Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon Crate Shipping to Germany

707HP

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rydal
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Shipping my crate to Germany from the east coast. The car is already on the way there. Any suggestions for shipping it? Also, how much does it weigh? I thought I saw 280 pounds at one point. Thanks.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
DHL or any of the regular freight companies.

You could try contacting the freight terminal at the closest airport to you and they could probably recommend some options for you.

World Airways is a German company and had taken over the freight portion for Luftansa years back but I'm not 100% about that now.

You might be able to book freight on one of the major airlines, they usually have some freight haul even on the regular commercial flights so they can add to their profit.

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
DHL would be my first choice, but you may find a decent mid-week rate with one of the major airlines

edit: checked the UPS tag on mine -- 310 lbs, but that would include the pallet

OP

707HP

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rydal
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #4
Thank you

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6
almost forgot, if you have a local freight company, good chance they can handle scheduling and other arrangements for you, particularly if you go the airline/air freight route, including customs paperwork and arranging delivery in the FRG

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Just curious, was it a PITA and pretty expensive to ship the Demon across the Atlantic?

OP

707HP

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rydal
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Thread Starter #7
It wasn't too bad. The buyer arranged everything. It took him a bit to find a shipper and some back and forth with them to lock in a date. I think it cost about $2000 - $3000 for its own container. He mentioned more expensive options like $8K with door to door service. However, I drove it to the Port at Newark and he is picking it up in Germany as well - that saved a couple thousand. It will only take about 9 days to make the journey across the pond - it's leaving 7/27. The paperwork on my end was pretty minimal. Just dropped off the car with the title. Not that hard. The buyer is a friend so that helped and I was happy to drive it to the port for him.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Shipping my crate to Germany from the east coast. The car is already on the way there. Any suggestions for shipping it? Also, how much does it weigh? I thought I saw 280 pounds at one point. Thanks.
Why not ship it with the car?

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
It wasn't too bad. The buyer arranged everything. It took him a bit to find a shipper and some back and forth with them to lock in a date. I think it cost about $2000 - $3000 for its own container. He mentioned more expensive options like $8K with door to door service. However, I drove it to the Port at Newark and he is picking it up in Germany as well - that saved a couple thousand. It will only take about 9 days to make the journey across the pond - it's leaving 7/27. The paperwork on my end was pretty minimal. Just dropped off the car with the title. Not that hard. The buyer is a friend so that helped and I was happy to drive it to the port for him.
Oh you sold it! I thought you were moving to Germany with the Demon. Was it sad dropping it off? I couldn't part with mine...it just puts too many smiles on my face! :)