Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Detailing Fun

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Spent the last couple of days doing some exploratory paint correction on my Charger. White is incredibly difficult to see without a detail light. After 2 years paint isn't too bad...no swirls whatsoever, but little micro scratches (as to be expected). Decided to do some light (instead of more aggressive) polishing as trade off to improvement vs. clear coat loss wasn't worth it to me. Used the rest of my Chemical Guys White Light (glaze with filler polish) then coat of Sonax Polymer Net Shield. Noticed an additional increase in color richness with the glaze (polish and fillers helping hide stuff) under the Sonax PNS. Question is, will the glaze/filler base coat decrease Sonax PNS's longevity? My assumption is it would? Guess I will find out.

Looked at motorhome today as kids saw a spider on it. I am now noticing more scratches that I've never noticed before. Training my eyes maybe wasn't such a good thing...damn.

Happy Sunday all.

StingrayZ51

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lindenhurst
State
IL
Country
United States
Whenever using a polymer or ceramic coating it’s always best to start with fresh unprotected paint. After I polish (sonax perfect finish for me) I will use eraser and then coat with whatever I’m using. I’m personally not a fan of the fillers. But as far as longevity, as long as you’re washing properly and drying properly you probably won’t notice much of a decrease in longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Whenever using a polymer or ceramic coating it’s always best to start with fresh unprotected paint. After I polish (sonax perfect finish for me) I will use eraser and then coat with whatever I’m using. I’m personally not a fan of the fillers. But as far as longevity, as long as you’re washing properly and drying properly you probably won’t notice much of a decrease in longevity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Appreciate it. Thanks.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Spent the last couple of days doing some exploratory paint correction on my Charger. White is incredibly difficult to see without a detail light. After 2 years paint isn't too bad...no swirls whatsoever, but little micro scratches (as to be expected). Decided to do some light (instead of more aggressive) polishing as trade off to improvement vs. clear coat loss wasn't worth it to me. Used the rest of my Chemical Guys White Light (glaze with filler polish) then coat of Sonax Polymer Net Shield. Noticed an additional increase in color richness with the glaze (polish and fillers helping hide stuff) under the Sonax PNS. Question is, will the glaze/filler base coat decrease Sonax PNS's longevity? My assumption is it would? Guess I will find out.

Looked at motorhome today as kids saw a spider on it. I am now noticing more scratches that I've never noticed before. Training my eyes maybe wasn't such a good thing...damn.

Happy Sunday all.
Picture, picture, picture, picture!

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #5
Hard to see paint as it is inside right now...will take out in sunlight.

20200607_151203.jpg
20200607_142405.jpg
20200607_142314.jpg
Only question is how much the glaze underneath will impact sealant life.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
If I’ve said it once, I’ll say it a thousand times.. I love white on these cars😻

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Nice ride. I almost got white. But the dark side had me..........