Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Buying another Hellcat

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #122
So I have never ordered a new car before, is one time better than another? Should I expect incentives to get better toward the end of the model year?

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
So I have never ordered a new car before, is one time better than another? Should I expect incentives to get better toward the end of the model year?
End of the year usually just gets built and delivered a lot faster is all. Usually by quite a bit. Hellcat incentives never really get better or worse as time passes from what I’ve experienced in the three times I’ve done this since 2015. Just my own observations.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
End of the year usually just gets built and delivered a lot faster is all. Usually by quite a bit.
If you'd wrote just built, instead of built and delivered, I'd been more likely to agree with you.
Although, you did write "usually", and our '19 Redeye apparently was not usual, taking over four months to get delivered.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
If you'd wrote just built, instead of built and delivered, I'd been more likely to agree with you.
Although, you did write "usually", and our '19 Redeye apparently was not usual, taking over four months to get delivered.
Ya def shouldve inserted a ‘Jimmy‘ disclaimer. You sir are an enigma with that 2019 lol.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Find one in a dealer’s showroom and you can get it with no waiting. Most dealers will be selling at MSRP. I found mine with the color combo I wanted in North Carolina by surfing the Internet. Told them over the phone I wanted it on a Friday. Wife and I flew down on Saturday morning and were driving it home to Virginia by noon.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Well ladies and gents, 7 months later and I still haven't purchased one. Just gave up on the crazy prices for a while.

Haven't really been tracking the market but seems like things stabilized and prices stayed high on used vehicles.

Still thinking about buying new, I guess I'll wait and see what happens this fall. We're moving to a place that will see Winter, so I may just order something and wait to see it in the spring. Wonder if they'll have any incentives closer to the end of the year to get rid of any remaining 2021s or if they're all accounted for already.

The good news is we sold our house in Phoenix and purchased a house in our new location already. Both markets are very hot but we downsized, so lots of equity from the house to go find the right Hellcat!
If not wanting one till spring I'd almost just want to wait for the 2022 to drop. You will learn winter is for upgrades. If you order now you will get it just in time for winter and you'll just be starring at it. Depending on State you may not be getting it out until mid March. One year we had snow/ice/salt all the way through March.
No idea when or if they will bring power dollars back.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
Find one in a dealer’s showroom and you can get it with no waiting. Most dealers will be selling at MSRP. I found mine with the color combo I wanted in North Carolina by surfing the Internet. Told them over the phone I wanted it on a Friday. Wife and I flew down on Saturday morning and were driving it home to Virginia by noon.
As long as you’re not super picky about options that works. Unfortunately someone like me prob wouldnt find exactly the right options. Dealers order the weirdest combos.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
If not wanting one till spring I'd almost just want to wait for the 2022 to drop. You will learn winter is for upgrades. If you order now you will get it just in time for winter and you'll just be starring at it. Depending on State you may not be getting it out until mid March. One year we had snow/ice/salt all the way through March.
No idea when or if they will bring power dollars back.
Depending on where he lives...for some of us, winter is the best season for driving!

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
There is a guy on the other form claiming 4% under invoice. IDK how that's possible. But I guess it is. Still waiting for clarification if that's counting rebates.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #131
There is a guy on the other form claiming 4% under invoice. IDK how that's possible. But I guess it is. Still waiting for clarification if that's counting rebates.
Isnt that what Koons advertises?

I can get affiliate pricing, which I think is 1% below invoice. That is supposed to be in conjunction with current incentives, which right now I think is 0% for 72 months plus $2500 or something like that.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
I got 4% below msrp plus $6500 plus $1000 through Craig at Koons. Ordered Mar 26 and picked up June 15.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’m sorry. 4% below invoice.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Isnt that what Koons advertises?

I can get affiliate pricing, which I think is 1% below invoice. That is supposed to be in conjunction with current incentives, which right now I think is 0% for 72 months plus $2500 or something like that.
I'd have to look. I am familiar with the 1% below but doesn't typically apply to SRT. I asked for clarification and they assured me 4%. I have heard Koons added some extra dealer fees. Not sure how true just what I've heard. Just be careful before traveling somewhere for one. What area north are you moving to?
https://www.hellcat.org/threads/hellcatjesus’-happy-customers.248821/page-2#post-4404177
I got 4% below msrp plus $6500 plus $1000 through Craig at Koons. Ordered Mar 26 and picked up June 15.
Wow that's insane. At that point used isn't worth it even in a normal market.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #135
On a 2021? No power dollars?

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #136
I'd have to look. I am familiar with the 1% below but doesn't typically apply to SRT. I asked for clarification and they assured me 4%. I have heard Koons added some extra dealer fees. Not sure how true just what I've heard. Just be careful before traveling somewhere for one. What area north are you moving to?
https://www.hellcat.org/threads/hellcatjesus’-happy-customers.248821/page-2#post-4404177

Wow that's insane. At that point used isn't worth it even in a normal market.
Moving to Utah. Don't mind traveling to pickup the car and drive it home if the deal is good.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
On a 2021? No power dollars?
I ordered. Power Dollars are for cars already on dealer lots, not ordered cars. I only stated my situation. It’s the second car I’ve bought from them and am totally satisfied.

OP
A

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #138
I ordered. Power Dollars are for cars already on dealer lots, not ordered cars. I only stated my situation. It’s the second car I’ve bought from them and am totally satisfied.
I'll definitely look into it. That probably was close to $10k off MSRP I'm sure. Thanks for the point out.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
$62,300 out the door. HCWB auto sinamon stick.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ever fly an F4? Along with the A1E’s they saved our bacon many times in Laos.