Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Advice on New Trans purchase please.

Which Option from list below

Votes: 1 8.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 10 83.3%

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Dang you must have done a number on it LOL. We've bumped the line pressure up in mine to a decent degree, at least to that of what a factory Demon calibration has in it so that may be helping mine.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to use D&B Automotive in Memphis! If you haven’t checked out Davids videos on FB and Youtube, you should!

David, thanks for the help deciding on your 8HP90SS Trans with billet drum &hub upgrades. It should be on its way to you from So.Cal. by the end of next week if all goes well. 😎 I’m excited to get her back on the track and see how deep into the 9’s I can go before getting kicked out of the stupid NHRA Tracks here in Cali! 😡
View attachment 43557
Nice lavender purple tape behind the rears 😄. You know they make PPF for that sort of thing

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I was speaking with a dodge tech today, option 1 and 2 might not be options at all. They are not allowed to open the valve bodies and pull the clutches out their housings. They usually send out the transmissions for servicing.

OP
socalfun64

socalfun64

Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
TEHACHAPI
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #24
OP
socalfun64

socalfun64

Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
TEHACHAPI
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
I was speaking with a dodge tech today, option 1 and 2 might not be options at all. They are not allowed to open the valve bodies and pull the clutches out their housings. They usually send out the transmissions for servicing.
I’ve actually decided to go in a different direction. I’m not disclosing it right now, but at a later date if appropriate. 😗

OP
socalfun64

socalfun64

Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
TEHACHAPI
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #26
Dang you must have done a number on it LOL. We've bumped the line pressure up in mine to a decent degree, at least to that of what a factory Demon calibration has in it so that may be helping mine.
Here my list of codes. Mostly clutch issues I think. Pretty sure it was bad tuning but 🤷🏼‍♂️
P1d91
p0716
p1d8f
p1d97

OP
socalfun64

socalfun64

Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
TEHACHAPI
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #27
Hey guys and Linda, 🙂 so I ended up going with Jon Sipple of Sipple Speed and Performance in North Carolina. He built me one of his MAX EFFORT units with a Billet E-Drum and a Demon Torque Converter and all the good stuff including his proprietary mods from 30+ years of building trans and working on cars.

I’m tuned by Tim Barth and that’s who he recommended and I’m really happy he did. Jon has an amazing reputation and is a super nice guy. As swamped as he is, he’s found time to go above and beyond what’s expected to get me taken care of. Jon’s Wife, as well as Tim and especially Rhonda Barth have been beyond helpful as well. He’s just so dang busy but thats what happens when you’re the best.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Hey guys and Linda, 🙂 so I ended up going with Jon Sipple of Sipple Speed and Performance in North Carolina. He built me one of his MAX EFFORT units with a Billet E-Drum and a Demon Torque Converter and all the good stuff including his proprietary mods from 30+ years of building trans and working on cars.

I’m tuned by Tim Barth and that’s who he recommended and I’m really happy he did. Jon has an amazing reputation and is a super nice guy. As swamped as he is, he’s found time to go above and beyond what’s expected to get me taken care of. Jon’s Wife, as well as Tim and especially Rhonda Barth have been beyond helpful as well. He’s just so dang busy but thats what happens when you’re the best.
Jon Sipple is a great guy you can’t go wrong with him