Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Direct Connection

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
37542375-C4E4-438D-9FE1-604EE0910BAE.jpeg A8A421BC-4FAB-4DBB-A202-CA516370C568.jpeg

840hp stock

I’ll settle for some of these

Miss Direct-Connection posters

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
2019 and up..... Why no love for us guys with the orignal "slow" 2017 Hellcats?
It’s a Redeye thing.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Looks like they are delaying announcement of the 100 dealers:

Dodge Power Brokers Dealer Network
The new Dodge Power Brokers program will roll out ready to serve as the exclusive source for all new Direct Connection performance parts, and equipped with staff trained to deliver a performance-focused customer service experience.

The Dodge Power Brokers dealer network will officially open for business in late Q1 2022. A complete list of Dodge Power Brokers dealers will be available in late Q1 2022 at Dodge.com.

Certified Dodge Power Brokers dealership staff will meet set standards of comprehensive knowledge and expertise in areas including Dodge vehicle features and high-performance parts and installation. Personnel at Dodge Power Brokers dealerships will have the knowledge to walk customers through Dodge vehicle performance features and available Direct Connection upgrades.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
“Factory engineered”
Is the Hellraiser factory engineered?

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
“Factory engineered”
Is the Hellraiser factory engineered?
Kind of. I believe Litens makes the stock blower pulley.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
It’s a Redeye thing.
The video shows that is offered on the 2019+ normal Hellcat, not just the Redeye. Is there a difference in the motors on the 2015-2018 vs the later motors? Are the early motors much weaker or something? I cant figure out why its only 2019 and up since the normal Hellcat can get the package in addition to the Redeye. I know the Redeye motor is stronger, but dont undersatd the normal motor difference from the early years to the later.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I thought I saw something from Patrick Rall saying 2019+ was in error for regular Hellcats and should say 2015+

I also remember seeing something about an ecu change in 2018. So that may also factor in but I doubt it. Dodge/Mopar is trying to cash in on what the aftermarket has been doing the last few years.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
This is such a strange thing for Dodge to do now. If they'd done something like this 10 years ago or even 5 it would have really been something, but instead it's now as the end of the Hemi V8 has been announced. Anyone else think that's strange?

Also, supposedly in 2018 there were some changes to the standard Hellcat engine to make it stronger. Connecting rod bolts were one for sure as the P/N changed and they're now ARP bolts where before they were not.

I'm not even sure why Dodge sells the standard Hellcat anymore, I'd just make them all Redeye to cut down on parts.

Finally, I thought this was gonna be some kinda dealer installed deal with a different center stack and you could use the HO button to switch between standard and race gas, but this is really nothing more than a Diablo T2 with a locked tune on it, same as you'd get from many other tuners. I guess if warranty concerns are your thing it may be worth it, but I gotta wonder what happens when the person who knows little loads the race gas tune on pump gas. Does the car know and drop out of HO mode or eat itself?

885 for a RE on a pulley and race gas tune isn't all that impressive now that we know the deets and offering RE drop in pistons as an upgrade???

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
The video shows that is offered on the 2019+ normal Hellcat, not just the Redeye. Is there a difference in the motors on the 2015-2018 vs the later motors? Are the early motors much weaker or something? I cant figure out why its only 2019 and up since the normal Hellcat can get the package in addition to the Redeye. I know the Redeye motor is stronger, but dont undersatd the normal motor difference from the early years to the later.
The Redeye has the Demon engine and tuned slightly differently. On the engine manufactures dyno with 93 octane fuel the Demon and Redeye engines both make 812hp and 725 ft lbs of tq. so...... Yes I have copies of both dyno sheets.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
These kits need to also come with a diecast emblem that says "Stage 1:, etc., although I can see them being cheesy.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
This is such a strange thing for Dodge to do now. If they'd done something like this 10 years ago or even 5 it would have really been something, but instead it's now as the end of the Hemi V8 has been announced. Anyone else think that's strange?

Also, supposedly in 2018 there were some changes to the standard Hellcat engine to make it stronger. Connecting rod bolts were one for sure as the P/N changed and they're now ARP bolts where before they were not.

I'm not even sure why Dodge sells the standard Hellcat anymore, I'd just make them all Redeye to cut down on parts.

Finally, I thought this was gonna be some kinda dealer installed deal with a different center stack and you could use the HO button to switch between standard and race gas, but this is really nothing more than a Diablo T2 with a locked tune on it, same as you'd get from many other tuners. I guess if warranty concerns are your thing it may be worth it, but I gotta wonder what happens when the person who knows little loads the race gas tune on pump gas. Does the car know and drop out of HO mode or eat itself?

885 for a RE on a pulley and race gas tune isn't all that impressive now that we know the deets and offering RE drop in pistons as an upgrade???
To me it states that Dodge isn't going release anything special.
Maybe a final edition Hellcat but it will be nothing more than some design upgrades or a sticker package. Probably charge 8 grand for it too. Then dealers will add another 20-30k on top of it.

Kind of sad that this is how it ends

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Kind of funny story. Back in the 90s my brother in law worked for Mopar in NY. Mopar was sponsoring the Mopar Nats at Englishtown so he gets us set up to watch the races from the suite. So we fly in and he meets us at the airport and he’s all excited. He had run into some guys he worked with back in Detroit. Says I’ve got someone I want you to meet. He parades out Miss Mopar. I’m like no shit. What’s up Leah? She’s like hey how ya been? He’s standing there with a stupid look on his face. He asks you know her? I’m like yea we went to school together and she graduated the year after me. My BIL is like get the f outta here. He couldn’t believe it.

Attachments

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
To me it states that Dodge isn't going release anything special.
Maybe a final edition Hellcat but it will be nothing more than some design upgrades or a sticker package. Probably charge 8 grand for it too. Then dealers will add another 20-30k on top of it.

Kind of sad that this is how it ends
Well It lasted a hell of a lot longer than the time. Don't forget the last time it went out with a whimper this time it went out like a LION!!

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Well It lasted a hell of a lot longer than the time. Don't forget the last time it went out with a whimper this time it went out like a LION!!
yes it did.
But I wasn't alive for the first time around.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
yes it did.
I’m proud to say I was a young man not of driving age yet but it was fun hanging with the uncles and cousins at the late night street races. My Dads 69 road runner was King back in those days.

OP
R

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
Thread Starter #58
Those were the days when no chips or pcms were involved. I got out of the Army in 67 and started racing on street and strip in 68. Bought a 69 340 Swinger first then a 69 Dart GTS 383 HP. Raced the wheels off both. Bought a 70 gomango challenger 440 six pack and tore up the streets in Western Pa. Drum brakes. No power steering or power brakes. No AC. Eight track after market. Never beaten street racing it. If you boys had been around in those days you would have loved it. Racers are racers no matter what the equipment or the century.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
yes it did.

Young, wipper snappers ........ :rolleyes:;)

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger

When they go all electric, they will have Super High performance battery chargers instead. with power dealers techs, knowing how to tweak the connections to get you a 100 kv extra. Sounds exciting!