Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Drag Radial causing uncontrollable shake

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
You could also have them move the tire on the wheel. It is crazy the tire manufactures but dots on tires to where they need to be mounted yet most shops don't line them up. At this point I would rotate the tires on the wheels and rebalance

sad

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartlesville
State
OK
Country
United States
tire can rotate on the rim each 1/4 mile run..... mark the tire's location next time you go just as a test.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Well I don’t know what happened...Saturday night everything was great at track along w 30 min drive home. Car sat on radials Sunday and Monday w a quick drive Monday evening. Yup the shimmy was back and this time only at 90mph. WTF. Removed, “inspected” and put stock rears on. Shimmy disappears and butter smooth. I’ve legit had it. Taking to same guy in AM and hopefully one of the tires is way off or the problem can be identified.
Sounds like the rims are spinning in the tires on the hit at the track to me as well. Mark then at the valve stem after a re balance and see

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Used to have horrible shake on my 16 with (cheap) aftermarket wheels. Got good ones, and vibration went away. Not saying that's your issue, just another perspective.
I will have more to post on just this very thing soon. Aftermarket is very dicey with sub-par quality.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Not always
I just had 2 new Nitto 315/35-20 NT555R2 mounted on 2 new Factory Reproduction Brass Monkey replicas and one took .75 oz to balance the other only .50 oz, I was impressed.
Had them up to 170 already, smooth as glass

OP
thefinalforum
Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Charles
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Thread Starter #26
Bravado’s on my first charger HC were seamless. This latest issue was in fact one of the wheels moving on the tire, well both actually, but one was only half inch while the other moved 80 flippin degrees. Last year I always marked on tire to see movement and it was so minimal that I didn’t mark at track last week. Just very disappointed. Billet told me beads were not necessary and only for bracket folks. Well well I’m no bracket enthusiast but I like when my shit functions as it was sold to me.