Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Aftermarket parts - what works and what is a waste of cash?

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
I'm really sorry to hear about the alignment issues. I can put you in touch with Zach on Facebook if you want. He's their rep at all the shows and worked for them for years. He's also the one in their recent Youtube video explaining how to adjust the alignment with tabs. I bet he can help.
Me, I'm taking forever to change out my hubs and install the Viper front calipers. I truly hate how complicated the rear suspension is.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #242
I'm really sorry to hear about the alignment issues. I can put you in touch with Zach on Facebook if you want. He's their rep at all the shows and worked for them for years. He's also the one in their recent Youtube video explaining how to adjust the alignment with tabs. I bet he can help.
Me, I'm taking forever to change out my hubs and install the Viper front calipers. I truly hate how complicated the rear suspension is.
He and his side kick are the source of the incorrect info! I got a darn masters degree on changing those tabs now TD. He flat told me to change all tabs (camber and caster arms) to max negative camber tabs and then the toe would magically flip to toe out. That seemed geometrically possible to me, it behaves that way in the rear. Because he uses his own LX for autox. I got a specific text message if anyone wants to see, because I wanted to confirm before I waste my valuable time on a weekend. That is why I am so pissed at them right now, I am about to rip those expensive front arms off and ask for lots of money from them.

I deleted all the previous. After you change the camber for road racing to max negative camber, you MUST adjust the toe. No use bitching about it. They just did not tell us that was necessary, and told me what would happen to the toe backwards!

Done and it seems on the money. I will look forward to trying it out this week.

Last edited:

TrackDay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Great White North
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger
Me, I've been a fan of the KISS principle. Better brakes and bigger tires. I've ignored most other things. The rest just keeps working.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #244
Me, I've been a fan of the KISS principle. Better brakes and bigger tires. I've ignored most other things. The rest just keeps working.
It got too strange, without changing the toe settings, the changes that could be accomplished would not be worth it. Now we shall soon see if we can help the outside shoulders on these more sensitive tires. We will talk soon. In the end, the front toe setting change may be more easy than the rear WITH the tabs and spending large cash! I can do it in the pits in about ten minutes, maybe less.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #245
After some laps in my hands these new Cup 2 fronts look great! This says that front alignment is finally the road racers chit!!

E42505FE-EF43-4D3B-A10D-36C6CC02FA28.jpeg