Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Darrel Cox lithium battery issues

OP
Ricky Racer

Ricky Racer

U.S. Army Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018, dodge demon
Thread Starter #21
Battery update; after a full weekend of racing, once at Portland international raceway (1/8 mile) and then Woodburn drag strip (1/4 mile) the 8 pound Darrel Cox lithium battery held up. I did not have to charge the battery at the track as I did not use the after race cool down feature on the car. After each run you just pop the hood and let the motor cool down that way. The real story is how much the car picked up! It ran a tenth and a half faster at the eight mile and two tenths faster in the quarter mile. Now granted we did have fairly good air at Woodburn yesterday but at Portland international raceway last Wednesday the air was horrible ( 90 degrees, 2763 DA). The car charged the battery sufficiently between runs as long as you don’t use the after race cool down. Battery voltage stayed at 14.1. I like this battery so far, we will see how well it holds up over time.

Attachments

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I have one of the Cox batts in the blue car and the Arc Angle in the white one. Both kick ass as far as starting the car goes. A couple of “tools” I take to the track….. my 2000kw generator. It’s less than 40 lbs and is so quiet you’ll forget it’s running. I keep a small LifePO4 charger next to the battery in the car and plug it in to freshen up the battery if I want to. These lithium batters charge super fast. Last but not least…. A fan (Jegs) that is designed for cooling down a motor fast. AD3FAF2F-95F9-46CB-AD40-0B89E9B74D08.jpeg 595E1380-958F-4689-92B1-F7482D954BB4.jpeg

OP
Ricky Racer

Ricky Racer

U.S. Army Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018, dodge demon
Thread Starter #23
I have one of the Cox batts in the blue car and the Arc Angle in the white one. Both kick ass as far as starting the car goes. A couple of “tools” I take to the track….. my 2000kw generator. It’s less than 40 lbs and is so quiet you’ll forget it’s running. I keep a small LifePO4 charger next to the battery in the car and plug it in to freshen up the battery if I want to. These lithium batters charge super fast. Last but not least…. A fan (Jegs) that is designed for cooling down a motor fast. View attachment 80294 View attachment 80295
I got to get me one of those!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Battery update; after a full weekend of racing, once at Portland international raceway (1/8 mile) and then Woodburn drag strip (1/4 mile) the 8 pound Darrel Cox lithium battery held up. I did not have to charge the battery at the track as I did not use the after race cool down feature on the car. After each run you just pop the hood and let the motor cool down that way. The real story is how much the car picked up! It ran a tenth and a half faster at the eight mile and two tenths faster in the quarter mile. Now granted we did have fairly good air at Woodburn yesterday but at Portland international raceway last Wednesday the air was horrible ( 90 degrees, 2763 DA). The car charged the battery sufficiently between runs as long as you don’t use the after race cool down. Battery voltage stayed at 14.1. I like this battery so far, we will see how well it holds up over time.
Buy this battery, drop a tenth! ;)

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I never use the race cool down.
It just eats battery.
I leave the hood closed all day long.
To keep the heat in.
Bracket racer.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I never use the race cool down.
It just eats battery.
I leave the hood closed all day long.
To keep the heat in.
Bracket racer.
i never leave my hood closed. Even if I were to bracket race I wouldn't because it would heat sock everything and slow down

OP
Ricky Racer

Ricky Racer

U.S. Army Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018, dodge demon
Thread Starter #27
I have one of the Cox batts in the blue car and the Arc Angle in the white one. Both kick ass as far as starting the car goes. A couple of “tools” I take to the track….. my 2000kw generator. It’s less than 40 lbs and is so quiet you’ll forget it’s running. I keep a small LifePO4 charger next to the battery in the car and plug it in to freshen up the battery if I want to. These lithium batters charge super fast. Last but not least…. A fan (Jegs) that is designed for cooling down a motor fast. View attachment 80294 View attachment 80295
Can’t seem to find that fan on the jegs website anywhere, what’s it called exactly or a part number. Thanks

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Can’t seem to find that fan on the jegs website anywhere, what’s it called exactly or a part number. Thanks
@zhc had 2 of them but I'm not finding them either

20220819_121051.jpg

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
. I checked and they don’t have them anymore. I found this on Amazon. It is similar in design in that it draws from the top and can be placed where you want it. 2F94CCCA-D4A6-4926-A6E8-03AF29DBD1F3.jpeg

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
From jegs, just not rebranded, Blower Fan from Jegs

If you do some searching, you might find them on sale somewhere.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Yep that’s it. They kick ass for putting air where you need it. I even set it on the ice chest and use it to blow air in the sitting area next to the trailer. 👍🏼

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Ok. A little info on this. It’s labeled as Mr Gasket. They are owned by Holley. This item at Holley says discontinued/not available. That’s what I also found on Speedway. I do not used Jegs for parts anymore. They list stuff as available when it is not. They charge your card and then notify you later that it is months away or not available and then you can jump the hoops to get a refund. Summit doesn’t do that and I use them for most of my stuff now. It is possible that one if these may be in stock somewhere but I would suggest calling and confirming that before a on-line purchase.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
750 CFM 1/5 HP Floor Blower (harborfreight.com)
I have one very similar to this. I bought mine from Lowes but I can't find it on their website. At 750 cfm this thing will move a decent amount of air. Price is pretty good too.