Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Decided on a replacement for Go Man Go

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have been wrestling with this for a while. As MikeD1 noted, they collect a lot of data and I don't trust them one iota with what they are or could do with it, but my wife drives our newer stuff and I do like the radio for road trips, etc., so I have kept them active. I totally divorced my Challenger from UConnect with a full data wipe last year after they royally pi$$ed me off. One day I'm going to do the full defeat on the comm capabilities on the car.
@Diboblo can help you with that

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
@Diboblo can help you with that
Totally.

Satcomm blocker and cellcomm blocker.

100% reversible.

100% data safe.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #343
Couple things I'm trying to sort out.

Does the Demon 170 not have the backup alerts when you get close to something? Backup camera and guidelines are present but it's not chiming if I get close to the door or whatever. @Demon Dan any idea?

Also, how do you disable the darn seat belt warning chime on a 2023? I tried the 3 clicks of the seat belt trick and so far haven't gotten it to work.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile

Does the Demon 170 not have the backup alerts when you get close to something? Backup camera and guidelines are present but it's not chiming if I get close to the door or whatever. @Demon Dan any idea?

Also, how do you disable the darn seat belt warning chime on a 2023? I tried the 3 clicks of the seat belt trick and so far haven't gotten it to work.
You know your going to get a "plug it in" reply

My memory
get in car
close door
buckle belt
Ignition to "run" ( don t start car )
Now do the buckle 3 times ( maybe 4 ) fairly fast
ignition to off
Unbuckle

Fire up the car & go

If it don t work blame Racer X

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon

Back up alerts on a race car?
No

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

My thought is some of that stuff is an option like the lights in the side mirrors. Maybe you don't have the package that has it?

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I’m surprised it has so many rear view mirrors

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
If nothing else, get a dongle and run alfa obd...pretty sure you can turn off chimes in there.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Sensors on the rear bumper present???

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
So you gauge how bad you beat other cars:unsure:
If I’m that far ahead
I whomp the pedal
Till they are in my window
I want to win by a little .02
The race is so close it looks like
My opponent has the win from my perspective
My win light comes on
I move on
I drive the stripe
80AE4DB7-8871-40F0-8CAC-AD2C65F07A43.png

Last edited:
OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #352
Back up alerts on a race car?
No
People calling it a race car crack me up :LOL: It's just a super street car. I mean a race car doesn't need a stitched dash or suede a pillars or headliner, or myriad of other goodies mine came with either right?

My window sticker says it has the Park View backup camera and Park Sense backup system. There is no "park sense" or whatever button on the console though. It's def got the backup camera. More reading to do I guess.

@BULL, I don't see any sensors in the bumper, but don't remember them in the Hellcat bumper either?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
My Charger has sensors that I can easily see.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Normally all the safety sound stuff is on but did you go through the screen and check? I turned the sound off from the mirrors when cars pass but left the light on

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
People calling it a race car crack me up :LOL: It's just a super street car. I mean a race car doesn't need a stitched dash or suede a pillars or headliner, or myriad of other goodies mine came with either right?

My window sticker says it has the Park View backup camera and Park Sense backup system. There is no "park sense" or whatever button on the console though. It's def got the backup camera. More reading to do I guess.

@BULL, I don't see any sensors in the bumper, but don't remember them in the Hellcat bumper either?
Here they are just right of the reflector.
IMG_1223.jpeg

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon

Did you buy the right car?

Last edited:
OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #357
@Paladin06 thanks. My old one must have had those and I had forgotten. The Demon 170 does NOT have them so that explains it.

So more oddness around this car in terms of documentation like the window sticker and actual options on the car.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
@Paladin06 thanks. My old one must have had those and I had forgotten. The Demon 170 does NOT have them so that explains it.

So more oddness around this car in terms of documentation like the window sticker and actual options on the car.
It's like the 1 I ordered with all black badges. It came in with half and half silver and black. The window sticker was changed to reflect that from the original order.
MikeD1 Durango came in missing equipment that was on the window sticker.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #359
As for getting the "right" car, I honestly wasn't sure when I ordered it. At the time a Redeye was over $100K so it didn't seem like a wise decision to go with that when I could get the Demon 170 for not much more.

I was actually worried I wouldn't like it. @jonx96 can attest to that. He and I chatted a bit and I told him I was worried it'd be noisy, or ride weird, or something else. So far it drives as good or better than my Hellcat did and is smoother/quieter in a lot of respects which was a pleasant surprise.

So far I can't tell a difference in the brakes, the throttle inputs feel more refined which coulda been my fault since I tuned my old car and I can't remember how it drove stock. Suspension was my biggest worry and I've been through some curvy roads with it and it does fine.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
As for getting the "right" car, I honestly wasn't sure when I ordered it. At the time a Redeye was over $100K so it didn't seem like a wise decision to go with that when I could get the Demon 170 for not much more.

I was actually worried I wouldn't like it. @jonx96 can attest to that. He and I chatted a bit and I told him I was worried it'd be noisy, or ride weird, or something else. So far it drives as good or better than my Hellcat did and is smoother/quieter in a lot of respects which was a pleasant surprise.
So what do you think about my Redeye out running you on the open road? Not starting shit just kidding. I have her to 176. Scarred me😉 1707511998929.png