Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Air Grabber hood

Member ID
Reactions
City
saratoga springs
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
IMG_0141.jpg IMG_0141.jpg
Installed the Air Grabber hood yesterday.

Attachments

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
Great look. Did you get it functional for some CAI?

OP
hellcat523
Member ID
Reactions
City
saratoga springs
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Great look. Did you get it functional for some CAI?
I have the BWoody CAI.My car is a 2016 so the Redeye or Demon air box won't fit.I'm going to see if I can fab a box to isolate the filter to just get air from the hood and the headlight opening.The air duct is right to the filter.You can put your hand in the scope and touch the filter element.Its pretty functional, well I haven't tried it yet to see what the IAT is now...we're getting snow now:(.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I have the BWoody CAI.My car is a 2016 so the Redeye or Demon air box won't fit.I'm going to see if I can fab a box to isolate the filter to just get air from the hood and the headlight opening.The air duct is right to the filter.You can put your hand in the scope and touch the filter element.Its pretty functional, well I haven't tried it yet to see what the IAT is now...we're getting snow now:(.
Nice looking hood where did you score it?

OP
hellcat523
Member ID
Reactions
City
saratoga springs
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
Nice looking hood where did you score it?
My local dealer.The lead tech/mech that works there,Dr. Challenger as we all call him is quite tenacious.He checked the availability of certain parts every days.i.e. Demon parts that are VIN restricted.One night something happened and the system let him place the order and we got lucky.Steve White has a few that they got and they are charging accordingly.I was able to get mine for much less then they are getting for theirs.They are awesome looking/functioning hoods but I don't think I'd pay what SW is asking.At some point they might come off VIN restriction and everyone can get one at the true price.The Redeye hood offers pretty much the same air flow too so thats always an option.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Well only time will tell, I’ve always liked the look of that hood.

TMAC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mesa
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
aFe makes a complete Demon cold air intake setup. I am putting one on my 2017.
All you need to do is trim the bottom side of the airbox to clear your steering and bolt it on.
I have the aFe airbox (wet filter) setup, and will be putting that on later this month.