Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

8HP90 Transmission Refresh - Affordable!

Trader history for Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC (2)

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
After talking with @hellno and seeing some offering transmission rebuilds for $8,0000 dollars we thought it was time to come up with a plan to refresh these transmissions at a more affordable price. The goal was to offer a stronger unit for under $5k

Here is a little run down of the different 3 options
All options will include a tear down, inspection and cleaning
First Option - Factory Refresh. Taking the old worn out clutches and replacing with new clutches. $3495
Second Option
- Billet E-Drum with increased capacity factory clutches. This is the same E-drum as the 8hpXtreme just utilizing factory clutches $4495 -- Personal favorite option
Third Option
- Billet E-Drum with GPZ Clutches. These are the same clutches and E-Drum as the 8hpXtreme $5495

https://mooredperformance.com/products/8hp90-transmission-refresh

The stock 8HP 90 with factory clutches and a good trans tune can handle really good power. We have decided to offer a refresh service with an option of a Billet Drum and increased clutch capacity. There is also an option to upgrade to GPZ clutches for a more race focused transmission.

This service is for people who are pushing on the car and just want to refresh clutches or add the billet drum and add strength and what the transmission can handle.

STOCK REFRESH ONLY

Disassemble Clean
Includes separator plate needed to strip and clean valve body. Pump bolt and seal kit (PT#68419200AA). Replace pan bolts with steel 10mm head bolts and new filter.

Addons

• Stock upgraded with billet E-drum and increased clutch capacity OEM frictions
  • Refresh with billet E-drum and GPZ upgraded frictions, increased capacity.
  • Removal and Install
Can be prefilled for 150 extra

Disclaimer: This is intended for transmissions that have less then 30k miles on them. If you are in need of a full rebuild please see the 8hpxtreme transmission that is a complete rebuild of the transmission. If there are any questions about this disclaimer contact us before ordering.

Last edited:

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Good idea

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Hellcat Charger Redeye Widebody
Nice guys. I'm sure with my luck, you'll be hearing from me sooner than later.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Very nice. Are you located in MI?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

OP
Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Very nice. Are you located in MI?

I am in Michigan but the units will be sent to @hellno 's shop in Memphis, TN. He is the one who does the rebuilds.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I am in Michigan but the units will be sent to @hellno 's shop in Memphis, TN. He is the one who does the rebuilds.
Darn I'm in Chicagoland

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Howbout the HP95? Im liking that price for my DD. I figured I might as well ruin that one like I do all my other cars smfh......

OP
Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Darn I'm in Chicagoland

You can always come up here for removal and install if need be.
Howbout the HP95? Im liking that price for my DD. I figured I might as well ruin that one like I do all my other cars smfh......
It’s going to be about 200 extra for the hp 95.
For a daily the Oem and e-drum would be perfect.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
unfortunately I need a full rebuild

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It's a nice ride up to Memphis.

Make sure you're double packing and watch where you are at.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah I’m not sure how far the shop is from where Speed got hit
It's a nice ride up to Memphis.

Make sure you're double packing and watch where you are at.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yeah I’m not sure how far the shop is from where Speed got hit
Memphis is 500 times worse. I think it's about 200+ miles.

OP
Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Martin
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14
Are you wanting Stock or GPZ clutches? The 8hpXtreme is GPZ but utilizing stock clutches is a little cheaper

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
GPZ seems like the way to go

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
ILL CHIME IN ON THIS ,I PERSONALLY WHEN IT CAME TO RACING THE HELLCAT ALWAYS WANTED TO GO FAST AS INEXPENSIVELY AS POSSIBLE ,DURING THE TIME WHEN I FIRST STARTED MODIFYING MY HELLCAT W/DUSTEROFF I MADE THE MISTAKE OF DOING PULLS ON THE INTERSTATE AND LEAVING IT IN STREET INSTEAD OF SPORT OR TRACK AND DAMGED THE TRANS AT THAT TIME IT ONLY HAD 12,000 MILES ON IT AND I KNEW I ONLY NEEDED CLUTCHES AND STEELS TO CORRECT IT I WASNT GOING TO THROW AWAY GOOD PARTS .THESE DAYS WITH THE SEALS BEING SO MUCH BETTER THEN WHEN I FIRST GOT STARTED IN THE BUSINESS, THE SEALS ARE CAPABLE OF EASILY A 100,000 PLUS MILES ,@Hatermkr ( JIM) CAME DOWN FROM WISCONSIN SEVERAL YEARS AGO DURING THE THANKGIVING HOLIDAY AND WE REFRESHED HIS TRANS HE HAD LOW MILEGAE AND JIM WAS ALSO KNOWLEDGEABLE TO KNOW THERE WAS NO SENSE IN WASTIING MONEY ON A FULL KIT . AS YALL KNOW I HAVE STEPPED AWAY FOM RACING AND I SEE THE COST OF THESE TRANSMISSIONS AFTER SHIPPING ,INSTALLATION FLUIDS ETC ,,WE ARE TALKING NOW AS MUCH AS 12,000 DOLLARS PLUS ,IT JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE TO SPEND THAT KINDA MONEY ON SOMETHING YOUR GONNA INTENTALLY BEAT ON AND THERES NO GUARANTEE YOU WANT TEAR IT UP .AND THERES NO WARRANTY IN RACING PERIOD !!!!, I GOT WITH @jonx96 AND SAID HEY LETS GIVE AN OPTION TO THE LOW MILEGAE GUYS AND GIVE BACK O THE COMMUNITY, ID LIKE TO THINK ANYONE HERE THATS REACHED OUT TO ME KNOWS I ENJOY HELPING WHEN I CAN ,THIS IS JUST ANOTHER WAY OF DOING IT,,,, AND I KNOW THE UPS AND DOWNS ASSOCIATTED WITH THESE CARS AND THE FUSTRATION THAT COMES WITH IT

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
ILL CHIME IN ON THIS ,I PERSONALLY WHEN IT CAME TO RACING THE HELLCAT ALWAYS WANTED TO GO FAST AS INEXPENSIVELY AS POSSIBLE ,DURING THE TIME WHEN I FIRST STARTED MODIFYING MY HELLCAT W/DUSTEROFF I MADE THE MISTAKE OF DOING PULLS ON THE INTERSTATE AND LEAVING IT IN STREET INSTEAD OF SPORT OR TRACK AND DAMGED THE TRANS AT THAT TIME IT ONLY HAD 12,000 MILES ON IT AND I KNEW I ONLY NEEDED CLUTCHES AND STEELS TO CORRECT IT I WASNT GOING TO THROW AWAY GOOD PARTS .THESE DAYS WITH THE SEALS BEING SO MUCH BETTER THEN WHEN I FIRST GOT STARTED IN THE BUSINESS, THE SEALS ARE CAPABLE OF EASILY A 100,000 PLUS MILES ,@Hatermkr ( JIM) CAME DOWN FROM WISCONSIN SEVERAL YEARS AGO DURING THE THANKGIVING HOLIDAY AND WE REFRESHED HIS TRANS HE HAD LOW MILEGAE AND JIM WAS ALSO KNOWLEDGEABLE TO KNOW THERE WAS NO SENSE IN WASTIING MONEY ON A FULL KIT . AS YALL KNOW I HAVE STEPPED AWAY FOM RACING AND I SEE THE COST OF THESE TRANSMISSIONS AFTER SHIPPING ,INSTALLATION FLUIDS ETC ,,WE ARE TALKING NOW AS MUCH AS 12,000 DOLLARS PLUS ,IT JUST DOESNT MAKE SENSE TO SPEND THAT KINDA MONEY ON SOMETHING YOUR GONNA INTENTALLY BEAT ON AND THERES NO GUARANTEE YOU WANT TEAR IT UP .AND THERES NO WARRANTY IN RACING PERIOD !!!!, I GOT WITH @jonx96 AND SAID HEY LETS GIVE AN OPTION TO THE LOW MILEGAE GUYS AND GIVE BACK O THE COMMUNITY, ID LIKE TO THINK ANYONE HERE THATS REACHED OUT TO ME KNOWS I ENJOY HELPING WHEN I CAN ,THIS IS JUST ANOTHER WAY OF DOING IT,,,, AND I KNOW THE UPS AND DOWNS ASSOCIATTED WITH THESE CARS AND THE FUSTRATION THAT COMES WITH IT
This is my brother πŸ‘¨πŸ½ πŸ˜€

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
@Unholy707 IF YOU DECIDE TO COME TO MEMPHIS BROTHER I HAVE AN EXTRA ROOM IF YOU GIVE ME A HEADS UP YOUR CAR WILL BE SAFE

OF COURSE THE RATES WILL BE THE SAME AS THE HYATT REGENCY:ROFLMAO:

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
This is my brother πŸ‘¨πŸ½ πŸ˜€
PLEASE BUY YOUR BROTHER SOME READING GLASSES SO WE DON'T HAVE TO READ ALL CAPS.

@Unholy707 IF YOU DECIDE TO COME TO MEMPHIS BROTHER I HAVE AN EXTRA ROOM IF YOU GIVE ME A HEADS UP YOUR CAR WILL BE SAFE

OF COURSE THE RATES WILL BE THE SAME AS THE HYATT REGENCY:ROFLMAO:
Stay at the Hyatt, you won't get bed bugs. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
PLEASE BUY YOUR BROTHER SOME READING GLASSES SO WE DON'T HAVE TO READ ALL CAPS.

Stay at the Hyatt, you won't get bed bugs. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I could read it πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«