Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Decided on a replacement for Go Man Go

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Well, “alleged” engine issues. I think some actual data and analysis would put some of the rumors to bed. Extra content never hurts
What engine issues are you referring to? I've heard of one with a bunch of questions around it.

Everybody says spark plugs are junk and have misfire issues too.... and mine has zero.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Thread Starter #1,082
It took 10,000 miles for the wear metals (mainly copper) to wash out of the Redeye engine I had in the old car.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
It took 10,000 miles for the wear metals (mainly copper) to wash out of the Redeye engine I had in the old car.
That sounds about right. Blackstone Commented on a UOA I sent in at 5k one of my cars that sending in before 7500 isnt really worth it because of all the wear metals. They recommended to wait until 10,000 when its all mostly washed out.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
Sending the first one is kinda pointless.
What do you mean? Sending the first oil sample in for testing has value in giving you peace of mind in case there was an issue like suspiciously high metal values now (assembly line defect). Or the reassurance that it is just break in materials and additives. To me, for $35, it was worth the cost.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Thread Starter #1,085
All the metals are going to show high on a first oil change at 1,000 miles. Not gonna tell ya much.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Enjoyed the oil change video. Was surprised though that you don't do the procedure that cranks it over to fully fill the filter and get some oil pressure built up before it sees firing loads. I hold the gas to the floor and hit the starter button. It will crank for 10 seconds and not fire. I know on my normal Hellcat, the manual says to do this each time before starting the engine when it has sat for longer than 2 weeks. Not sure if the manual said to do it after an oil change or if I am just OCD. Figure it cant hurt especially with a oil filter that is not full at first.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Thread Starter #1,087
In my experience, filling up the filter the oil light goes off immediately. If mine sets I do exactly what you describe though.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Waiting on my Blackstone report. Tues will be 2 weeks. Sent in pre paid.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Red/Red/Redeye
All the metals are going to show high on a first oil change at 1,000 miles. Not gonna tell ya much.
You are correct on that but I would worry about some massively bad report indicating a defective engine that needed immediate warranty attention before they could blame me for doing something to cause the damage.

But that's just me: I'm just a "glass half broken" kind of person. If the test comes back OK, then I'm just pleasantly disappointed. ;)

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
On oil change I pre fill the filter like others here. Noticed the pressure goes to about 65 psi within in 2 to 3 seconds by setting the ignition to run then hit the button on wheel for oil pressure reading in cluster then start engine. My RE Engine is also about the same time to pre charge oil galleries and build the pressure sensor reading to that 65 psi. Very quick I think.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Any info on the speculation breaking in with 93 and not using E85 until after break in? Good stuff all.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Thread Starter #1,092
93 is fine just no aggressive throttle.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Waiting on my Blackstone report. Tues will be 2 weeks. Sent in pre paid.
Blackstone way behind, I called them on my last report for my forerunner. It was there three weeks. It took another week after that until I got the report, prepaid as well. They said they were over loaded with reports, I guess with spring in the air many people changed their oil in beginning of the year to start the season instead of letting it sit with fresh oil in it over winter? Just the opposite of the correct thing to do lol

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Agree Mike. Long delayed analysis reports to customer
IS NOT what you want with the someone deciding weather a questionable engine has issues, or is worth purchasing, rebuilding, putting more good money into bad motor…..etc. I did save a portion in a Mason Jar Just in case I somehow got lost in the laboratory documentation system, or want a secondary analysis. While this may seem a bit excessive I would rather be cautious until the swirling questions behind the 170 die down and reliability issues prove different. In my opinion it will.

Mason jar of oil appears dark and difficult to establish actual clarity of oil, so I tipped jar momentarily and snapped pick for oil clarity on upper part of jar. Yes the perspective is not nearly as comprehensive as Speedy with his great videos “(keep those coming they are appreciated, very thorough and well edited) “ but Mason Jars are cheap and a pic takes only seconds. Not to mention saved samples at intervals are available to Dodge if ever oil condition comes into question for auditing. IMG_8493.jpeg IMG_8493.jpeg

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
The guys on the other forum have convinced me to make up a batch of super magnet oil drain plugs, they fit all 6.2 engines. If anyone over here is interested PM me and I’ll put you on the list. They pull in particles from 6” away, keep ferrous hard debris out of your oil pump and bearings as even the best oil filters don’t catch everything, these do!! Even my blower lifting eyelet I dropped and couldn’t find, the magnet in the pan grabbed it!!
IMG_7190.jpeg IMG_7191.jpeg IMG_7193.jpeg

IMG_2251.jpeg

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Interwebs
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Demon 170
Thread Starter #1,096
Wonder why the oil is so dark? Break in oil?

Mine was darker than I expected too.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
th
The guys on the other forum have convinced me to make up a batch of super magnet oil drain plugs, they fit all 6.2 engines. If anyone over here is interested PM me and I’ll put you on the list. They pull in particles from 6” away, keep ferrous hard debris out of your oil pump and bearings as even the best oil filters don’t catch everything, these do!! Even my blower lifting eyelet I dropped and couldn’t find, the magnet in the pan grabbed it!!
View attachment 139531 View attachment 139532 View attachment 139533

View attachment 139534
those magnets will pull satellites out of orbit if you arent careful.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I like it, any risk of the magnet ever coming loose?
View attachment 139531 View attachment 139532 View attachment 139533

View attachment 139534

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I would be up for a magnet or two. Put one in the RE. Thanks for thinking of the group Mike!

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Yep, I agree with dark tint but it’s almost a greenish hue. I would expect 2nd change to lighten up in color. I’ll take that over Metalic Flake Brown any day.