Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR RED EYES

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I never looked at those gauges. I only look at the race cooldown after run trend screen. You can easily call it up while driving. When in the after run sequence with the engine off the temp will move down slowly and it will never get to ambient. It's can't if you think about it. If you are Driving and in Drag Mode on a Demon the line will initially move down at a 45 deg angle. And then it will end up somewhere between 10 and 30 deg below ambient. If you are sitting idling for 10 minutes in the summer it might creep up above ambient a few Deg. But, once you start driving it will go back down. This is why the car will get quicker during the run cycles we do at the Legion of Demons. We do 3 runs back to back without stopping.
Good to know, sounds fun. It helps on the course too. Except at WOT it works I understand. We will note next weekend how much cooler it keeps it under ambient. I really like the cool down feature on the Redeye also, because we bring them in so hot after 15-20 minutes of running the living shit out of it.

Hope it works at 500 miles Ron. I can't say if mine did. I was like you, and just listened to it kick the system in.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I tested it again today. I get no cooling when in Track Mode. I also went to run with my foot off the brake and listened closely and the fuel pumps run for about 4 seconds and then stop. Hit the button and she barked to life just like she should. Great. I also did the same on a warm start and it started right up. Tomorrow I will just do an immediate start and see if we are back to the slow start deal. If so I suspect a leaky fuel injector, leaky check valve (or fuel pump foot valve) or a leaky fuel rail pressure regulator. Easy diagnosis for a good Tech.
Definitely sounds like loosing prime forwards or backward, good diagnosis. If forwards best to resolve sooner than later
depending on how much is going south to rings and walls. .02

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #123
X
X

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
This is what my car did using the chiller on 3 back to back runs, I tried hitting it a little harder on each launch. They were all withing about 15 minutes total. I kept spinning a little and having to feather the gas a bit...I have 60-footed in the high 1.5s so was trying for that, but I don’t think it will 60 foot much lower than that on a 275 drag radials, unless there's killer track prep which is rare here LOL. Car definitely doesn’t fade when you run it!

Attachments

Last edited:

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
This screen is way different than my Demon, that was a 2018 model. Not sure if it's the same as the 19's or not. But apparently you have to enable the power chiller while in the race options screen in SRT Dashboard........There you go......I hope that it stays in whatever mode you choose. On the Demon the Power Chiller was considered an automatically enabled feature that came on when you entered Drag Mode. You could not turn it on or off.
. View attachment 16331
@DGatzby @coolblue @Maxboost @jgilj @HRJ
I think I had that page but my programming is now all demon.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
This screen is way different than my Demon, that was a 2018 model. Not sure if it's the same as the 19's or not. But apparently you have to enable the power chiller while in the race options screen in SRT Dashboard........There you go......I hope that it stays in whatever mode you choose. On the Demon the Power Chiller was considered an automatically enabled feature that came on when you entered Drag Mode. You could not turn it on or off.
. View attachment 16331
Same constraint except the RE must be in 100% Track Mode. I am sure the tuners can change all of that, but it won't do squat with the chiller unless it is the Track Mode. I believe we cannot even customize Track Mode, if I remember right?

Have fun, Ron, we want to see just how quick you can make it. Couple of us others are going to confuse them when they can't pull their track cars away from the screaming Redeye's, and actually have to wave us around them soon!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
This is what my car did using the chiller on 3 back to back runs, I tried hitting it a little harder on each launch. They were all withing about 15 minutes total. I kept spinning a little and having to feather the gas a bit...I have 60-footed in the high 1.5s so was trying for that, but I don’t think it will 60 foot much lower than that on a 275 drag radials, unless there's killer track prep which is rare here LOL. Car definitely doesn’t fade when you run it!
You can see that altitude effecting that top end! Nice work.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
. View attachment 16331
My 2019 Redeye screen doesn't look like that. I don't have a chiller button to activate. The only way to activate the chiller in a Redeye (2019) is by going in track mode as @DGatzby said. I even tried using custom mode and putting all the selections to track and it still wouldn't work. Track only for chiller in a 19' Redeye. I have no clue if that has changed for 2020.

One of the reasons I considered getting HO mode for my Redeye, was for Drag mode and the use of the chiller in it.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
X2 what MaxC said.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #130
X

Last edited:
OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #131
X

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Nice touch.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
My 2019 Redeye screen doesn't look like that. I don't have a chiller button to activate. The only way to activate the chiller in a Redeye (2019) is by going in track mode as @DGatzby said. I even tried using custom mode and putting all the selections to track and it still wouldn't work. Track only for chiller in a 19' Redeye. I have no clue if that has changed for 2020.

One of the reasons I considered getting HO mode for my Redeye, was for Drag mode and the use of the chiller in it.
X2 what MaxC said.
Yes, I find the same thing.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #134
X

Last edited:

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Also : The car started flawlessly today every time and I did not go to run first. I just hit the button with my foot on the brake pedal like normal. And I was still on the assembly line fuel. So I was wrong. And I hate that. So far, the car apparently DID fix it's self. Not sure if the fuel system is holding pressure better now or just maybe it has something to do with the fact that nearly nothing was done to the car as far as dealer prep. I think they just took it out of shipping mode and gave it to me. SO HAPPY it is working right now (Starting).
It healed itself for you! I tried reading back, but for the new kids here...how are you getting the chiller on without the trans being in track mode?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #136
X

Last edited:

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
When you press the SRT Button you land on a screen that is called the "SRT Dashboard". On that screen there is a button to turn on the Power Chiller. It is now a manually enabled feature for 2020 and can be enabled any time you want.. This used to be an automatically enabled feature and was enabled only in the Track Driving mode. This is one of the very few things I truly hated about the RedEye. And apparently some people complained or they did focus group sessions, and they listened. Almost hard to believe. I need to pinch myself.......

Now we need to find out if there is an over the air update for the 19's or possibly an update the dealer can flash for you guys.
Agreed. If you hear about an update I'd love to do that to my 19'. The chiller only working in track mode annoys me. At the track I've kept my car in track mode, until burnout box, where I switch it to custom mode. I'd rather just have a button like that.

I've asked about it on FB HC group to see if anyone has any answers about it. I'll update if I hear about a flash/Air update fix.

Last edited:

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Agreed. If you hear about an update I'd love to do that to my 19'. The chiller only working in track mode annoys me. At the track I've kept my car in track mode, until burnout box, where I switch it to custom mode. I'd rather just have a button like that.
MaxCarnage I’m with you all the way!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
When you press the SRT Button you land on a screen that is called the "SRT Dashboard". On that screen there is a button to turn on the Power Chiller. It is now a manually enabled feature for 2020 and can be enabled any time you want.. This used to be an automatically enabled feature and was enabled only in the Track Driving mode. This is one of the very few things I truly hated about the RedEye. And apparently some people complained or they did focus group sessions, and they listened. Almost hard to believe. I need to pinch myself.......

Now we need to find out if there is an over the air update for the 19's or possibly an update the dealer can flash for you guys.
And I thought you just had them make you a very special car. Of course I agree, that would be a great flash update.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye

I am truly surprised they made a change in programming for the 2020 models. I guess you're right about complaints or focus group. They wouldn't spend more money for RD even for a relatively small single change like if there weren't significant complaints or preferences. Wonder if anything else is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.