Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Decided on a replacement for Go Man Go

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Great news. Always love it when good things happen to good people. Can't wait for your content now on @Speedy! Garage...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Thanks @TNREDEYE I'll go look at some pics of your car.

I've run the 555RII DRs for 5 years so I'm very familiar with that tire. I don't intentionally drive in the rain, but have gotten caught a time or two driving home from an event and they did fine for me.
I switched all four corners to the Nitto G2's from the Nitto DR05's because they are like driving a jet ski on the highway when it gets a little wet out. Been very happy with them on the Super Stock.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Congrats Speedy

Lesson here for you
Don t workout any more
Stay home & be fat & lazy like me

Crazy how things worked out sometimes

Winner
[cheers]

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Congratulations @Speedy! if anyone deserves a Demon 170 it you especially after all the BS you went through with your old cat! Hope to see you out there.

Slows2k

Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger
Awesome to see

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Happy for you @Speedy! - car is beautiful! :)

bennydodge

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hudson, Colorado
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I guess that Tim K guy isn't such a dick after all...Congratulations on acquiring Thor's Hammer, I am sure you'll enjoy it to the fullest. As far as wheels go, I think you should run the stock setup. I would run the car as delivered for a while.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Do the brass monkey(ish) wheels! It will look bad ass, and a great tribute to the glory of Go-Man-Go!.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
@Speedy! Dude I couldnt be more happy for you Great to see Tim and Dodge step up and do you a solid favor like that. You have done more for the brand and us car guys than the Chief DM ever could and this is absolutely well deserved. Damn I'm almost as happy for you as if I got one myself.

I like the BM wheels you posted for your street setup and def second the Conti DW02 tires that Mike posted a pic of. I got a set at the same time he did and they work even better on us sub 1K HP owners. :) Looking forward to all the new videos and learning some more. congratulations again

Member ID
Reactions
City
Brownstown
State
IN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Hell yeah that's great! GoManGo2

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #91
Thanks again everyone. I still can't believe it to be honest.

I'll check out those Continental tires. I see they're available in a 315/35R20 as well.

I'll get some info on the ethanol sensor today and post up pics.

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
I've been trying to find something that grips and is good in the rain for next time. I saved a picture.
I installed the Nitto NT555 G2's all the way around on the SS a few weeks after I got the car. Much better daily tire than the DR it comes with. Hooks well from a roll too.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I installed the Nitto NT555 G2's all the way around on the SS a few weeks after I got the car. Much better daily tire than the DR it comes with. Hooks well from a roll too.
It's going to be a tough decision when the day comes. I wish I could run 345s like @DGatzby does on his widebody.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Thanks again everyone. I still can't believe it to be honest.

I'll check out those Continental tires. I see they're available in a 315/35R20 as well.

I'll get some info on the ethanol sensor today and post up pics.
The Conti DW02 tires were much harder than I expected and did not get very good traction…and that was with my 5.7

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
FREAKING AWESOME!!
OUTF*@KING STANDING!

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Was at the dealer the other day and this gem was in the showroom. It's a 1970 Toyota FJ40 with a LT1 Corvette V8 swap with a 4speed manual! I couldn't resist!
View attachment 128404 View attachment 128405

No, I'm kidding but I did really like the FJ. Some of you remember back when I posted about Go Man Go getting stolen, @Hatermkr asked if I wanted him to ping Tim K. to see if he could help me locate something. I said sure but figured he'd just say go check the HP locator. Well, like 10 minutes later I get Tim's email, he asked for my phone number, and 15 minutes later he called me. I about fell over. He remembered me from CDM I think, asked about what happened to the car and we just chatted for a few. At the end of the call, he asks who my favorite local dealer was and asked if I'd be interested in a Demon 170 if he could find an allocation. Well.....it showed up yesterday, so THANK YOU Jim.

I'm still in the "did this actually happen" stage. I've only told a few people as I didn't wanna jinx myself and thanks to those that kept it a secret.

I was honestly worried I wouldn't like the flares in the back, or how it drove. For what these cost I HAD to love it.

When it got delivered my tech buddy at the dealer texted me a pic of it coming off the trailer as he was getting it for PDI. I jumped in the 4Runner and went to see. When I saw it in the shop I got cold chills and about fell over. Pictures don't do them justice honestly. Driving home, Auto feels more like Sport that I remember in the Hellcat. Very good on the road and I swear it feels more refined than the Hellcat did. Maybe 7 year newer materials, etc. It's quieter just cruising for example, but when you let off the throttle is crackles and pops A LOT which made me laugh.

Had 8 miles on it when I picked it up, and shockingly clean. I told the dealer not to wash it I'd handle that myself. Detailed the interior last night and hope the weather cooperates so I can wash it tomorrow. Went through and carefully removed any labels and bar codes, cataloged them, and put them on a piece of paper I'll get laminated. Oddly, window sticker was NOT in the car so dealer ordered me a replacement.

I plan to drive it A LOT and hit hit the track opening weekend in March. Now to find a street tire/wheel setup. I'm thinking of the Discount Tire Hellcat Widebody 2 that come in 20x9 and 20x11.

@Speedy! damn boy

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
It's going to be a tough decision when the day comes. I wish I could run 345s like @DGatzby does on his widebody.
How big of tires can you guys get back there? I’ll let you guys know what the big new PS4S can do when it warms up in these parts In a month or two. I could not try them last year after I got them. Everybody likes those Continental tires so I have been keeping quiet.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
How big of tires can you guys get back there? I’ll let you guys know what the big new PS4S can do when it warms up in these parts In a month or two. I could not try them last year after I got them. Everybody likes those Continental tires so I have been keeping quiet.
Aren't you running some big dogs out back?

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Wow, that's awesome. Congrats!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Aren't you running some big dogs out back?
Yep, you are right. You can get a 345/30 in the back. I do have a fresh set to try. When I can get it out, I’ll see if I can get it to hook up on some concrete and report back. I have not been trying many launchings the last couple of years. May need to play.:giggle: The Michelins look about the same as those Continentals. Similar performance on the streets, problem is whos’ street? Huh?