Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Adding aftermarket performance parts to your Hellcat

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
lol, I have 2 toys and no house. But I do have great parents that have 2 houses.. one of them they don’t really live in 6 months of the year.. and it’s got a 4 car garage for me to fill out 😂. Thinking maybe next year I might buy a rental property.. owning a house is a big responsibility.. in my area if you want even a nice town home it’s 300-500k+..
If you do it right it's also a great investment though!

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #22
And I know I’m replying to myself.. don’t forget about the taxes! That’s probably another 8k a year on a 300k property.
Yeah no shit, you really never own anything.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Another words to live in your neighborhood "you got to have a good job!":ROFLMAO::LOL:
Haha yes.. which I do.. respectfully.. I’m a painting contractor... I could have a 300k house.. but I wanted to get my priorities straight first 😂🤦‍♂️😆.. ehhummm two hellcats.. you know priorities

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well the second one just kind of happened it wasn’t my fault.. right charger challenger? The 22nd one just happened right?? 😄

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
one thing I will add to this thread.. if you don’t have your car paid off and your doing an expensive build that to me is stupid. Definitely my own priority is getting my cars paid off first.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
lol, I have 2 toys and no house. But I do have great parents that have 2 houses.. one of them they don’t really live in 6 months of the year.. and it’s got a 4 car garage for me to fill out 😂. Thinking maybe next year I might buy a rental property.. owning a house is a big responsibility.. in my area if you want even a nice town home it’s 300-500k+..
But what about the 6 months they are there? Do they become your roommates?:LOL:

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #27
But what about the 6 months they are there? Do they become your roommates?:LOL:
He stays in the garage:D

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
one thing I will add to this thread.. if you don’t have your car paid off and your doing an expensive build that to me is stupid. Definitely my own priority is getting my cars paid off first.
Depends on what the car is costing you.

I often get the urge to pay off my cars and then have to do the math and force myself not to. It is much more advantageous for me to pay 2.5% in interest to the bank than to have my own cash tied up in cars. For example, looking at some of my very moderate risk investments this morning, they have still done +8% in the last 12 months.

Now, if I put that money towards my 2.5% loan I am missing out on 5.5% growth on it over a year. So I am happy to pay 2.5%.

However, the loans do not keep me from anything, i.e. they don't put my debt to income ratio too high, they don't keep me from buying whatever house I want (based on my income, of course), etc..

I'm not a kagillionaire yet though, nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn last night...

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Really, do I need to get technical and say "brake pads"?

If you can't figure that one out you need training wheels.

"oil can" you figured that one out right
There are full ceramic brakes...

Overall I agree with you though...but for some people these cars aren't that expensive and some owners are serious racers so not going faster isn't an option!

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle

I often get the urge to pay off my cars and then have to do the math and force myself not to. It is much more advantageous for me to pay 2.5% in interest to the bank than to have my own cash tied up in cars. For example, looking at some of my very moderate risk investments this morning, they have still done +8% in the last 12 months.

Now, if I put that money towards my 2.5% loan I am missing out on 5.5% growth on it over a year. So I am happy to pay 2.5%.

However, the loans do not keep me from anything, i.e. they don't put my debt to income ratio too high, they don't keep me from buying whatever house I want (based on my income, of course), etc..

I'm not a kagillionaire yet though, nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn last night...
That’s a great rate.. my charger I bought at 28 and they got me with 5.25%.. I think in like 6 months I’ll have that paid off.. when I bought the challenger my credit score was over 800. But here’s the funny part.. I got denied by like 8 banks before the police and fire credit union hook me up and did the lowest rate 3.7%.. they actually will pay you some or most of that interest back too depending on how well their CU does. They also said I’m preapproved for a home with only 3% cash down. CU are pretty cool. Banks suck lol, mostly.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Even though I’m 30 have 803 credit score and no debt or expenses other than the Charger I’m still paying for.. all those banks denied me 🙅‍♂️. Gotta love ‘em! Makes a lot of sense right? Image someone with bad credit

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #32

That’s a great rate.. my charger I bought at 28 and they got me with 5.25%.. I think in like 6 months I’ll have that paid off.. when I bought the challenger my credit score was over 800. But here’s the funny part.. I got denied by like 8 banks before the police and fire credit union hook me up and did the lowest rate 3.7%.. they actually will pay you some or most of that interest back too depending on how well their CU does. They also said I’m preapproved for a home with only 3% cash down. CU are pretty cool. Banks suck lol, mostly.
I just paid cash for mine because I'm carrying a note on my truck but like Aero, I get the urge to pay it off every time I make a truck payment

OP
Tape

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Thread Starter #33
Even though I’m 30 have 803 credit score and no debt or expenses other than the Charger I’m still paying for.. all those banks denied me 🙅‍♂️. Gotta love ‘em! Makes a lot of sense right? Image someone with bad credit
Yeah you got to be in a position where you don't need the money to get a loan, I hate dealing with the loan officers is why I usually just pay cash

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
A house that costs half of a Hellcat? Haha. Jeez 😂

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
That’s called a tear down in philly

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’ve looked at some of those last year.. I was like I’m in wayyyy over my head.. whole house smelled like rampant cat piss.. all the ceilings were caving in.. I’m like I’ve seen enough heh..

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’ve looked at some of those last year.. I was like I’m in wayyyy over my head.. whole house smelled like rampant cat piss.. all the ceilings were caving in.. I’m like I’ve seen enough heh..
Even that was like over 100k

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
It’s funny.. I have like spidey senses when it comes to cat piss 😂! And cats in general.. I’m a bit allergic to them.. mostly skin.. but like if I walk into a home I can sense if you have a cat in like 60 seconds without seeing it. I love cats though.. my allergy I wasn’t even aware of until I was in my 20s coming home from my buddies house itching the shit out of my skin needing to take a cold shower.. I was like wtf is going on.. 😺

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Modifying your car...

Personalize it to "make it your own"

Or make it go faster, well because faster is better... even if you're not racing somebody else.

I do have this internal struggle with "keeping it original" though

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Really, do I need to get technical and say "brake pads"?

If you can't figure that one out you need training wheels.

"oil can" you figured that one out right
Careful. That man knows more about cars than anyone I know.