Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Challenger ACR?

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
RS, you can chime in any time now...

Dreadchild

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ludington
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Hellraisin Hellcat
Maybe RS needs a new name to post under, he could try SpeedResume and no one would know then he could post all the info

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Pure speculation on my part...

If they put it on that strict of a diet, more so than the Demon had, to get under 4000#, then that likely means all sound deadening will be striped out, and that's going to make for a very noisy car.

I get that a true ACR needs this kind of thing, but I love the dual nature of the car as it is... It can be a great GT car, and then you can unleash the Kraken.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Asheboro
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBHCRE
I said this was coming. I really want to see what this car is about. Also the exclusivity.. Wesley Motorsports.
it was a Dodge Charger commercial, on Pike Peak, but they kept sowing the Challenger. I already want one !!

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
RS, you can chime in any time now...
Guys from FCA in black suits wearing black sunglasses have RS in the basement of the FCA headquarters. I don't think we will be hearing from him again.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Remember, Tim K. has been quoted as saying they werent done yet after the Demon. Think it was directly related to a road course focused Hellcat of sorts. Two more model years left after 2020 so my thoughts are ACR for 2022. Would be a highly collectible one year only swan song.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Guys from FCA in black suits wearing black sunglasses have RS in the basement of the FCA headquarters. I don't think we will be hearing from him again.

Last time I spoke to him on the phone, he said he was being treated well.

No, really.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
I sure miss his games.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I like the idea of the 392 (maybe more affordable:ROFLMAO:) option. Interested to see the new aero

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Not sure what the point of a car like this would be. Kinda useless really. I've always maintained this car is too big to be a road course car and should stick to what it's good at, straight line power.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Take away 400-500 lbs, and it will be on par with the rest of the domestic competition, easy. With mods and drivers time, we keep up now.

Take away that much weight AND have the HC engine, I'll buy two rear wheels/tires and I'll raise and see you guys at the drag strip with my new multiple purpose machine.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I've got a Gen6 Camaro 2SS fully loaded it weighs 700 lbs less than my Challenger Hellcat IIRC. The Hellcat handles well for how big of a car it is, but the Camaro is a scalpel in comparison. Putting that ACR wing on a Challenger will look more ridiculous than it does on the Viper.

Not knocking anyone for wanting to have one car to do everything, but it won't be real good at any of them. Better to use the right weapon for the job at hand IMO.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
They work pretty good @Speedy!. I will admit, better on some courses than others. The stock suspension has some flaws, it is soft and does favor going straight, but after the upgrades and with the proper rubber, I invite you up anytime to drive mine and then tell me the same thing about that Camaro. It's going to get too hot down there soon, trailer that thing up to some cool air (dew points within 48 hours in the mid-30's!!) and enjoy yourself. You can give this modified RE a few laps with some good pointers up there when your done drag racing. Give me my car as equipped right now and 400-500 lb less weight and it could be pretty strong. Look at what Wesley is able to do with his lighter unit. Sounds like they will also do some good stuff to the shocks and springs, which should not cost THEM that much. Looks? Who knows what kind of a wing will be put on. I agree could look like shit. The thought of more downforce at BIR in a couple of those big turns makes the eyes water, because I know what we do now without!

Now, how is it going to do against the couple of upgrades the C8 is going to get? They need to be careful, guys like me have a RE and it cost damn near blood, it is a sweet car, so it is staying in the garage. If I want another car it will be a good bang for some real money and a no shit track car. The ACR may have the Mustang and Camaro and the rest of them close, but no way can they do what I think the new ZR or Z06 will be capable of. Also by now, some used Vipers are going to be appearing I believe. So while this ACR may appear, I am not sure of its market. We shall see what they cost.

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
A C8 might replace my Camaro. I need to test drive one and see if I like it. Historically I've not been a Corvette fan, but I'm liking the looks of that new one and the mid engine deal. Just hope it doesn't make it impossible to work on.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
My thoughts also @Speedy! you have a great point about working on them. June will tell me a lot about this RE. First it needs to survive a day at the track without failure! If this car can do pretty well up here on the high speed tracks (two days at RA and two at BIR) with its mods and big slippers it may be just enough. Another route I can go instead of coughing out all that cash is to just rent a Spec Racer and let the adrenaline flow and SCCA race for real, enjoy the hot rod on the street and abuse it occasionally at cool HPDE events.

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
Unless it’s fake news Marc Miller is the current TA2 champ running a Challenger, not a Mustang and not a Camaro. I’ve only run a Challenger on a road course, albeit small, at Bondurant, but it seemed capable. I believe @DGatzby

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
If they build an ACR Cuda or Challenger I will buy one. Why? Because I want to. You can not take it with you.

Dreadchild

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ludington
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Hellraisin Hellcat
If they build an ACR Cuda or Challenger I will buy one. Why? Because I want to. You can not take it with you.
I feel like a cuda wont come until a refresh with more electronic assist and a smaller motor to meet emissions, I don't want it to be true but I have a bad feeling that would be when we see one

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I would if I had the funds. Somebody on here needs to.. and they should go on and change their user name to “THE SHIT” cause they would be with that damn thing