Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dealer ADMs on the Demon170

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I posted that I was out on my channel. Dealer claiming their 2 Demon 170's were purchased before me, 1 to a previous customer and allegedly someone purchased the other in Vegas at the event. I asked them to provide proof. I messaged them Monday night and put a deposit down 12 hours later.

I was told I was first on the list hours after the dealership opened and it was the same story for days until magically the cars were gone. It smells like 1 car was given to a friend and the other going to auction to me.
Shit is happening all over. Son in law put a deposit on an Escalade yesterday to be delivered today.

They called and said that it was sold.

Put a deposit on a different one to pick-up tonight at 430. They called and told him that one was now sold.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Bear in mind not a single unit has actually been sold ,as none have been produced yet.
I also find it hard to believe 3000 ,or however many will be produced , prospective purchasers will pay too much over the published asking $

OP
Demon1

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #323
So far we have 1 member with a 170 ride ?
I’m not counting chickens yet since the system crashed.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
So far we have 1 member with a 170 ride ?
Until they take ownership we really have none

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
What is stopping any dealership from raising the price when your car comes in? You agreed on a price but the dealer sees they have under sold it and changes the deal. I feel no deal is safe:mad:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Plenty of people have ordered a car and backed out when it came in so nothing saying the dealer won't do the same. Especially if after an order is placed and someone walks in and says I will give you more money when it comes in

OP
Demon1

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #327
Plenty of people have ordered a car and backed out when it came in so nothing saying the dealer won't do the same. Especially if after an order is placed and someone walks in and says I will give you more money when it comes in
In most cases, the dealer is holding a “non-refundable deposit”. I’m not an expert on contract law, but in real estate that typically allows a buyer to sue for specific performance if a seller backs out. If a buyer backs out, the seller keeps the deposit as damages.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
In most cases, the dealer is holding a “non-refundable deposit”. I’m not an expert on contract law, but in real estate that typically allows a buyer to sue for specific performance if a seller backs out. If a buyer backs out, the seller keeps the deposit as damages.
Nonrefundable deposit means that you don't get it back no matter what.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Can’t imagine anyone agreeing to that.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Can’t imagine anyone agreeing to that.
Happens all the time in real estate. Especially on a hot property with many bidders.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Happens all the time in real estate. Especially on a hot property with many bidders.
At auction I think that’s true over here, but illegal on open market bidding sales.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
At auction I think that’s true over here, but illegal on open market bidding sales.
Not here.

Ronin

500 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Muspelheim
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'22 Challenger Hellcat
“Non refundable” is what my dealer called my deposit when I ordered my ‘22 Hellcat from them. NOTHING I signed said as much and when they outright refused to refund and state under what conditions they would refund it I called my bank and literally had the refund showing in my account before I got off the phone. All I did was have to show them everything I signed and documented my conservations of the dealer refusing to commit to the price via screenshots of the salesman’s texts telling me “don’t worry about, we’ll figure that out when the car gets here”…

I checked the other day and that car’s still sitting there, after someone bought and returned it in a matter of weeks for whatever reason and they’re selling it for sticker price (w/1K miles) after a $12K markup and subsequent “discount”…

https://www.chapmandcjryumaaz.com/a...?make=Dodge&model=Challenger&trim=SRT Hellcat

^a low optioned (cloth seats) USED Hellcat is now somehow worth just short of $92K?! Get the fuck outta here...

Dodge created this mess and have done nothing to dissuade the dealers from pulling the nonsense they almost all are, right now…

Last edited:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
This whole 'last call' and final year thing has been a shit-show. Hope they enjoy the $$ they scam from those that choose to participate. I will be looking forward to seeing them suck ass when the POS warmed over Alpha's and fartzonic EV Chargers hit the showrooms & pile up on lots. Sucks they chose (AND make no mistake they did CHOOSE this !!) to end the era this way. I'm pissed-off, disappointed & disgusted and highly doubt I'll ever buy a new anything from these guys.

OP
Demon1

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Thread Starter #335
It means you don’t get it back but if the seller backs out you can sue and force them to sell. I’ve done a lot of real estate in my lifetime.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It means you don’t get it back but if the seller backs out you can sue and force them to sell. I’ve done a lot of real estate in my lifetime.
That's a different situation. You will get your money back in Florida.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Bear in mind not a single unit has actually been sold ,as none have been produced yet.
I also find it hard to believe 3000 ,or however many will be produced , prospective purchasers will pay too much over the published asking $
There have been no more than 50 Demons listed for sale for the past 2 years.
Seeing ones under 100 miles pop up at auctions driving the price through the roof after a shit load of cash was dumped on the American people.

Well, people are paying attention. And since those cars were commanding 200k (remember only about 50 options available at one time) dealers now think their car is worth 200k+
But now there are 3,000 options. Well, 2806 to be exact. I think the other 194 units are reserved for important execs and celebrities.
I think we have a dealer lottery going on right now, which dealers can lure in the suckers and who will be left holding the Demon?

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
What is stopping any dealership from raising the price when your car comes in? You agreed on a price but the dealer sees they have under sold it and changes the deal. I feel no deal is safe:mad:
Don't you have to sign something when you order?
I know I have but I'm in Illinois.

Basically, its a contract with the GM, salesman, and mine signature with date and price clearly on it. Any bullshit from the dealer to raise the price and I can drag their ass to court for damages.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Not sure we can compare a house that is built compared to a car that is being ordered. These two scenarios sound way different to me

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Don't you have to sign something when you order?
I know I have but I'm in Illinois.

Basically, its a contract with the GM, salesman, and mine signature with date and price clearly on it. Any bullshit from the dealer to raise the price and I can drag their ass to court for damages.
My thought on this whole thing is I dont trust anything that is happening

Last edited: