Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Any tricks to getting Clutch Hydraulic line clip in place at trans??

Member ID
Reactions
City
Eustis
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT/70RR
Having a difficult time installing the Hydraulic line clutch clip at Trans. Just doesn't want to clip into place. Any tricks to this??

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Having a difficult time installing the Hydraulic line clutch clip at Trans. Just doesn't want to clip into place. Any tricks to this??
I remember it took me a long time to get that sucker back on. I think I took long needle nose pliers to hold the clip in place with one hand and then used my other hand to push the clip on. I was doing this on jack stands in my driveway and was terrified the clip was going to fling out and be lost or drop in the trans tunnel hole (I might've put masking tape over the hole to prevent that). I took my sweet ass time to make sure I didn't lose or bend that sucker.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Use youall petrafied doll fin penis.

OP
Fabman
Member ID
Reactions
City
Eustis
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT/70RR
Thread Starter #4
OP
Fabman
Member ID
Reactions
City
Eustis
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT/70RR
Thread Starter #5
I remember it took me a long time to get that sucker back on. I think I took long needle nose pliers to hold the clip in place with one hand and then used my other hand to push the clip on. I was doing this on jack stands in my driveway and was terrified the clip was going to fling out and be lost or drop in the trans tunnel hole (I might've put masking tape over the hole to prevent that). I took my sweet ass time to make sure I didn't lose or bend that sucker.
Yep ! first attempt it dropped in the bell housing...but I was able to retrieve it with a magnet...THEN the masking tape went on. But still cant get it into the grove on the other side of the receiver. Gonna hit it again this morning...,,,

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I think you maybe putting it on wrong? It doesn’t go through the holes s as bd out the other side it goes around them then some have white plastic cap to insure clip can not come out. I’ll see if I can find a picture.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Here ya go, and BTW, the little blue X device is not the clutch delay valve. It is a restrictor to limit speed both in and out, the black device controls flow as well but allows full flow forward and restricts on the return, it’s called a flow check valve. It’s located under the brake booster where the clutch line comes through the firewall.

IMG_8994.png IMG_9541.png IMG_9476.jpeg IMG_9474.jpeg IMG_9540.png IMG_2478.jpeg

The guts can be removed from the black item, and put back in as well. I have Draggy data that shows faster shifts with it gutted. I’ll post if I get time to look for them. I’ve posted this all before if anyone what’s to search my posts to find it, has draggy data and all.

OP
Fabman
Member ID
Reactions
City
Eustis
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT/70RR
Thread Starter #8
HA ! THATS IT ! I was trying to pu it INSIDE the grove...not around the outside . THANK YOU !

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Here’s the guts from inside the black item which is the true Clutch Delay Valve. It’s very easy to take apart and clutch action difference is noticeable when gutted.

IMG_2761.jpeg IMG_2748.jpeg IMG_2747.jpeg
IMG_2749.jpeg

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Ths
Here ya go, and BTW, the little blue X device is not the clutch delay valve. It is a restrictor to limit speed both in and out, the black device controls flow as well but allows full flow forward and restricts on the return, it’s called a flow check valve. It’s located under the brake booster where the clutch line comes through the firewall.

View attachment 120370 View attachment 120371 View attachment 120372 View attachment 120373 View attachment 120374 View attachment 120375

The guts can be removed from the black item, and put back in as well. I have Draggy data that shows faster shifts with it gutted. I’ll post if I get time to look for them. I’ve posted this all before if anyone what’s to search my posts to find it, has draggy data and all.
t doohickey plugs into the slave cylinder right?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States