Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Darrel Cox lockouts install

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
I have the BMR lockouts and only complaint is I cannot use the TBA tow hooks in rear due to the lip on the disc.

Found these to be very interesting but am not changing.
https://r2motorsports.com/product-hover-style-2/?type=list&number=24&orderby=date&number=10

I used the TBA front tow points without issue on the K member
https://www.beefcakeracing.com/tba-machine-bolt-on-tow-hook-demon-hellcat-hc-tow-hook/
I was looking at the TBA tow hooks. Thinking they will not work on the rear now either. If the hole was just big enough for the bolt they would fit on the bottom.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Interesting they don't use a top plate on the front with these. Makes the install way easier I reckon.

I'm curious what you think of them and especially if they help with 60' at all. I emailed OST and they suggested cradle lockouts to start and if I still have trouble go to the 315/50R17 ET Street R tires.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
315's help a lot with consistency when the boost goes up & marginal prep.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #24
Interesting they don't use a top plate on the front with these. Makes the install way easier I reckon.

I'm curious what you think of them and especially if they help with 60' at all. I emailed OST and they suggested cradle lockouts to start and if I still have trouble go to the 315/50R17 ET Street R tires.
It is hard to tell if they helped being the car got a boost in power at the same time. I made 6 passes (attempts) and only hooked 2 times. My thought is 315's. I do still have the AAD arms to install

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm too cheap to just swap tires when the 305s still have some life in them yet but I'm always looking for a reason to turn wrenches on the car, so cradle lockout it'll be :sneaky:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I'm too cheap to just swap tires when the 305s still have some life in them yet but I'm always looking for a reason to turn wrenches on the car, so cradle lockout it'll be :sneaky:
If 305's are still decent, you could sell them to help get 315's

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Maybe, but I'm not sure how decent is decent. I may ask around at ChallengerFest and see though. Maybe let someone who is considering them borrow them for a pass or two.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Maybe, but I'm not sure how decent is decent. I may ask around at ChallengerFest and see though. Maybe let someone who is considering them borrow them for a pass or two.
I would say decent would be close to 1/2 left or a little less, sell for 1/2 price.
They would sell quick.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #29
I would say decent would be close to 1/2 left or a little less, sell for 1/2 price.
They would sell quick.
I'm into the wear bars on mine, they were bought in 2020 so was thinking they need to be replaced soon. I'm so used to my car hooking and it was a weird experience having issues yesterday. The prep for FAST is always good and we were not fighting a cold track.

@Mean Cat what did you do to fit the 315s? I may have more room in my TAXI but sure I will still have to do something. I'm running the 17x10 30mm offset forgestar F14 wheels

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
@vortecd welcome to the struggle :LOL:

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock

It'll be interesting to see the video of you pounding on your wheel wells. 😊

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #32
@vortecd welcome to the struggle :LOL:
yep this sucks. My plan is to go to 315s, not going to play this game. Racer X had the 305 hooking so maybe it is track prep. It was warm the last 2 days but maybe too warm where the track was getting greasy. I have the AAD arms so those will be going on also

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
It's been prep for me but yeah I dont wanna mess around either. Too much work to go to the track and spin.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I'm into the wear bars on mine, they were bought in 2020 so was thinking they need to be replaced soon. I'm so used to my car hooking and it was a weird experience having issues yesterday. The prep for FAST is always good and we were not fighting a cold track.

@Mean Cat what did you do to fit the 315s? I may have more room in my TAXI but sure I will still have to do something. I'm running the 17x10 30mm offset forgestar F14 wheels
As you know, you have to beat in the cigar shaped bump on the fender well & at the bottom of fender well at the same radius of the bump. I cut away the fender liner too where it was beat in at, then I used flat black paint to paint the places that was beat on & where the liner was cut away so it blends in to the rest of liner.

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Also with the suspension ganging, it's at its closest point to the tire, when car is on the ground the tire is furthest away from fender, so if you get it beat in to where it just barely touches with car up & suspension ganging then it'll be good when you drop car on the ground.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #36
won't be the first time I had to do something like this:cool:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
It's not that hard to do, I used a 3lb. mini sledgehammer.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Pretty much everything in the vicinity of the rib got pounded flat and undercoated. Didn't have to do anything along the pinch weld itself but the fender liner needed a lot of heat work in that vicinity. It all clears nice now.

Taxi cabs have a bit more room to work with as well.

This was about on par with the V coupe for difficulty. Had to notch the control arm lips on that one but had a 345/35/18 under that :oops:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I can't decide between these or the BMRs. I tried to see if I could find any info on these vs BMR and I think you guys are literally the only people that are using them.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #40
I can't decide between these or the BMRs. I tried to see if I could find any info on these vs BMR and I think you guys are literally the only people that are using them.
All of his cars and the guy that races with him have them. But as far as around here, yes. There are some slight differences so it comes down to if you think one will perform better then other. There will be more meatel to metaal contact with the BMRs. Looking at pictures I would think the BMRs would be stiffer but these may control it as well. I do know he is waiting for some to be made. I do not know when he will have them. Guess it worked out for me since I was just able to get Jons off of his car before he sold it

The only difference with install would be cutting off the rubber for the front with the BMRs. If you saw my comment on the BMR instructions, they want you to do a lot stuff that you should not need to do. Doing one at a time, the cradle should drop enough to get the top piece in

I do think stiffen up this area should happen but don't know how much more traction it would give you but will make everything stiffer.

I already bought some 315's. Taking timing out on the hit or getting into it slowly isn't what I want to do. Next trip to the track I will have tires and arms on