Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

BMW 750 i gets his feelings hurt

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
It helps having AWD but then again there are a lot of AWD cars and trucks out there that will give hellcats a problem on light to light encounters
yeah that's true, but an m5/e63 is pretty much a luxury hellcat with awd, not so much M per say but Amg made its living off putting in high horsepower engines in family sedans. In order to keep up with the horsepower and 0-60 numbers M5 was forced to go awd like the e63. the 2014 e63 was awd, took m5 about 4 more years to go awd. Also the new m5/e63 can go fully rwd with the touch of a button.

I would say even in the 1/4 mile on a prepped surface the m5 pushes the hellcat to the brink. Truly amazing car if it can walk a demon from a dig on a street.

With that being said it's a bit overpriced and lacks the sound and character of the hellcat lineup imo.

Definitely the go to sleeper tho, take off the badges + stock exhaust and not many will know what it is.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Ask him, if horsepower were like a stock price, was that POS a good investment? Think your supposed to buy low and sell high. He bought an expensive stock with no returns on investment.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
hilarious! Same here when I went up against Black Urus in my TrackHawk..Dude wouldn't look or nothing he just kept flooring it trying to run off. I'll catch him and leave him twice.
urus = the epitome of overpriced. Literally the car is a status symbol like the cullinan and the bentayga. 250k+ on a suv lol.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
A few weeks back, I ran a BMW M5 competition. From a 20mph roll we were dead even until I let out. The car still had dealer tags on it. After we stopped at the light, we complemented each other on our cars, and parted ways. Dude said my supercharger was loud as hell though during the run ๐Ÿ˜†. So I guess not all BMW drivers are DBs
Ran a 4, 5 or 6 (don't know, never saw the back) a while back. Not a slouch but not a HC either.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
urus = the epitome of overpriced. Literally the car is a status symbol like the cullinan and the bentayga. 250k+ on a suv lol.
I'm not paying 250K for something that sounds like a urinary tract infection

OP
mopar madness

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
Thread Starter #46
yeah that's true, but an m5/e63 is pretty much a luxury hellcat with awd, not so much M per say but Amg made its living off putting in high horsepower engines in family sedans. In order to keep up with the horsepower and 0-60 numbers M5 was forced to go awd like the e63. the 2014 e63 was awd, took m5 about 4 more years to go awd. Also the new m5/e63 can go fully rwd with the touch of a button.

I would say even in the 1/4 mile on a prepped surface the m5 pushes the hellcat to the brink. Truly amazing car if it can walk a demon from a dig on a street.

With that being said it's a bit overpriced and lacks the sound and character of the hellcat lineup imo.

Definitely the go to sleeper tho, take off the badges + stock exhaust and not many will know what it is.
If I was to spend 6 figure on an AWD performance car Iโ€™ll stick with the Nissan. I prefer Japanese reliability and the GTR has way more aftermarket support

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
If I was to spend 6 figure on an AWD performance car Iโ€™ll stick with the Nissan. I prefer Japanese reliability and the GTR has way more aftermarket support
True but the gtr is severely dated, also think about it like this. You can still take out your family in a sedan, go on trips, pickup family/friends from the airport, daily drive it. The gtr not so much, and when you start modding it's a whole different game.

I would call stuff like the hellcat charger, e63, m5, etc etc more of a sleeper type car whereas the gtr is essentially a tunable supercar. I can't say much for dinan but for $2100 renntech will basically add 150 hp and circa 150 lb ft torque just on an ecu tune for the e63, basically turning it into a supercar competitor while maintaining the use of daily driveability.

The awd with ability to go full time rwd is something I hope they can bring to the hellcat platform, all the tech, luxury and stuff like massaging seats I can do without until I'm like 55+ (26 atm) but just adding that to this engine would allow this car to be all year around. Basically I would exclusively drive a hellcat instead of worrying if it's gonna rain/snow.

OP
mopar madness

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
Thread Starter #48
True but the gtr is severely dated, also think about it like this. You can still take out your family in a sedan, go on trips, pickup family/friends from the airport, daily drive it. The gtr not so much, and when you start modding it's a whole different game.

I would call stuff like the hellcat charger, e63, m5, etc etc more of a sleeper type car whereas the gtr is essentially a tunable supercar. I can't say much for dinan but for $2100 renntech will basically add 150 hp and circa 150 lb ft torque just on an ecu tune for the e63, basically turning it into a supercar competitor while maintaining the use of daily driveability.

The awd with ability to go full time rwd is something I hope they can bring to the hellcat platform, all the tech, luxury and stuff like massaging seats I can do without until I'm like 55+ (26 atm) but just adding that to this engine would allow this car to be all year around. Basically I would exclusively drive a hellcat instead of worrying if it's gonna rain/snow.
I get your point, the gtr hasnโ€™t been refreshed in awhile and is a little on the heavy side(sound familiar) but I happen to like the looks and you canโ€™t deny the AWD platform is pretty damn good. Probably wonโ€™t see AWD on the current challenger/charger platform, possibly the next generation.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I get your point, the gtr hasnโ€™t been refreshed in awhile and is a little on the heavy side(sound familiar) but I happen to like the looks and you canโ€™t deny the AWD platform is pretty damn good. Probably wonโ€™t see AWD on the current challenger/charger platform, possibly the next generation.
yeah you are probably right, I fear the next gen will go to a turbocharged v8 however.... which there's nothing wrong with, but the hellcat will then truly be an end of an era.

Yeah the Gtr is dated but still looks very good, they have fixed all the kinks and cons of the earlier model years. It just kinda lacks a lot of tech like hud, cooled seats, etc that are on the Corvette type of cars which it compete with. It's still a truly amazing car to drive and the way it moves and the tech on the track is amazing.

Best bang for buck would be a used 12-15 gtr and then throw a solid amount of mods and put down circa 900hp.

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Best bang for buck would be a used 12-15 gtr and then throw a solid amount of mods and put down circa 900hp.
Yeah that's great if you're young and nimble and you can lay down in the car and get out with no problem, fk that!
I'll stick with my Challenger

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Yeah that's great if you're young and nimble and you can lay down in the car and get out with no problem, fk that!
I'll stick with my Challenger
Sometimes I forget about you geezers ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I don't see a lot of those Break My Wallet cars

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Love this thread. Iโ€™m blessed to have a pretty decent lineup.

The GTR is with a doubt the safest car to go fast in on the street. Between the safety cuts, torque vectoring and traction, 1500+ is like a v6 Charger. High 2, low 3s 60-130 traps 210+ in the half and can drive it to get ice cream and doesnโ€™t even put out a fuel smell.

I also have an X5M with a tune that runs 11.2@124 all day long with just a jb4 tune.

Like I said before, the hellcat is in a league all itโ€™s own. Nothing else quite like it. Just needs a set of drag radials. Kind of how I feel about the NSX too.

All the neighborhood kids come over and tell me their favorite is SRT and they know the hellcat is the fastest. They even call me the SRT guy lol.

Last edited:

droptopp

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
I agree with 2pac, awd with ability for burn out would be a game changer for the HC platform.

Well atleast for us weather challenged people ;)

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Coming home from work just now had some middle aged stock broker looking dude run up on me on the tollway in a newer 750i. Needless to say I beat him like a rented mule lol after slowing down he pulled along side and gave me a thumbs down. Rolled down his window and yelled out my car is still a piece of shit. sore loser ๐Ÿ˜‚
He probably went back to the office yelled at the secretary and fired the porter. Now see what you did! LOL people these days, they have been raised to believe they cant loose at anything they do.

Detroit Muscle

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Apple Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Another person who received a free lesson on what these cars are about. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
He is probably considering trading in BMW in for a Hellcat now.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
He probably went back to the office yelled at the secretary and fired the porter. Now see what you did! LOL people these days, they have been raised to believe they cant loose at anything they do.
You mean fked his secretary ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚, while his wife was out with another man.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Best way to handle s
Another person who received a free lesson on what these cars are about. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
He is probably considering trading in BMW in for a Hellcat now.
Heck he is probably surfing this forum incognito, if he was a member he would respond to your post with that little wrench emoji the useful wrench on trading in Beamer for H-Cat

trancein

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Plainfield
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 ScatPack WideBody (PCP)
you should change your license plate to "BMR HNTR" Beemer Hunter:)

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
you should change your license plate to "BMR HNTR" Beemer Hunter:)
We aim higher....

More like "lambokllr" "rarikillr" "exoticlol"

I have toasted a few huracan's and ferrari's.