Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Cars being booted at ATCO

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
So why did some cars have to follow the rules and some didn't?
I still haven't seen an answer for that.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Oh, and if you break out of class by more than a hair's whisker, you're done, simple. And everybody knows that too, upfront.

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
All the rules and cage requirements is why I just bought a custom built pro-mod PT cruiser that will have a Hellcat motor in it for all the racing next year. The car has a cert to run 6.0.

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
I don't think it was a matter of "some did have to follow, some didn't"...but more a situation where someone at the track with authority saw something against the rules, and acted, but didn't see all the instances of a rule being broken.

Bucks666

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Grove City
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 hellcat / 2018 demon
I don't think it was a matter of "some did have to follow, some didn't"...but more a situation where someone at the track with authority saw something against the rules, and acted, but didn't see all the instances of a rule being broken.
Absolutely not true lol

If that was the case then explain why we ran with clocks off Friday running the same times Saturday ??

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'm pretty sure that is a matter of convenience and not SAFETY. It is very easy to observe and handle these things - ask the guys who were told to slow down or leave.
Every car was tech'd. Every car stopped at the booth for their slip. Someone handed them a slip and had access to all of the relevant information needed to make that decision.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
All the rules and cage requirements is why I just bought a custom built pro-mod PT cruiser that will have a Hellcat motor in it for all the racing next year. The car has a cert to run 6.0.

Ohhh that is sexyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

Bucks666

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Grove City
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
And just to throw this in the conversation .... when tech started and word was getting back to all racers of what was happening when I went up a few cars back from my wife’s car who only has an rpm roll bar was told if she goes faster then 10.0 she may get away with it compared to my demon that has nothing but a seat belt so try and stay around 9.7 or 9.8 . Not exactly consistent in my opinion when the tech guy says one thing and the jack off announcer says another . At the end of the day the rules are not the argument here ...... again .

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'm pretty sure that is a matter of convenience and not SAFETY. It is very easy to observe and handle these things - ask the guys who were told to slow down or leave.
Every car was tech'd. Every car stopped at the booth for their slip. Someone handed them a slip and had access to all of the relevant information needed to make that decision.

Very true, I was there on Saturday (late in the day), I didn't see anyone getting a pass. Some who got a warning on the track rental got the boot on Saturday for going Ricky Bobby.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle

Who is going to drive it? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Sincerely, I wish everyone luck in getting this resolved for future events, not only here, but at all tracks. This isn't the first time I've seen heard of something like this happen(ing).

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
All of this is why I went to the trouble to cage my car. My goals were to go too fast from day one and all of the tracks out west enforce the NHRA rulebook to the letter. Talking about towing long distance to race and be confronted with this nonsense!! You think this Atco event was bad.... the huge Mopar Spring Fest at Pomona last year was advertised as a MSHS event and racers towed in from all over the country. Epling was there with Barth ready to romp. The “track” decided that they were not going to have that at the last minute and in fact wouldn’t even prep the track. Fun runs only was the word for the day. Epling was told to keep it to half track because no prep was too dangerous and when he shut down at the 1/8 and coasted to something like a 8.5 they blew their tops and not only booted him from the premises, banned him from ever coming back just to show how big a dks they could be. The problem is we now have every day street cars running nines and wanting to take it to the track and the NHRA needs to once again get off it’s antiquated ass and do something about one of their primary stated missions to keep it off the street.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
All of this is why I went to the trouble to cage my car. My goals were to go too fast from day one and all of the tracks out west enforce the NHRA rulebook to the letter. Talking about towing long distance to race and be confronted with this nonsense!! You think this Atco event was bad.... the huge Mopar Spring Fest at Pomona last year was advertised as a MSHS event and racers towed in from all over the country. Epling was there with Barth ready to romp. The “track” decided that they were not going to have that at the last minute and in fact wouldn’t even prep the track. Fun runs only was the word for the day. Epling was told to keep it to half track because no prep was too dangerous and when he shut down at the 1/8 and coasted to something like a 8.5 they blew their tops and not only booted him from the premises, banned him from ever coming back just to show how big a dks they could be. The problem is we now have every day street cars running nines and wanting to take it to the track and the NHRA needs to once again get off it’s antiquated ass and do something about one of their primary stated missions to keep it off the street.
That is very True Mark

We were not racing in a. NHRA sanctioned race.
Lots of tracks have "certain" rules they will slide on but they can have more stricter rules than the NHRA has.
Just like Pomona.

@BULL The problem with ATCO was not about 1 person. I used 1 example.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

I see you cruising at the sonic in that man

OP
Hpindy

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #95
Mark
I know of at least one car that can drive across the country with all the creature comforts and run 9's on pump gas .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Mark
I know of at least one car that can drive across the country with all the creature comforts and run 9's on pump gas .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
Not without breaking the rules! :ROFLMAO:

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
So it would seem that while there were some number of cars that were just outside the rules, there was one? car or team that was at the heart of the matter.

Who was this?
The problem started before the MSHS event began last weekend

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Trapping 150+ without certain visible safety equipment after being warned by the track was the common denominator...

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Absolutely not true lol

If that was the case then explain why we ran with clocks off Friday running the same times Saturday ??
That was not by accident

Bucks666

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Grove City
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
That was not by accident
I’m well aware of why , just was making a point that’s all .