Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 170, will any be 100k, probably not

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
A 2021 R/T and a C170 engine swap would probably be good value for money.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Stuck with the penny pinchers like me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Same here.

But I don't have a huge urge to be into a 170.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I think a lot of cars aren't worth what their msrp is, just a matter of inflation and rising prices kicking in.

I think the real value lies in the collectors value for these cars tbh. Otherwise you are a 30k crate engine and a 10-15k narrowbody challenger shell away from recreating your own demon for no more than 50-60k.
Bingo.
When I get good and ready to step into the Demon market, I'll be happy to pay the market rate.
Right now, shit is still sorting itself out. But if I had to have one today, I wouldn't pay over 30 for one. Seen too many come up in that price range.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
A 2021 R/T and a C170 engine swap would probably be good value for money.
Could do it a 2010!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
You need a closer pcm and tcm for it to be easy.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
So to update, seems apparently everyone wasn't "aware" of the deal.

They want 30k minimum now.

I walked for the moment.

The search continues but albeit with a sour taste in my mouth, I hope a bunch of these dodge dealers go belly up with dodge. I'm not spiteful but walking back on a deal is probably one of the lowest things to do in the business

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
So to update, seems apparently everyone wasn't "aware" of the deal.

They want 30k minimum now.

I walked for the moment.

The search continues but albeit with a sour taste in my mouth, I hope a bunch of these dodge dealers go belly up with dodge. I'm not spiteful but walking back on a deal is probably one of the lowest things to do in the business
Playing you for a sucker. They think we're all retarded.

Fuck them.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Playing you for a sucker. They think we're all retarded.

Fuck them.
Probably, little do they know I have bought a bunch of cars, I understand the game as well as they do.

Just sucks dealing with the bs, I can't wait until these dealers have to start begging for sales like they did pre-covid. Should be a bit of karma so to speak.

If another opportunity arises I'll look into it but like we were talking about earlier it's not a car I'm in love with so I'm not about to sink money I know I won't get back.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Some of these owners are stuck thinking they are going to get 75-100k over. Seen one the owners still wants 200k over for a sublime sunroof car.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Some of these owners are stuck thinking they are going to get 75-100k over. Seen one the owners still wants 200k over for a sublime sunroof car.
Yeah and I think unfortunately somebody will jump at 30k, they now have it listed for 35k over again so it just seems like they don't know what they're doing.

I think some dealers are getting wise and aggressive, some are gonna learn and then others like Huntington Beach still have 2018 demons for sale... so they will just sit on em

Honestly I talked about it with a few ppl and at msrp I would genuinely drive the car, as the adm creeps up it becomes more of a car I would be inclined to let sit.

Search continues and I'm sure something will shake out but just reminds me how much I dislike dodge dealers.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
This is the cheapest I see in Canada

Prices are falling here too
But we only have 300 cars so they will never drop too much

1711810034865.png

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Bingo.
When I get good and ready to step into the Demon market, I'll be happy to pay the market rate.
Right now, shit is still sorting itself out. But if I had to have one today, I wouldn't pay over 30 for one. Seen too many come up in that price range.
I'll send you a dm

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
Yeah and I think unfortunately somebody will jump at 30k, they now have it listed for 35k over again so it just seems like they don't know what they're doing.

I think some dealers are getting wise and aggressive, some are gonna learn and then others like Huntington Beach still have 2018 demons for sale... so they will just sit on em

Honestly I talked about it with a few ppl and at msrp I would genuinely drive the car, as the adm creeps up it becomes more of a car I would be inclined to let sit.

Search continues and I'm sure something will shake out but just reminds me how much I dislike dodge dealers.
I have been looking for a Demon 170, the best price I have found is 70k over, not going to happen. If I found a Demon 170, close to reasonable, I would consider, as I would like to do some serious cruising. Demons come with an air conditioner, Florida approved...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I have been looking for a Demon 170, the best price I have found is 70k over, not going to happen. If I found a Demon 170, close to reasonable, I would consider, as I would like to do some serious cruising. Demons come with an air conditioner, Florida approved...
The market will hit its low point here soon, its just a matter of timing.

We are playing on 3 factors here

Supply
Demand
Season

I think the best time to buy a demon is between now and May as the last few demons arrive.

Once supply dwindles down, as the weather gets warmer and the fed drops rates you will see the price curve go back up imo.

If I don't find a demon in April I'm just going to relax on cars for a little. I have a last year charger redeye and a 9 second m3, my next jump will be into the boosted huracan world so I'll just wait for their prices to settle a bit and then I can enjoy one of them.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Totally agree the next 60 days Demon's will be in their lowest. Still about 20ish cars not yet releases, I believe half of them are jailbreak cars (One being the soldiers), but most of the remaining Demon 170's should be delivered within the next couple weeks. If people hold out, some of these cars will creep in the 20-30k range.

I just wish people would stop spending 160's on non carbon wheel cars so the prices will fall some more

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Totally agree the next 60 days Demon's will be in their lowest. Still about 20ish cars not yet releases, I believe half of them are jailbreak cars (One being the soldiers), but most of the remaining Demon 170's should be delivered within the next couple weeks. If people hold out, some of these cars will creep in the 20-30k range.

I just wish people would stop spending 160's on non carbon wheel cars so the prices will fall some more
People will be people unfortunately.

Ultimately my cheat sheet would look something like this.

Sunroof cars - 10-15k adm
Nonsunroof cars 20-25k adm
Cf wheels + sunroof 20-30k adm
Cf wheels + no sunroof 25-40k adm

I think the cf wheels are a net 10-30k return on the right spec which is great for an 11k option but they aren't worth the premium at the moment, think 50-100k adm (what dealers want)

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Not sure why anyone wants cf wheels they're still heavy and will be a pita all around

In other news I should hit 1000 miles in mine today.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Not sure why anyone wants cf wheels they're still heavy and will be a pita all around

In other news I should hit 1000 miles in mine today.
Nothing more than to say "I have it"

Tbh lol

I think it may impact resale value long term. Everyone seems to want no sunroof and cf wheels

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I'm having to have custom wheels made so I can drive mine more. Rear tires are already about 50% used I think

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I'm having to have custom wheels made so I can drive mine more. Rear tires are already about 50% used I think
Drag radials burn up quick on the street.