Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Difference between mid muffler delete and rear muffler delete

2020 Indigo

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vista
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Ok excuse my ignorance but this 20 Charger Hellcat sounds quieter then my 16 Challenger Hellcat, both have stock exhaust. So Im thinking about a muffler delete in order to get a little more sound. Ive searched for a sound clip or anyone comparing the two deletes but did not find anything. Can anyone give me some insite?

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
For me, it feels like a mid-muffler delete gives it a throaty roar with low rumbles.
A rear delete sounds more like it’s less refined and can get a little raspy from what I’ve heard.
But I’ve never had them side by side to compare.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
The mid muffler delete is real loud under full throttle. But cruising highway speeds is fine and has no to very little drone. Nothing that bothers me because the rear mufflers have the active valves that close when cruising to quite it down.
Not sure the difference but I’d rather keep the active exhaust. Deleting the rear mufflers would probably be the same or maybe a smidge louder than leaving your car in track mode.