Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Anyone use SLiPLO for front bumper?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
tiger, they surely figure that someone with a taxi, or a Charger used in other commercial applications, don't have the money or skills to add any bolt-ons. Also, wimmin with add-ons are likely more attracted to the extended-family version of what used to be a great looking vehicle, and they tend to be expensive in upkeep by themselves.

Anyway, I have no interest in a SLip'n'snowPLO for my Challenger. It doesn't like playing in snow.
I have the ZL1 piece on the Challenger. It works great.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Unlike @Jimmy N. who will most certainly die a cold and lonely death in old age. ;) lol
Thinking more about this, tiger, it's not out of the question that I'll die cold. For the most part it's nice and cool here, even in the summer. And it's highly likely that I'll die alone, the way I drive, and with the machinery I operate.

But first I'd have to get old, which is quite unlikely, largely due to what I do and how. And getting old could induce an urge to move to Florida. If that happens I'd die from the heat. If the humidity doesn't kill me first.

tigertime

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fair oaks Ranch
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thinking more about this, tiger, it's not out of the question that I'll die cold. For the most part it's nice and cool here, even in the summer. And it's highly likely that I'll die alone, the way I drive, and with the machinery I operate.

But first I'd have to get old, which is quite unlikely, largely due to what I do and how. And getting old could induce an urge to move to Florida. If that happens I'd die from the heat. If the humidity doesn't kill me first.
Amigo.. You are a riot!

But for real, I'm envious of how the two doors have a well engineered splitter. While us taxi drivers have to search for doodads to protect part of our entire front end.

So, touchè on this one. But the battle rages on.. :)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
There's a joke about a condom in there, somewhere.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Just like you think that you'll die in florida I feel the same thing about where you live.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Just like you think that you'll die in florida I feel the same thing about where you live.
That's fully understandable. A neighbor down the road has a large sign over his driveway that reads "No country for old men".

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
That's fully understandable. A neighbor down the road has a large sign over his driveway that reads "No country for old men".
The weather dickhead.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Please note that no country for old men is about where I live bc we're tough old hombres...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
Had you considered filling in the curb approach with asphalt cold patch. That would change the approach angle and wouldn't effect water drainage

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The weather dickhead.
The weather?!? It's practically perfect.

For example, it was 35 over night, which took the house down to 56 degrees. Of course, then it got hot later on the day.(73). But at least the humidity is a tolerable 21%.

OP
Av8ing1

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #34
Had you considered filling in the curb approach with asphalt cold patch. That would change the approach angle and wouldn't effect water drainage
I live in a typical crappy California home with houses 10 feet from each other and supper short driveways with giant curbs. My crazy angled approach to the curb still often results in scrapes. I also scrape my daily on it and its not near as low as the Cat.

I didn't know asphalt cold patches existed...I bet my HOA would have a shit fit. I'm doing it! My local Home Depot has some. Hopefully I can scrape it back off if they start righting me up.

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
I live in a typical crappy California home with houses 10 feet from each other and supper short driveways with giant curbs. My crazy angled approach to the curb still often results in scrapes. I also scrape my daily on it and its not near as low as the Cat.

I didn't know asphalt cold patches existed...I bet my HOA would have a shit fit. I'm doing it! My local Home Depot has some. Hopefully I can scrape it back off if they start righting me up.
check it out, any asphalt paving company would have it. used often around here to temporarily patch pot holes, probably don't have that problem in CA though. have you tried backing in ?

OP
Av8ing1

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #36
check it out, any asphalt paving company would have it. used often around here to temporarily patch pot holes, probably don't have that problem in CA though. have you tried backing in ?
Despite not having the cold weather our roads still have plenty of potholes. In the bigger cities its getting bad along with everything else.
My best option is to take it at a big angle very slowly. Forward up into the garage and backwards back into the street. I also have to dodge the daily that is in on one half of the short driveway and squeeze it in the tiny two car garage next to the old truck.

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
Despite not having the cold weather our roads still have plenty of potholes. In the bigger cities its getting bad along with everything else.
My best option is to take it at a big angle very slowly. Forward up into the garage and backwards back into the street. I also have to dodge the daily that is in on one half of the short driveway and squeeze it in the tiny two car garage next to the old truck.
That doesn't sound like a good situation to have :unsure: Is the driveway steep also ? maybe you could lay some wood planks down to see if building up to the curb is even possible, or make 2x4 template for the wheel base and the splitter clearances, then you should be able to see if even building up the curb would even work. HOA might let to have the curb ground and a new approach to the driveway made also. it doesn't hurt to ask

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Plow front yard to grade, concrete over, install ladder to access front porch. ;)

OP
Av8ing1

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #39
That doesn't sound like a good situation to have :unsure: Is the driveway steep also ? maybe you could lay some wood planks down to see if building up to the curb is even possible, or make 2x4 template for the wheel base and the splitter clearances, then you should be able to see if even building up the curb would even work. HOA might let to have the curb ground and a new approach to the driveway made also. it doesn't hurt to ask
A pair of 2x4's does work. My driveway isn't very steep it's just the curb that is. All the houses are the same way. My current solution, sideways approach does work but I think some creative modes to the curb is in order at some point.

Wizza

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat
I know the conversation took a side road but I put it on my Charger a few yrs ago and am pleased with them.....have heard them in use a few times 20200523_194916.jpg