Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Decided on a replacement for Go Man Go

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Maybe so but there are people that do it slow and have issues and others that go straight to the track and don't. Comes down to what you think is right for you

"Trust the Science!"

:unsure:

:oops:

:rolleyes:

;)

2ndgen

Member ID
Reactions
City
Orem
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Maybe so but there are people that do it slow and have issues and others that go straight to the track and don't. Comes down to what you think is right for you
Pretty sure that just comes down to rolling the dice. Bathtub curve for failure rates and all.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Since the dealership can download every driving action from the car, I say @Speedy! is playing it smart for his warranty.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #224
It appears they overfilled the oil by at least a quart. Maybe worried about early consumption? I hope all those people hitting the track already checked and adjusted accordingly.

On a new engine I've always been taught, and the manual also suggests, not to sit at the same RPM for too long, no excessive idling, etc. Vary the throttle and RPMs and take it easy the first 100 miles. 100-300 miles a little more throttle and more RPM but nothing near redline. 300-500 full RPM range but no sustained WOT.

The manual says no track time until 1500 miles, but that seems excessive and with the goodies turning on at 500.....

Manuals for my 2016 Hellcat were 8 inches thick when stacked together. The Demon's are probably 2 inches total. Kinda odd. Maybe they figure no one reads them anyway except nuts like us.

Last edited:

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
It appears they overfilled the oil by at least a quart. Maybe worried about early consumption? I hope all those people hitting the track already checked and adjusted accordingly.

On a new engine I've always been taught, and the manual also suggests, not to sit at the same RPM for too long, no excessive idling, etc. Vary the throttle and RPMs and take it easy the first 100 miles. 100-300 miles a little more throttle and more RPM but nothing near redline. 300-500 full RPM range but no sustained WOT.

The manual says no track time until 1500 miles, but that seems excessive and with the goodies turning on at 500.....

Manuals for my 2016 Hellcat were 8 inches thick when stacked together. The Demon's are probably 2 inches total. Kinda odd. Maybe they figure no one reads them anyway except nuts like us.
Seems like most consumers items that used to have manuals just give you a quick start guide and a link to see or download a full manual online.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Seems like most consumers items that used to have manuals just give you a quick start guide and a link to see or download a full manual online.
Lots of advantages on an on-line manual including the ability to key word search it !

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye

Demon Dan

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Pedro
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon

My oil was overfilled as well. I know of another that was overfilled also. I guess that's how they're sent.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
A lot of tech manuals I get for equipment will have 3 pages or more of “visit our online web site for further information” Printed in multiple languages. And the proceed to inform you that they are a green company and trying to save paper.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
My redeye used 2-3 quarts over the first 5000 miles I remember, now with 38k miles it hardly uses any oil between changes. I add maybe 1/2 quart in my 4+ month ~2500-3000 mile oil change intervals. Onboard computer usually says about 40% oil life remaining at that time.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Good on you Eric. We have the Same exact car including year and color, now I feel like I doing something wrong with only17K on the clock.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I don’t blame him for following the exact brake in procedures.
if things break it could get expensive if warranty is denied. Once break in period is satisfied drive it like you stole it. My guess they corrected a lot, especially the diff. They don’t want a repeat ot the 18 Demon diff grenading. Even though it’s bumped from 840 to 1025 I bet there is a lot of meat on the bone to ovoid it this time.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
It appears they overfilled the oil by at least a quart.
Brings back the memories of "dipstick-gate" and what is the actual hemi oil capacity from a few years back at the old place... :D

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Over filling oil in engines without proper windage management ie windage tray/pan - baffles etc, could grab the oil with crank and start introducing small air bubbles. In the old days folks thought more was better. Given the force on crank and rod bearings with these motors it could go south real quick if fresh cool oil in the needed quantity isnt satisfied.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #235
Operation "Fort Knox" has been implemented as of today. I've done about all I can do to protect from theft at this point.

I'm right at 100 miles now. I'm very surprised how well this car drives on the street. I fooled with drive modes today comparing Street, Sport, and Drag. Street is nice and actually sporty in my opinion. Sport is probably 20% firmer in terms of suspension and steering response. Drag feel firm in the rear and soft in the front and steering is pretty tight comparatively. I was worried it would just wallow all over the place but Jim and team did a great job on the setup IMO for folks like me that wanna drive them.

I tried out the chiller which Go Man Go did not have. Took the I/C coolant temp from 77 deg down to 39° and dropped IATs from mid 120s to right around 100° F. Impressive.

PPF guy is coming next week. What's everyone say about matte PPF on the flat black hood paint? I asked about it peeling the paint during PPF replacement down the road and he said he's not heard of that and will research. Ironically I was pulling up to the tint place and a guy walks up and happened to be the same guy that did the PPF of Go Man Go. How crazy is that 7 years later.

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
I have matte PPF on my OEM black hood and have been happy with it.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #237
20240201_170400.jpg
20240201_171313.jpg 20240201_171340.jpg
20240201_171350.jpg

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It would be nice if there was a way to unlock some of those specific drag options for some of the earlier cars. I wouldn't think anything older than 18 would work and then you would probably still need a new body module.

Looks like they did a good job in software trying to make this thing run as good as it could

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
2400 for max launch rpm, 1500 for min

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #240
Those are for the transbrake. I think it has to do with torque reserve which goes active at 1300 rpm.

I had a,b,c tunes for the Hellcat. This one has that built in on the fly. Wonder if they copied me :LOL: