Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Chevron techron fuel additive

Member ID
Reactions
City
MARGATE
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 charger Hellcat
I just started using this additive and would like to add it once a month ,seems to make it idle nice a smooth. Does anyone else use this product?
I am just trying to get some feed back on it :)

Member ID
Reactions
City
Burnsville
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I have used it occasionally myself. I do fill up my tank and use only top tier gasoline and therefore personally I have never noticed any difference with or without it.
Once a month seems a bit much but I`m sure it doesn`t hurt anything other than the purchase price either. IIRC the directions say once every 6 months or so?

OP
Tonyacat
Member ID
Reactions
City
MARGATE
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
I have used it occasionally myself. I do fill up my tank and use only top tier gasoline and therefore personally I have never noticed any difference with or without it.
Once a month seems a bit much but I`m sure it doesn`t hurt anything other than the purchase price either. IIRC the directions say once every 6 months or so?
I forgot what the bottle said ,but maybe every 6 months is reasonable. I just got this car 3 weeks ago, so I figure I would put it in.

MXS67454

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge
I've used this product for years. it one of the few additives that actually works. I just now got off the phone with my regular shop who is cleaning the injectors on my 18 Charger R/T that has an Edelbrock 2650 S/C on it. last fall the car developed a miss on #4. after moving plugs and coil packs I figured it was a bad injector. I first tried the Techron fuel injector cleaner in 1 tank of gas. the car went from setting a CEL on every start to only setting CEL occasionally. the miss I could feel was reduced over 50% . I was worried about a lean condition on #4 so I had the injectors flowed and cleaned and #4 injector did not flow as much as the others but after cleaning it has returned to normal.. I only buy Top Tier 93 oct from the same station and have never had an issue.. I will be using Techron as part of regular maintenance now.

OP
Tonyacat
Member ID
Reactions
City
MARGATE
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
I've used this product for years. it one of the few additives that actually works. I just now got off the phone with my regular shop who is cleaning the injectors on my 18 Charger R/T that has an Edelbrock 2650 S/C on it. last fall the car developed a miss on #4. after moving plugs and coil packs I figured it was a bad injector. I first tried the Techron fuel injector cleaner in 1 tank of gas. the car went from setting a CEL on every start to only setting CEL occasionally. the miss I could feel was reduced over 50% . I was worried about a lean condition on #4 so I had the injectors flowed and cleaned and #4 injector did not flow as much as the others but after cleaning it has returned to normal.. I only buy Top Tier 93 oct from the same station and have never had an issue.. I will be using Techron as part of regular maintenance now.
Nice to see a positive reply to the additive ,I will be using this brand of additive as a preventive maintenance!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I have always use nothing but quality gasoline it never had it any problems or needed any additives I to try to be careful to buy at places that I know all their own fuel I think if you are at a location where whatever truck happens to come down the road with the cheapest price please what goes in the tanks in the ground you're taking a risk

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Techron’s active ingredient is PEA or polyetheramine. It works well and Top Tier gasolines contain enough of it to keep things clean. (That’s what makes them qualify to be top tier) If you stick with top tier, additives shouldn’t be necessary but good ones like Techron won’t hurt either.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
They've been making Techron for a long time. A can of SeaFoam works wonders. I've seen the industrial size with a fuel rail hose and fitting being used in a few service departments,(Dodge and BMW) to clean injectors.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Prange, you Romanian?

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Prange, you Romanian?
Nope. I've changed it a few times. I think it's the VPN.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Back to the proper flag.(y)

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Techron is good but BG $$K is better.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
lol, you're just romanian at heart man

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
By the grace of God, I was born and raised in the USA.

I've heard what it was like to live under Communist rule. It's simply horrifying. I got it first-hand from some Eastern Europeans and Cubans that I know.

PS: I've given up on the Forum flag.:)

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States

I've heard what it was like to live under Communist rule. It's simply horrifying. I got it first-hand from some Eastern Europeans and Cubans that I know.

It seems to be broken. Mine is wrong 98% of the time.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Mine is always correct. Knows better than to F with me.

napalm drop.gif

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker

I attended private school for two of my high school years. The woman who ran the school taught the AVC class (Americanism vs Communism). She lived in the Soviet Union for several years in an education capacity. Conditioning began by convincing the children that Communism is truth, and that Christianity is a lie.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
I attended private school for two of my high school years. The woman who ran the school taught the AVC class (Americanism vs Communism). She lived in the Soviet Union for several years in an education capacity. Conditioning began by convincing the children that Communism is truth, and that Christianity is a lie.
And that's what's happening here, now that the 1960's Communists are in charge of the education systems in the USA.

https://graylinedc.com/blog/birth-united-states-department-education/

68coronet

Member ID
Reactions
City
Jacksonville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Challenger R/T Shaker