Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Any Cummins 12V owners out there ??

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
I just bought a 96 2wd 5sp 2500. The oil psi is all over the place I want to put in a mech. gauge any recommendations on brands?
Plus insights Which forums for 12V are the best, or do we have some HCaters with old trucks?
Thanks
TB

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I don't have a 12v but I have a 03 5.9. I've had really good luck with my Glow Shift Gauges. For some reason they've had a bad rep. I've had them on 5 or 6 years. There wasn't many LED options for an affordable price at that time. I had a friend by an expensive brand that weren't led. He had all sort of condensation issues and not being able to see his gauges at certain times. I wouldn't have any worry about going Glowshift. They look nice and for me have been reliable.

OP
T

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
Thread Starter #3
Thanks I'll check them out
TB

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Damn near indestructible, accept for one flaw something about pin shearing off on timing gear, and dropping in gear train issuing a fatal knock out. That should be taken very serious on that model, fix it and good to go hundreds of thousands miles.

srtdusty

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Mound
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger
94 5 speed truck. My oil pressure gauge was everywhere, replaced the switch. I’ve had this old truck for almost 15 years and would sell my 19 dually before it

FDB14164-74E6-4191-9595-69A7787742C8.jpeg

Bboyd

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
2001 24 valve 6 speed, just put 100hp injectors in over weekend.. i want a new one but just can't let this truck go!

Attachments

OP
T

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
Thread Starter #7
Damn near indestructible, accept for one flaw something about pin shearing off on timing gear, and dropping in gear train issuing a fatal knock out. That should be taken very serious on that model, fix it and good to go hundreds of thousands miles.
Me and a buddie plan on doing that ASAP this weekend new oil psi gauge

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Me and a buddie plan on doing that ASAP this weekend new oil psi gauge
Good move!
I opened up my 91 and by the luck of the lottery gods the pin was sitting on a gear. Somehow must have just fell out. If I would have started it, where the pin was it likely would have eaten everything up.

OP
T

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
Thread Starter #9
Not sure when we are going to get to the pin I want to get the oil tested to make sure no fuel. I rigged a gauge and put cheap oil and filter I have good oil psi 35 hot idle. I don't know if I can do a pump seal if needed. How long did the pin job take you?

OP
T

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
Thread Starter #10
2001 24 valve 6 speed, just put 100hp injectors in over weekend.. i want a new one but just can't let this truck go!
I plan on a 6sp when it needs a clutch. where did you get your 6spd trans from if it was new?

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Not sure when we are going to get to the pin I want to get the oil tested to make sure no fuel. I rigged a gauge and put cheap oil and filter I have good oil psi 35 hot idle. I don't know if I can do a pump seal if needed. How long did the pin job take you?
It took me maybe an afternoon. When I dig around in stuff I haven't before I work slower.
I did as some others and did not replace the dowel pin fwiw.

OP
T

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
Thread Starter #12
It took me maybe an afternoon. When I dig around in stuff I haven't before I work slower.
I did as some others and did not replace the dowel pin fwiw.
I'm planning on doing the water pump when in there. I haven't worked on a diesel since HS shop class. When I drove Big Truck I only did pretrips I didn't have to get my hands dirty. I think except for air hoses and mud flaps I put a brake chamber once.