Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Does anyone regret getting the Rear Seat Delete?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
its a Genpartsco mount just for the rear seat delete
I found it on their site but they don't state how it mounts to the car. My rear seat delete was one of the first ones and did not have the little plastic access door to install the harness bar. Is that required to mount the extinguisher?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I found it on their site but they don't state how it mounts to the car. My rear seat delete was one of the first ones and did not have the little plastic access door to install the harness bar. Is that required to mount the extinguisher?
I have the same one as you and I to like to know as well .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

WildCat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kakastan
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
Instructions that came with are pretty straight forward. my HC seat delete doesnt have the harness bar cutout either, it doesnt mount to that.

Last edited:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Love the rear seat delete.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Scottsdale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WB Challenger Redeye
I really like mine. never once used the rear seat in our previous challenger, so why not.
It does get a lot of comments when people see it. The mopar kit is easy just tediously boring to install. no regrets whatsoever.
View attachment 2661
That looks very clean...nice job! So a Demon owner told me with the rear seat delete it is extremely noisy...he said it makes the exhaust so loud he can barely here the SC whine and he can even hear the gas slushing around in the tank when he corners.

Do you notice any of these things? I know most do this to save weight for 1/4 or 1/2 mile but I am just wondering. NO ONE is allowed in my back seat so I have been considering this mod???

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
That looks very clean...nice job! So a Demon owner told me with the rear seat delete it is extremely noisy...he said it makes the exhaust so loud he can barely here the SC whine and he can even hear the gas slushing around in the tank when he corners.

Do you notice any of these things? I know most do this to save weight for 1/4 or 1/2 mile but I am just wondering. NO ONE is allowed in my back seat so I have been considering this mod???
I never noticed any difference in my car..... Either that or I'm going def

Tsubahog

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fl
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Rear seat delete in my REWB - no regrets. The seat in my 2015 HC looked terrible, all wrinkled, and nobody ever sat in it. Something different

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Instructions that came with are pretty straight forward. my HC seat delete doesnt have the harness bar cutout either, it doesnt mount to that.
Can you post them or email them? I wanna make sure it'll work for my setup.

I noticed just a tick more fuel pump sound, but nothing that bothers me. The exhaust in the car has always been able to be heard, before and after the RSD, and I didn't notice it being any louder. I easily here my SC whine, but I'm running a smaller pulley.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Scottsdale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I never noticed any difference in my car..... Either that or I'm going def

Thanks...I am really leaning toward doing this. I am going to baseline my Redeye in October in the 1/2 mile and then I can see if any mods after that help my top speed???

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
For 1/2 and 1 mile events, weight is "less" important as the launch doesn't really matter, it's all about power. It's a bit different in drag racing where every 10th counts and the launch is everything.

Aero makes a big difference in 1/2 and mile events though ;)

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
For 1/2 and 1 mile events, weight is "less" important as the launch doesn't really matter, it's all about power. It's a bit different in drag racing where every 10th counts and the launch is everything.

Aero makes a big difference in 1/2 and mile events though ;)

I added about 7mph to my 1/4m trap by cutting out a bunch of rotational inertia and dropping some additional weight here and there. i.e., rear seat/sub-woofers etc.

It was only worth 1-2mph at the mile trap.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I used to pit crew on my buddy's car at the TX mile. I watched all the real fast cars (200 mph+) sputter and pop barely getting off the line due to their gearing and once they hit about 1/2 mile it was warp speed. My buddy's Challenger was a M6 and I finally convinced him to launch in 2nd gear and just roll out, he picked up a considerable amount of MPH. It was a real learning experience for us drag racer types.

I think he still holds the world record for a Challenger at 212MPH.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Scottsdale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I noticed just a tick more fuel pump sound, but nothing that bothers me. The exhaust in the car has always been able to be heard, before and after the RSD, and I didn't notice it being any louder. I easily here my SC whine, but I'm running a smaller pulley.
Cool! Thanks for the reply.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Scottsdale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I added about 7mph to my 1/4m trap by cutting out a bunch of rotational inertia and dropping some additional weight here and there. i.e., rear seat/sub-woofers etc.
It was only worth 1-2mph at the mile trap.
Good point...and I remember you from when I owned my 2017 Hellcat. I was aspiring to run the Colorado mile...I guess now I will have to go to Texas :(

Member ID
Reactions
City
Scottsdale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I used to pit crew on my buddy's car at the TX mile. I watched all the real fast cars (200 mph+) sputter and pop barely getting off the line due to their gearing and once they hit about 1/2 mile it was warp speed. My buddy's Challenger was a M6 and I finally convinced him to launch in 2nd gear and just roll out, he picked up a considerable amount of MPH. It was a real learning experience for us drag racer types.
All very good points...I just figured shaving a few pounds might helped push me through the air at speeds...IDK??? Plus the RSD is cool...LOL

But I get what your saying about launch in the 1/2 mile and mile event...while living in Florida I was at a Wanna Go Fast event when a Lambo set the record at that time of 233mph in the 1/2 mile. And to your point he barely walked off the line and then sort of rolled into it.

But owning a Hellcat you always get the guys/girls at the start wanting to see burnouts (see below with my 2017 Hellcat at No Fly Zone) but to your point again I obtained my fastest MPH in the 1/2 mile once I learned how to pedal it off the line to get her rolling and then jump on it.
HC_3.jpeg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Smoke shows a crowd pleaser LOL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
At the Pike's Peak Airstrip Attack, I was there for fun, that's all I did..

Smoke Shows

Frenchcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
t-r
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
@Speedy here is instructions for FE mount from Genpartsco. 1568932143602890581446549020897.jpg 1568932143602890581446549020897.jpg 1568932174570452045108097923181.jpg 15689322315103892382791123771875.jpg

Member ID
Reactions
City
Scottsdale
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
At the Pike's Peak Airstrip Attack, I was there for fun, that's all I did..

Smoke Shows
Is that the Shift Sector 1/2 mile event?

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Guys, what are we talking 20 pounds? Most of us could stand to lose that much. For me 15 pounds is just fine. What percent of your time is spent at the track. For me the Hellcat is a luxury performance car much like the Plymouth GTX and Buick GS were in the day. To me the lack of a rear seat detracts from that. Looks like a NASCAR wannabe.