Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR ONESEAT DEMON WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #361
Those Knuckleheads at Irwindale are unbelievable. I am pretty sure where this is coming from. I saw the former lead Tech official there a week before they published the rule change to allow 14 and newer to run down to 9.0 and 150 and I said "it's pretty cool they are going to change the rule now and now we can run 9.0 etc.". He said to me "No Fucking way are they ever going to change that rule. You are dreaming". Well, he is obviously against this for some reason. And HE is the one they call when they need a clarification and I bet he even contacted them to institute his own bias into the equation.

So, if you want to license there and take advantage of the new Rule with your Demon they will ONLY allow you to go for a SL license and they want you to use their own abbreviated form. Even though the regular Competition License form has clearly indicated places to check for the SL license. And if you want to get an ET license then they say you have to put ALL the regular safety equipment in the car, a stock Demon. A Roll Cage, window net etc. And I am assuming the upgraded Driver Clothing requirements too.

Complete Bullcrap. I understand the concept but I am not buying it at all. If the car is completely legal there, at the time, to run below 6.40 and the requirements for an ET license mirror the SL license you should be able to go for that category too. The ability you are demonstrating and the ET's are the same for both categories.

Now, if you want to get a license for a Pro Stock car then that would be a different matter. Also, if you took your ET license and went to run 9.45 @ 138 MPH in an ET Bracket Race the CAR would need the cage, battery disconnect etc. and the Driver should have a 2 layer jacket, full face helmet etc. Of course.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I've dealt with a lot of tech officials at a lot of tracks over the years, typically not the sharpest knives in the drawer. It's an unfortunate reality with both sanctioning bodies.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have seen both, the one's that make their own rules and the others, run what you brung
Knew one that stopped teching because he was about the book but the track wanted everyone to be able to run. He felt it was on him if they got hurt and he couldn't do it. I think if the car had a cage it was one thing. It was the cars that could run into the 8s with not even a roll bar or any safety equipment

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
This is why I always copy and carry any rule revisions in the car.
Went through this last night with a buddies Super Stock.
Made 11 hits from 6.18-6.30 without a word from tech.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Good reason not too go there anymore!

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
Those Knuckleheads at Irwindale are unbelievable. I am pretty sure where this is coming from. I saw the former lead Tech official there a week before they published the rule change to allow 14 and newer to run down to 9.0 and 150 and I said "it's pretty cool they are going to change the rule now and now we can run 9.0 etc.". He said to me "No Fucking way are they ever going to change that rule. You are dreaming". Well, he is obviously against this for some reason. And HE is the one they call when they need a clarification and I bet he even contacted them to institute his own bias into the equation.

So, if you want to license there and take advantage of the new Rule with your Demon they will ONLY allow you to go for a SL license and they want you to use their own abbreviated form. Even though the regular Competition License form has clearly indicated places to check for the SL license. And if you want to get an ET license then they say you have to put ALL the regular safety equipment in the car, a stock Demon. A Roll Cage, window net etc. And I am assuming the upgraded Driver Clothing requirements too.

Complete Bullcrap. I understand the concept but I am not buying it at all. If the car is completely legal there, at the time, to run below 6.40 and the requirements for an ET license mirror the SL license you should be able to go for that category too. The ability you are demonstrating and the ET's are the same for both categories.

Now, if you want to get a license for a Pro Stock car then that would be a different matter. Also, if you took your ET license and went to run 9.45 @ 138 MPH in an ET Bracket Race the CAR would need the cage, battery disconnect etc. and the Driver should have a 2 layer jacket, full face helmet etc. Of course.
i thought thats why you left that commi state

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #367
i thought thats why you left that commi state
Yes but I still race there because that's where all my friends go most of the time. I already have my license. I actually let Hellcat Dan use my car to do his license passes. So I was able to watch the car go down the track. But I also was helping get all the paperwork done/signed etc.....

One interesting thing about this car. It rips the tires loose on the 1-2 shift. Even those big Hoosier Drag Bracket Radials. It did it on both of the full passes that he did. NO HICCUPS. The car ran 6.30 and 6.29 both at over 110.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #368
Working on a couple sets of light weight seat brackets for some friends. This stuff is light !

0529221022.jpg

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
From here it looks like you are really enjoying having that shop out back! It's amazing how many chips a guy can put on the floor if he has a place to do it. ;)

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #370
From here it looks like you are really enjoying having that shop out back! It's amazing how many chips a guy can put on the floor if he has a place to do it. ;)
I volunteered to do this because I had just made a set for my own car and bragged about how light they were. I already knew where all the cut lines are and the size hole cutters to use etc. It was STILL a lot of work. I even went the extra mile and broke out the die grinder and carbide cutter to make the one edge nice (where I could not access it on a belt sander). I still have not and do not intend to replace my metal cutting band saw, TIG welder and OX Acetylene setup, 80 gal air compressor and home made bead blast cabinet, 20 ton press with hoards of arbors and engine hoist. Now I have to make due with a table top Drill press. And I miss my HD Metal weld/fabrication table/Vise. Now I make due with a Heavy folding table.
0516221712 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Who makes a good set of trailer tires?
I would like to replace my original west lakes
I had one separate on the road.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #372
My Trailer is a very good brand. It came with Trailer King tires and I thought they were very good. I did not have very good luck with them as far as wear and holding up to flats etc. But I like the Goodyear Endurance I have now way better. They get almost all good reviews. I have had them long enough now to feel confident in my reccomendation.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Get 14 or 16 ply steel belted radials. They are called “All Steel”. Just search that on Amazon and you will find them. They even have 2 ply steel belted sidewalls. They are bulletproof proof. Even if you run over something significant enough to get a flat… they will not go down and come apart. Only tire I will buy for my trailer.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #374
Get 14 or 16 ply steel belted radials. They are called “All Steel”. Just search that on Amazon and you will find them. They even have 2 ply steel belted sidewalls. They are bulletproof proof. Even if you run over something significant enough to get a flat… they will not go down and come apart. Only tire I will buy for my trailer.
I just looked at those. I will likely get those next time. Thanks @Marc W

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
67744AF2-358D-4083-9F7B-9DFC0F1B3618.png
these the ones?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
That’s one of what I was talking about. I would shop all the different choices in that catagory. The 14 ply all steel radial is basically a high end tire compared to the sea of trailer tire crap. One of the things I saw is they don’t roll over onto the sidewall when cornering. Something that happens with heavy dual and especially triple axle trailers. I am a big believer in a tpms for these trailers. If one starts going down…. You want to know it.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
That’s one of what I was talking about. I would shop all the different choices in that catagory. The 14 ply all steel radial is basically a high end tire compared to the sea of trailer tire crap. One of the things I saw is they don’t roll over onto the sidewall when cornering. Something that happens with heavy dual and especially triple axle trailers. I am a big believer in a tpms for these trailers. If one starts going down…. You want to know it.
Which tpms monitor is the best?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Which tpms monitor is the best?
These things range from $50 to over $300 on Amazon so I doubt what I have is “best” but I’ve been impressed with this one. I’ve had it for going on two years and it works flawlessly. It uses 12v plug-in power and the screen is clearly visible in the sun on the dash. It’s simple and has never dropped a signal on a tire so no false alarms. Maybe I got lucky but for $70, it works for me. 398CBD68-A073-43D7-8A1A-F3B98A434C3E.jpeg

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #379
Times from this last Thursday. DA at 5pm was 2900 and went down to 1600 at 10 pm.
Runs from last Thursday.
5:35 pm 6.363 1.434 109.75
7:33 pm 6.316 1.416 110.26
8:13 pm 6.302 1.413 110.55
8:49 pm 6.317 1.413 110.34
9:22 pm 6.275 1.412 110.87
Yes it did 3 sixty foots in a row within .001
This car is working really good right now. Can't wait until January Legion of Demons in Houston.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #380
Dropping this off in a couple hours in Crandon WI. It is a 24' tall heavy Bitch.
0618221546a.jpg 0618221547.jpg