Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DiabloSport Suspension Controller

Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
Have you had a chance to test on the drag strip? Im interested but dont do much corner carving

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Have you had a chance to test on the drag strip? Im interested but dont do much corner carving
I haven't even sat down and read everything about it but if you hook at the track not sure how it will help you. Someone that is hit or miss then it may have to be looked into further.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I haven't even sat down and read everything about it but if you hook at the track not sure how it will help you. Someone that is hit or miss then it may have to be looked into further.
My thoughts also. I am cutting 1.50 -1.53 60' with a full weight cat on stock power with stock 2.62 gears. I don't think any more can be gained without adding power or losing weight. Now if I went to some of the other tracks around me this may help.

Magnified

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC
Paladin, have you seen anything quantitative that you can post on the street? Times, greater speeds in a given area, etc?

Great write ups folks.

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #25
Let me help. It is tough for anyone to believe opinions or subjective stuff. What I have been saying is the difference is rather subtle. I had our marketing people do this yesterday. Sorry, he did not at least put a sound track on it. He did such a good and fast job, I did not want to go back for re-work.

Anyway, bottom- best lap last year, this car.

Top, best lap this year this car, the DS unit was the difference.

I keep talking about and they keep talking about stability and it’s ability to keep the ride reasonably soft and forgiving unless challenged. Most of the lap shows rather similar data in the corners. However, the most dangerous and most technically challenging is the potentially high speeds and potential of gaining time in what is called the Kink and IMO the semi straight track that follows, encased by walls on each side. Just prior to that is the legendary chicane. The differences for me begin in the Chicane, through the Kink and beyond. It is a bit of a driver preference on corner entry speeds, yes. But you need the confidence in your car to push it a bit. It’s all good but at about 1:35 the difference I am talking about becomes apparent. Plus on the lap last year, I see I let it rip into the Kink, only to hit the brakes and be timid after that v. this year where the speed is more smooth followed by INCREASING speeds OUT of the Kink. The result was getting down to Canada corner much quicker. That segment displays what I have been trying to say with regard to this item.

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Mine just came today. Installing it tomorrow to try out on the street.

Looks like I won't be able to make it to the track till next month...