Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR ONESEAT DEMON WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
I had a shot to get one on ebay...white/black...99K ...early back in 2018

even at the time i knew it was a good move. just didn't have the space or enough conviction at the time lol. ill get one eventually.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #222
On Hellcat dot org a guy named Demon 1910 has one.
and on this board @1971demon has one

I bet the one on ebay didn't go cheap. What did it sell for?

according to what I've read/seen 16 one seaters were built (14 US, 2 Canada).

https://www.allpar.com/threads/demon-color-and-option-popularity.235446/

as for the crate. how did u get one so late? did dodge just have it sitting around waiting for this owner to ask for it? crazy...
The crate was never ordered. So, the CURRENT Owner of the car is able to order it. You just have to show proof of ownership. Plus, I have spoken to Kate before and she knows who I am and that I am not a scammer. No, they do not have them sitting around. In fact I had to wait a few weeks to order it, because they did not have all the parts they needed to fill the crates. I was told they are only going to build so many. So, I am thinking this might be the last batch that they assemble. I am glad I was able to get one knowing that. I knew this before I made the deal on the car and purchased the car. 1115211526.jpg

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
The crate was never ordered. So, the CURRENT Owner of the car is able to order it. You just have to show proof of ownership. Plus, I have spoken to Kate before and she knows who I am and that I am not a scammer. No, they do not have them sitting around. In fact I had to wait a few weeks to order it, because they did not have all the parts they needed to fill the crates. I was told they are only going to build so many. So, I am thinking this might be the last batch that they assemble. I am glad I was able to get one knowing that. I knew this before I made the deal on the car and purchased the car. View attachment 59539
I’d cover that with plastic to preserve the cardboard

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
So, is that bumper support still on the car?

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I can't wait. It will be my first passes with the car set for a Personal Best. I will leave early and take my time. I literally pull at 65 most of the time.
It's a small world, I met a guy named Justin that was at my neighbor's house & my neighbor brought up that I have a Hellcat & we got to talking & he said his uncle Ron has a Demon, so after all that I knew he was talking about you.
Justin says hi, LOL, & he wants to come on track day but is so busy he may not have the time. You may have to work on that.

Robert

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #226
So, is that bumper support still on the car?
I did not touch it. I am too much of a safety freak. I do not want to do anything that will affect the structural integrity of the car in a crash. It might mean the difference between getting a mild concussion VS a frame rail being pushed through my chest. Not really a hard choice.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #227
It's a small world, I met a guy named Justin that was at my neighbor's house & my neighbor brought up that I have a Hellcat & we got to talking & he said his uncle Ron has a Demon, so after all that I knew he was talking about you.
Justin says hi, LOL, & he wants to come on track day but is so busy he may not have the time. You may have to work on that.

Robert
Justin is my favorite Nephew. He has an amazing family. I have been to his house once to visit on one of my trips and we went out to a Mexican food Restaurant that I really liked. He has been invited to LOD. And, yes, he has been busy with work. Slim chance he will come this year since he works at a hospital. Very slim. I will be there for a week killing time between Brian's event and LOD. I will likely let him know and let him choose a time and go visit him. Only thing is, I will be staying in BayTown and he is in Katy. Traffic is dodoo at dinner time. Maybe he will choose a lunch!

Yes, it is amazing you met him by chance. So absolutely cool.

Another story: When I was racing years ago in Woodburn with my 71 Demon, I had Family in the stands. My second Cousin's Husband kept elbowing everybody he sat next to and he would point me out saying "We're RELATED". woodburn logo.jpg

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Justin is my favorite Nephew. He has an amazing family. I have been to his house once to visit on one of my trips and we went out to a Mexican food Restaurant that I really liked. He has been invited to LOD. And, yes, he has been busy with work. Slim chance he will come this year since he works at a hospital. Very slim. I will be there for a week killing time between Brian's event and LOD. I will likely let him know and let him choose a time and go visit him. Only thing is, I will be staying in BayTown and he is in Katy. Traffic is dodoo at dinner time. Maybe he will choose a lunch!

Another story: When I was racing years ago in Woodburn with my 71 Demon, I had Family in the stands. My second Cousin's Husband kept elbowing everybody he sat next to and he would point me out saying "We're RELATED". View attachment 59573
Very cool & that's how Justin probably knows my neighbor Keith, his wife Angie is a nurse so they probably work at the same hospital.
I live in Katy also btw.

So LOD is the next w/e after Brian's track day ?

I wouldn't mind going to LOD too if I had an invite. ;)
Of course, just to watch & help in the pits if needed.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
We do love our Mexican food around here :)

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock

Another story: When I was racing years ago in Woodburn with my 71 Demon, I had Family in the stands. My second Cousin's Husband kept elbowing everybody he sat next to and he would point me out saying "We're RELATED". View attachment 59573
Ron had one just like it 71 Demon 340 it was stock but pretty darn quick!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #232
Very cool & that's how Justin probably knows my neighbor Keith, his wife Angie is a nurse so they probably work at the same hospital.
I live in Katy also btw.

So LOD is the next w/e after Brian's track day ?

I wouldn't mind going to LOD too if I had an invite.
;)
Of course, just to watch & help in the pits if needed.
Yes. PM sent.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’d cover that with plastic to preserve the cardboard
I think it's safe to say Ron will USE that crate. It won't be hermetically sealed for the next 30 years!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #234
I think it's safe to say Ron will USE that crate. It won't be hermetically sealed for the next 30 years!
Respectfully, you are likely wrong. When I got my Demon I called right away to get the crate and was told the crate ordering was on hold at the moment. She did not really give me an idea if any would ever be made available again or not. So, I was bummed out. But, being the person that I am I immediately started to figure out how to get my hands on a Crate PCM and the Center Stack to get the HO button. I was considering asking a few Guys that do not race if I could borrow them. I even thought about asking members on here in a special thread. But I also went to the info I had saved and got the Part Numbers and placed an order with the same Dealer Chrysler Jeep Dodge City of McKinney TX that I buy all my harness parts from (as well as other stuff). I just placed the order cold turkey and included the Demon VIN where applicable. Believe it or not, the Center Stack AND PCM were in the local Mopar Parts Warehouse. The Center stack was delivered the next day to the Dealership and the PCM took a couple more days because they had to verify Ownership. They did not ask for any more documentation. I think they vouched for me because I am a long-time customer. I literally had the stuff in just over a week, and then had it installed not long after that. So, I did not want to wait for the possibility of getting a crate and now I literally do not need anything inside that crate. I also am not the kind of person to display things. So, it is likely that crate will never be opened by me. What IS cool, is the fact that the Name Plate and the Dash AC vent have my name on them even though I did not order the car or buy it new.

Yes, the crate is now covered by a piece of HD cardboard so it will not be damaged if I set something on it (Right Center in this pic).

1214211437.jpg

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Respectfully, you are likely wrong. When I got my Demon I called right away to get the crate and was told the crate ordering was on hold at the moment. She did not really give me an idea if any would ever be made available again or not. So, I was bummed out. But, being the person that I am I immediately started to figure out how to get my hands on a Crate PCM and the Center Stack to get the HO button. I was considering asking a few Guys that do not race if I could borrow them. I even thought about asking members on here in a special thread. But I also went to the info I had saved and got the Part Numbers and placed an order with the same Dealer Chrysler Jeep Dodge City of McKinney TX that I buy all my harness parts from (as well as other stuff). I just placed the order cold turkey and included the Demon VIN where applicable. Believe it or not, the Center Stack AND PCM were in the local Mopar Parts Warehouse. The Center stack was delivered the next day to the Dealership and the PCM took a couple more days because they had to verify Ownership. They did not ask for any more documentation. I think they vouched for me because I am a long-time customer. I literally had the stuff in just over a week, and then had it installed not long after that. So, I did not want to wait for the possibility of getting a crate and now I literally do not need anything inside that crate. I also am not the kind of person to display things. So, it is likely that crate will never be opened by me. What IS cool, is the fact that the Name Plate and the Dash AC vent have my name on them even though I did not order the car or buy it new.

Yes, the crate is now covered by a piece of HD cardboard so it will not be damaged if I set something on it (Right Center in this pic).

View attachment 59647
Awesome. What I did NOT know was that you had the ECU and center stack. So your response makes perfect sense. If you didn't have either then maybe that box would already be opened, lol! Anyhow, good stuff. It's a 10K+ item at least but if you do ever sell it really is key to have it.

What's interesting is that you may have opened a door for non-Demon owners to get the ECU and center stack if they "know someone" at a dealership. Providing a Demon Vin should be too hard since all Vins have been published already (Resume speed days).

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #236
Awesome. What I did NOT know was that you had the ECU and center stack. So your response makes perfect sense. If you didn't have either then maybe that box would already be opened, lol! Anyhow, good stuff. It's a 10K+ item at least but if you do ever sell it really is key to have it.

What's interesting is that you may have opened a door for non-Demon owners to get the ECU and center stack if they "know someone" at a dealership. Providing a Demon Vin should be too hard since all Vins have been published already (Resume speed days).
Oh, yeah. If I needed THOSE parts I would have tore that sucker open right away. In other cases I have been asked for photos of registration, of the VIN on the dash, proof of insurance, and utility bills all with my name on them. So, either they are becoming more lax, or my parts guy had a relationship with the person at corporate or they believed him when he told them he knows me and knows I am a Demon Guy and trustworthy. They know the times I have raced at Ennis and we have talked about them coming out to see me race etc. They are a bunch of great Guys. I was happy when that order went through without a hitch, but not too surprised. 0913211501a.jpg

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #237
OK, if the NHRA Cage rule mimics the IHRA version exactly then I am making some changes. There are definately some undefined aspects. But I am going to run with it. Maybe I am jumping the gun.

I sent back the brand new Bell Sport Mag open face helmet and got a Bell K1 Sport full face. But the rule that was posted did not say it has to be full face. General ET Bracket rules say you do. And, I had to look this one up. I removed the face shield. For this catagory Vehicle it says face shield "permitted". But, again, that is if a full face Helmet is required. Maybe jumping the gun, but in a safer way.

I printed and filled out as much as I can, my NHRA license application. I am going to knock out my license runs at Brian's event or the Legion of Demons. I do not even know if a License is required because the Text of the Rule that was posted did not say. It was the person that posted, that said it. But I am going for it anyways.

I purchased 3-2A/5 Pants. I already had the Jacket and Neck Collar.
If they do follow ET Bracket Clothing rules to the "T", then I will need Gloves.

Also there is only so much money in the racing budget. And, I do not want 4 sets of wheels and tires. So I decided to sell my OEM Demon wheels and tires. Tires are new but the wheels are only "driver" quality. They are real Demon wheels with TPMS and center caps, but just not all that nice or perfect. I am also selling the Forgestar Skinnies and the Other 2 Demon Wheels with the 29.5/11.5R18 Hoosier Drag Bracket Radials. And then..........

I bought another set of Win Lites. With the correct rear wheel back spacing this time. On them will go the new ET STREET 28X6.00R18 DOT approved Front tires and the rears will be 315/50R17 ET STREET R's.

I hate letting my OEM stuff go but I will now be left with 2 amazing setups. Should not be a problem because I do hope to never sell the car. And, if someone wants this ONE SEAT car with high miles I am thinking they will be racing it. So maybe an advantage to be on the Win Lites? Not sure..... 7413.jpeg

hell on wheels

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Billet Specialties
Distributor

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
The crate was never ordered. So, the CURRENT Owner of the car is able to order it. You just have to show proof of ownership. Plus, I have spoken to Kate before and she knows who I am and that I am not a scammer. No, they do not have them sitting around. In fact I had to wait a few weeks to order it, because they did not have all the parts they needed to fill the crates. I was told they are only going to build so many. So, I am thinking this might be the last batch that they assemble. I am glad I was able to get one knowing that. I knew this before I made the deal on the car and purchased the car. View attachment 59539
Came very close to losing our house in the Colorado Marshall fires this week. The crate would have been torched too. Might have had to hit you up for a sale! :) Thankfully it never came to that. Though, how we saved the Demon (and Viper from possible firey destruction) is a story unto itself!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Came very close to losing our house in the Colorado Marshall fires this week. The crate would have been torched too. Might have had to hit you up for a sale! :) Thankfully it never came to that. Though, how we saved the Demon (and Viper from possible firey destruction) is a story unto itself!
Let's hear it, in a thread.