Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Best tire dressing ever

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
That's one of the ones I have used. Slings crud all over the rear of the car
But it’s America’s #1 favorite crud slinger Hunter. Just remember that, haha.

landoawd

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I'll stick with 303, but this looks interesting, at least.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I just ordered this on Amazon. I had used it years ago on some customers aircraft and had forgotten about it until this thread fired some of my memory neurons. It was a good product back then and it didn't throw residue all over the aircraft.
I'll let you know if it's still good or not in a few days.

https://www.amazon.com/Dressing-Protectant-Attracting-Conditioner-Automotive/dp/B003VSATBI
Ok.....so I used this stuff yesterday on my truck tires. It soaked in nice and gave my tires a nice dark satin appearance. I sprayed it directly onto my tires right after I washed the truck. I cleaned the tires with 409 before I washed the truck to get off all the dirt and old tire shine off. I did not follow their directions other than cleaning the tires. I just sprayed it on and walked away.
I took a long drive today and after I got back, I did not notice any slinging of this product onto the truck.

This pic is after about a 60 mile drive, so there's probably some road dirt/dust because I had to drive down a dirt driveway. I wanted to show what they look like after some use. Not super shiny, just a nice satin finish.

tire shine.jpg

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #44
OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #45
Here is the same tire after 5 days and wiped off with a wet towel. 7BC8009A-C230-4ECC-B836-0D05412017A9.jpeg

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
I just ordered this on Amazon. I had used it years ago on some customers aircraft and had forgotten about it until this thread fired some of my memory neurons. It was a good product back then and it didn't throw residue all over the aircraft.
I'll let you know if it's still good or not in a few days.

https://www.amazon.com/Dressing-Protectant-Attracting-Conditioner-Automotive/dp/B003VSATBI
Ordered some, might try it on the cat but I've got some nose wheel tires that could use some attention.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Ordered some, might try it on the cat but I've got some nose wheel tires that could use some attention.
Just spray some on a sponge or a towel and wipe it on. Always worked good that way. When I sprayed it on my truck tires yesterday I just wanted it to soak in so i didn't do any wiping.
The sprayer that came with the bottle wasn't the best, but it worked ok. I might change the sprayer.
I was glad to see that the tires weren't all covered with dirt from driving down that dirt driveway today like they would've been with the greasey tire dressing I've used in the past.

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
I use meguires tire gel. No sling and a great look. Cheap too. $10 bottle has lasted me 2 yrs so far and expect it to last another cpl years. I apply it about once a month when I do my full detail on her. I usually rinse once a wk and full detail once a month.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #49
I use meguires tire gel. No sling and a great look. Cheap too. $10 bottle has lasted me 2 yrs so far and expect it to last another cpl years. I apply it about once a month.
Wish we had spoke earlier. I threw away a bottle on Friday.

Doublewide

Member ID
Reactions
City
Little Rock
State
AR
Country
United States
Wish we had spoke earlier. I threw away a bottle on Friday.
Would have gladly taken it off your hands! Love the stuff

Member ID
Reactions
City
Aurora
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat Widebody
I use meguires tire gel. No sling and a great look. Cheap too. $10 bottle has lasted me 2 yrs so far and expect it to last another cpl years. I apply it about once a month when I do my full detail on her. I usually rinse once a wk and full detail once a month.
That's what I used to use as well. Good stuff that lasts...but still slings a little bit. My car is white so I see all! My box from amazon gets here on Wed. hopefully it works!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Aurora
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat Widebody
So after using the tire dressing....I must say I'm impressed! It really is a pain to start off with but like others have said....follow the directions and the results will follow. IMG_1519.jpeg

Attachments

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #53
So after using the tire dressing....I must say I'm impressed! It really is a pain to start off with but like others have said....follow the directions and the results will follow. View attachment 18274
Glad you like it..