Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Did you ever buy something you don't need..but the deal is too good to pass up

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
buy it for 70k and sell it to CC for 90K:unsure:
He don't have one of those:)
Now thats an idea..load the glove box with ascots..and huge yellow shades...he'll pay ALL the money...:giggle::giggle::giggle:;)

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Would it be sacrilege for one of us Ice Heads here to buy an EV and sell it for profit? Asking for a friend 🤣 I’ll start the popcorn and wait for the hard cores to weigh in.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #23
Would it be sacrilege for one of us Ice Heads here to buy an EV and sell it for profit? Asking for a friend 🤣 I’ll start the popcorn and wait for the hard cores to weigh in.
Wow...now that a good question...maybe if my wife drove it home...

GdBye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
That's a hell of a deal. Buy it and you help yourself and him. Maybe throw in a good bottle of scotch. He's going to need it.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
That's a hell of a deal. Buy it and you help yourself and him. Maybe throw in a good bottle of scotch. He's going to need it.
oh yeah...he's gonna get crucified..NYS is not a male friendly divorce state..

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Empire State, for her not him.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #27
Empire State, for her not him.
Big time...he's a really great guy..and a good husband..he doesn't deserve what's commin to him..:(

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
So you're asking a forum of car crazed enthusiasts if you should buy a vehicle specifically made for car crazed enthusiasts?

What were you thinking!

Of course the real common sense answer is HELL YES!

Also I hear @thetalonguy is good at brokering the deals like this for you, just send him the money in cash 💰

And better make sure that mailman doesn't catch wind of this, or else he'll be hitting you up for a commission.

OP
1971demon

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Thread Starter #29
So you're asking a forum of car crazed enthusiasts if you should buy a vehicle specifically made for car crazed enthusiasts?

What were you thinking!

Of course the real common sense answer is HELL YES!

Also I hear @thetalonguy is good at brokering the deals like this for you, just send him the money in cash 💰

And better make sure that mailman doesn't catch wind of this, or else he'll be hitting you up for a commission.
It's funny...I've seen a lot of em on Dealers lots...never had the slightest interest in buying one...I was 90% sold when we went over the numbers...you guys just helped me seal the deal...and we gotta keep a real lid on this...cause this couple is part of our social circle...don't want this to get out yet...and nobody's really sure who the mailman is yet...gonna be a shit show...

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
That’s what CC did and he recommended it to us!

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Yes, I’ll hold the money for safekeeping. You need a non-emotionally involved 3rd party to handle this transaction. I’ll even hold on to the TRX for you over the winter.

Honestly, be careful of how you do handle any future cash agreements ( like waiting until ink is dry on divorce papers), Lawyers live for this shit. Also, not sure if your buddy has firearms…if so, then let him sell them to you for $1 each right away. As you know NY is not the friendliest state and can confiscate them for eternity.

Also, vote to buy TRX! Would love one if I had the extra cash sitting around.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Funny..even though a real PITA to keep clean..my truck..prowler..and C8...are all black
Not only hard to keep clean, black is a real bitch here in FL especially in summer.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
It's funny...I've seen a lot of em on Dealers lots...never had the slightest interest in buying one...
Same here, as far as interest in them goes. Had never seen one until picking up my girlfriend's.

Once back home with it , it was the mandatory creeper tour of new vehicles that made me get one. The size of the parts underneath are impressive, to put it mildly. Looks more like a 3/4 or 1-ton underneath than some girly 1500.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Yes, I’ll hold the money for safekeeping. You need a non-emotionally involved 3rd party to handle this transaction. I’ll even hold on to the TRX for you over the winter.

Honestly, be careful of how you do handle any future cash agreements ( like waiting until ink is dry on divorce papers), Lawyers live for this shit. Also, not sure if your buddy has firearms…if so, then let him sell them to you for $1 each right away. As you know NY is not the friendliest state and can confiscate them for eternity.

Also, vote to buy TRX! Would love one if I had the extra cash sitting around.
I agree with everything you said except the part about leaving the TRX with you for winter. It would be MUCH better off with me in FL !!

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Not only hard to keep clean, black is a real bitch here in FL especially in summer.
On the positive side, a black vehicle is probably way too hot for the gators to snuggle up to.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I have a chance to make a score on a vehicle I don't need..or would ever buy....I have a very good friend (almost like a brother)..that came home a couple of weeks ago..found his wife with her legs up in the air..and the mail man deliverin more than the mail...(it might not have been the mail man but you get the picture)..I'ts gonna be a messy split assets wise...(she's no good)...anyway he has an all black TRX with 3200 miles on it...He bought it from Koons @ a discount..and he has clear tittle...In an attempt to give her as little as possible he wants to sell me the TRX @ 55g's..then give him 15 grand cash under the table..so I'd be in it 70 grand..the truck is in the wrapper gorgeous..I already have a Ram 1500 and need this like a hole in my head..till I drove it..it's a cool truck...I know if I bought it...I would keep it...the question is how good a deal is 70 grand for one of these trucks...:unsure::unsure:
What does she look like?

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Is it a ‘21 or ‘22?
On your next test drive, drive it through your favorite drivethru or park it at your favorite restaurant… and then park it in the garage. If you’re comfortable guiding it and fitting it in all those places you’ll love it.

My buddy just bought a new one for $103k and loves it to death… he just can’t fit it in his garage, so he needs to remodel his house as to not park it in the snow all winter.

What I’m saying is that it eats up the road and is a hoot to drive, but living with it may be a different experience. I think I took myself out of the market for one just based on the fact that I don’t want a big truck again (right now)… Bring it by my place, if it fits in my garage I’ll hang in to it for you for the next few months and break it in for you.
Lastly, for anyone that doesn’t enjoy pumping gas in winter… the 10mpg is real. Get used to freezing your ass off every couple days keeping it full.

There are a few intakes out there, no Legmaker though. Cutting the resonators off gives it more bark. A 2.85 will keep you ahead of the competition. Enjoy it!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Is it a ‘21 or ‘22?
On your next test drive, drive it through your favorite drivethru or park it at your favorite restaurant… and then park it in the garage. If you’re comfortable guiding it and fitting it in all those places you’ll love it.

My buddy just bought a new one for $103k and loves it to death… he just can’t fit it in his garage, so he needs to remodel his house as to not park it in the snow all winter.

What I’m saying is that it eats up the road and is a hoot to drive, but living with it may be a different experience. I think I took myself out of the market for one just based on the fact that I don’t want a big truck again (right now)… Bring it by my place, if it fits in my garage I’ll hang in to it for you for the next few months and break it in for you.
Lastly, for anyone that doesn’t enjoy pumping gas in winter… the 10mpg is real. Get used to freezing your ass off every couple days keeping it full.

There are a few intakes out there, no Legmaker though. Cutting the resonators off gives it more bark. A 2.85 will keep you ahead of the competition. Enjoy it!
The CAI for these looks pretty weird to me.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
The CAI for these looks pretty weird to me.
They are weird because of the trim over the radiator, the location of the intake, and the hood scoop… but some are pretty cool. This is the S&B my buddy has. Unlike anything I’ve ever seen before… so definitely weird.

Attachments

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Weird, in that it looks just like a stock intake, except with a clear cover over a red filter.