Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Do you guys think a paint less dent repair can fix this? Update: Repair done!

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Awesome, glad it was fixed! Looks brand new again.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Youngstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Just caught the follow up on this thread. Don't recall getting any alerts on this after watching.:unsure:. So glad you found someone competent. That's the hardest part. And @stonewall is correct, they have imperfections (plenty) right from the factory. My brand new RE has little woops all over, especially where they bend the metal on the quarters' to curl around by the door jamb. Most guys don't notice these. There's plenty all around the car. If anyone brought their car to a body shop for a real professional, show quality paint job you'd be amazed how much bondo (or thick fill-able primer) goes on the whole undamaged car. They COVER it, then shave it off with long boards. The whole car is covered in a sheet of paper thin almost see through bondo. Some spots not so thin. Then when paint goes on, you see glass and laser strait panels. It's amazing the difference.
Panel looks great!(y) Happy for you.
Yeah don’t ever scrutinize your roof rails or pillars. Dips and bumps all over a lot of challengers I’ve seen. Mine included.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Congrats on the spectacular out come. Proof that some times quality work is not as much as one would expect. Just think of cost to repair with a repaint. Home run hit !

OP
Old Mopar Guy

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Thread Starter #84
Congrats on the spectacular out come. Proof that some times quality work is not as much as one would expect. Just think of cost to repair with a repaint. Home run hit !
Thanks. Lucked out for certain!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Winter Park
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Does anybody know the color code for the devil's rim wheel paint? I just put a tiny curb scuff in my rear passenger wheel that I don't think is bad enough to need sanding down, but a small amount of paint came off.

I called the FCA dealer I ordered the car from but they only have body touch up colors

D23F2F47-4086-4AC5-8E0D-781FB9362B71.jpeg

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Does anybody know the color code for the devil's rim wheel paint? I just put a tiny curb scuff in my rear passenger wheel that I don't think is bad enough to need sanding down, but a small amount of paint came off.

I called the FCA dealer I ordered the car from but they only have body touch up colors

View attachment 17348
I would try a sharpie 😜

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
autozone or any parts store..check ford/chev/Toyota touch up paint...one will be close enough

Member ID
Reactions
City
Winter Park
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
thanks, i was thinking about a sharpie lol but since the wheels are matte I was worried it wouldn't match. I may check with the place that did my PPF.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
thanks, i was thinking about a sharpie lol but since the wheels are matte I was worried it wouldn't match. I may check with the place that did my PPF.
I used some matte black Krylon outdoor paint. I sprayed a little on a Q-Tip and then just touched it to the spot. Can't tell it's there unless you get right down on top of it and are looking for it.