Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR REDEYE REBUTTAL

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #21
Good luck Ron hoping all will work out for you to buy your next Fassst Fun Challenger XX....hoping it's SS!:cool:

I guess the non thrill of the widebody would be loading up into your trailer.
It least that would be for me.
We had a single place trailer that was a little less wide than then another one, but it was actually the better trailer.
( I'm going to give it to Kate, once I get John's Drag Pak out of it:)

Anyway, once my 2010 Challenger up we had to climb out the window.

Linda :)
You got that right Linda. I was looking forward to easier Trailer Loading. And now if I get a S/S I am right back where I started from. Plus now I have to sell all my Narrow Body Wheels/Tires and re purchase.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I have followed most race posts from all, I’m am intrigued with the knowledge, and passion that drives these (should I say harder core guys and yes gals “Linda” that all have ideas many very cool ideas to improve, test, retest, prove out sometimes without initial success and cycle through the last 3 tasks again and again, until the desired result is achieved, it’s all because it’s in the blood, it’s what flips our switch. You have all brought good shit to the forum. Sometimes we don’t agree on every thing, that’s ok. Who the hell can agree with every one all the time, certainly not me. But I know if we were all to take it to personal or to far we would all be silent in our own corner in isolation. That is definitely not where this Unique forum should be. I look forward to posts again with fresh ideas especialy with new products “Ron” your up man waiting to see what this SS has in it based on your demon and RE ETs I think we’re going find out what can be wrung out of it. Phast Hemis your ETs and consistency says it all man, keep her going. Linda you and John were their from the beginning, pioneering and setting crazy records early on. Cole your on a mission to go so fast I think time travel is within reach, with Mark W not far behind and something steetable no less. Just so you know I have had pop corn cooking And beer chilling watching the projects evolve and get screwed together, then tested. it’s been a cool trip. Let’s ALL KEEP going down that fun road/Drag strip we all like to travel AY, LOL that one was for Canada. PS I know I could list many, many, many more racers on this site, I just listed some on the previous posts and tossed in a couple others for good measure no offense if I omitted someone with passion that pretty much includes most if not all of us.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I have followed most race posts from all, I’m am intrigued with the knowledge, and passion that drives these (should I say harder core guys and yes gals “Linda” that all have ideas many very cool ideas to improve, test, retest, prove out sometimes without initial success and cycle through the last 3 tasks again and again, until the desired result is achieved, it’s all because it’s in the blood, it’s what flips our switch. You have all brought good shit to the forum. Sometimes we don’t agree on every thing, that’s ok. Who the hell can agree with every one all the time, certainly not me. But I know if we were all to take it to personal or to far we would all be silent in our own corner in isolation. That is definitely not where this Unique forum should be. I look forward to posts again with fresh ideas especialy with new products “Ron” your up man waiting to see what this SS has in it based on your demon and RE ETs I think we’re going find out what can be wrung out of it. Phast Hemis your ETs and consistency says it all man, keep her going. Linda you and John were their from the beginning, pioneering and setting crazy records early on. Cole your on a mission to go so fast I think time travel is within reach, with Mark W not far behind and something steetable no less. Just so you know I have had pop corn cooking And beer chilling watching the projects evolve and get screwed together, then tested. it’s been a cool trip. Let’s ALL KEEP going down that fun road/Drag strip we all like to travel AY, LOL that one was for Canada. PS I know I could list many, many, many more racers on this site, I just listed some on the previous posts and tossed in a couple others for good measure no offense if I omitted someone with passion that pretty much includes most if not all of us.
It's spelled Eh! Btw😉🤣🤣
The effort does not go unappreciated. 😀

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #24
If my information is correct, something might happen tomorrow morning, I will start a new thread that will eventually get trashed and locked. So maybe not so much effort this time.............

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
If my information is correct, something might happen tomorrow morning, I will start a new thread that will eventually get trashed and locked. So maybe not so much effort this time.............
Ron, lots of us look forward to input and information from other members like you. Please have a more positive outlook and attitude today. All will go better!:)

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
^^^...100% agree!

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
TRX launch edition! Race a truck!!! ;)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
No shit! Now that could be a great tow vehicle also.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #29
Ron, lots of us look forward to input and information from other members like you. Please have a more positive outlook and attitude today. All will go better!:)
I was being sarcastic. I just wish this site was more like FB. On my fan page I can delete anything I want. And you know what? In 3 years I have only deleted 2 comments and one was purely for foul language. I guaranty certain folks never go in there because they know their meanness will just get deleted. Hence the lack of problems. Here I have asked the Mods for help but nothing. I guess if you don’t cross a certain line then it is free game. That is why I went in those threads and started voicing my opinion and sticking up for myself which I HATE doing.

Anyhow, I was successful this morning and will start a S/S thread shortly. Only a 3 day window to order. Do it by close of business on Friday or you will be a 21.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #30
If I had money this would be on my list. As well as a Harley and a Jeep. I asked and he said they were putting in TRX orders starting yesterday!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was being sarcastic. I just wish this site was more like FB. On my fan page I can delete anything I want. And you know what? In 3 years I have only deleted 2 comments and one was purely for foul language. I guaranty certain folks never go in there because they know their meanness will just get deleted. Hence the lack of problems. Here I have asked the Mods for help but nothing. I guess if you don’t cross a certain line then it is free game. That is why I went in those threads and started voicing my opinion and sticking up for myself which I HATE doing.

Anyhow, I was successful this morning and will start a S/S thread shortly. Only a 3 day window to order. Do it by close of business on Friday or you will be a 21.
Good luck with it. I thought the blue RE was stud the way you put the wheels and tires on it. Looking forward to your next creation!

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye

Congrats on the new Super Stock!!! Did they deal on it? Color is the hardest option decision, what did you choose - Hellraisin?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #33
I am going to bump this thread because is donned on me what my differences with Phast Hemi were actually. Hopefully this can be understood better.

He said not to blame the car and that it was my setup. Tire pressure, the way I was driving the car and track conditions. And in one respect I totally agree with this. I agree. Because with my Demon this did happen from time to time so I agree his car would do this (hiccup) and could be cured by tire pressure, driving style and track conditions. So, I have first hand knowledge and experience with what he was saying. The issue is, the problem with the Frostbite RedEye was different. It was not tire pressure or track conditions or a minor hiccup like my Demon and Phast Hemi's car would sometimes have. None of those things were going to change what that car was doing. It literally was not shifting. It was not a minor hiccup.

January this year, my Demon made some amazing passes in TX. I went to 3 private track rentals and one public event in 2 weeks. The car ran 9.64 and a couple 143 mph's in positive 250 DA at Ennis and then the next weekend did 9.55 at HRP. But it also struggled with the Hiccup all through the Legion of Demons event the next weekend and it was especially frustrating because I did have some -1000 to -1600 DA.

So, in January there were 2 scenerios where the Demon had a Hiccup and both were caused and cured by different things.

#1, I went to Extreme Raceway Park on Sunday Jan 5 at 3 pm. I was excited because I have never been there and this is my Friend Herman Troy Young's (Demonology) home track and I called him and he was coming out to see me and hang out a little bit. Anyhow I was on the Hoosiers and all was good at first. Well as time went on the car started to hiccup and of course that slows it down. So it was not putting up good numbers. It was so bad I literally was trying everything. I tried 16 all the way up to 22 psi in the tires. It got to the point I honestly thought something was wrong with the car. I was thinking I would need to try and find a dealer and did not know that area etc. Completely bummed. THEN I learned a valuable lesson. I remember when that track first opened and Herman made videos interviewing the track owner/manager etc. They were so on point other tracks would sent their employees there to learn how to prep the track. The prep was supposed to some of the best in the country. Well, this is what happened. At 7PM after dark I was sitting and waiting to run and all of a sudden they were prepping the track right in front of me. I am not sure if Herman had something to do with this etc. So the track is on point and they bring me up and not only that, they want me to run a single. Sort of like here is this guy from California with this Demon out here lets see what he can do. I did my burnout, staged and the car went 6.16 @ 111 in +400 DA and NO HICCUP.!!! IT WAS THE TRACK PREP and there was absolutely nothing wrong with my setup, driving or the car. BTW, 6.16 is what the Demon ran when Dodge set the record.

#2, During the whole Legion of Demons 3 day Event we had amazing prep. Many times they trailer sprayed the whole track right in front of me. When you have one of the fastest Demons you get all the prime conditions including the best prep and DA. My car had run 9.55 the weekend before at -500 DA but this whole weekend I struggled. Hiccup after Hiccup and it did not matter how good the track was or what tire pressure I ran. I was trying different fuel , different tire pressures and I even tried adding weight to the trunk GASP! The weight had no effect on the hiccup whatsoever. This is when I had all that amazing DA etc. This is where Nephtali and Catherine were able to run 9.504 and 9.52 etc. I think my best in the best DA was a 9.58 with the Hiccup. I struggled ALL weekend. What was happening definately was not track prep or tire pressure (I tried everything). It was the GOOD DA and the fact that the car was accelerating faster and the predicitive nature of the adaptives. I learned a hard lesson on this one too. On the 3rd day at noon I decided to reset the adaptives on the car. Disconnected the battery cables and shorted them together for 60 seconds. The car immediatley stopped the hiccup and then it was actually spinning the slicks when locking up the converter etc. (but no hiccup) The car went from high 9.60's and 9.70's to 7 straight passes 9.64 to 9.59 dispite having 1000 foot WORSE DA and they had actually stopped prepping the track. So the prep was going downhill and I could tell. This is one of my biggest racing regrets. Not resetting those adaptives. With the lightweight race tires/wheels and the much better DA the car was accelerating so much faster it just thought it was going to over rev every time. Withought all those hiccups I feel the car would have easily bettered the 9.55 from the week before and maybe I could have kept up with the others dispite not having a gutted interior. But I don't have any time slips to prove it.

One of the Legions Mambers bought my Demon from the Dealer I sold it to. So I will possibly get to make some passes in it someday at a Legions event.

Also the RedEye Super Stock I am getting WILL have the Z-Automotive Double Bypass cable installed and that will allow me to data log, trouble shoot codes and reset adaptives any time I want to with the HPTuners MPVI2 tool and software on my laptop. So, when I know I am going to race in substantially different conditions that will be something that I will probably add to my routine. Or I will at least be ready if I have any problems.

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
that was a lot to read but informative

words-are-cool.jpg o read but

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #35
I am going to bump this thread because I was able to data log another 19 RedEye today. And I was SHOCKED! I am teling you guys there was something wrong with my Frostbite car OR, FCA missed it on the OEM Tune.

This Guy is running E-85 and he has all the normal weight reduction and is running the 315/50's with 3.09's and running on my home track where I made all my passes before I sold that car.

His Car does the typical Hellcat short shift out of first gear. It commands the 1-2 shift at 4750 and the shift limits the rpm to no more than 5400 before it pulls the rpm down and completes the shift. ALL other shifts occur at 6225-6275 ish.

So this car has a little more power than stock and has weight reduction similar to my car had and it is MILES away from a Hiccup.

This is similar to Markp who also has a 19. So I have now seen data logs from Two 19 RedEyes and they BOTH short shift the 1-2 shift.

I really hope the folks at FCA took the info I provided them and come out with a new Calibration for all the 2020 owners that race their cars etc.

Last edited:

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If hes running e85 then its tuned and the tuner would or should tune the trans to shift like they wanted right?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #37
If hes running e85 then its tuned and the tuner would or should tune the trans to shift like they wanted right?
He is running the piggyback system that intercepts the signal to the injectors and changes the duty cycle to match the E-85 content. So he gets to take advantage of the higher octane (no timing pulled due to knock) and the cooling effect of the fuel but there is no tune. I mentioned this because he likely has a little more power than stock and that could challenge the 1-2 shift more.

I was told by FCA that the changes I made to the Frostbite car could have caused the Hiccup or possibly made it worse. Anything that would make the car accelerate faster would not allow enough time for the car to complete the shift in time. Changes such as weight reduction, shorter tires or lower gears, or adding power somehow.

Yes I did weight reduction, but not extreme = Bad. But I ran 1.5" taller tires/gears = good. I think I had more power than usual based on my mph = Bad. But my motor and tune were pure stock. All I did was run Sonoco SS100 and run a dry Demon Air filter, a factory part. Based on something I just discovered on my S/S build sheet and I also had that same notation on the Frostbite car and did not find it on random 2020 redeyes I compared to. "Special Scheduling Condition VII". I was told the Frostbite car would get special attention too and I recently realized that car did have exceptional paint. I also think they picked out a strong motor. So if they are going to run the TCM tune right on the ragged edge then they need to throw away all the good motors! At least FCA got all my feedback through the different channels. I even sent them data logs. Maybe they can write a more flexible TCM tune so the guys that want to race regular RedEyes will not have issues.

The thing about that hiccup is the car acted like it was never going to shift at all to second gear. It literally did nothing until it closed the throttle and it did the same exact thing every time. It was quite shocking when it happened. And tuning it to raise the rev limits did not fix it. It was still seeing 6625 rpm on the 1-2 shift before the closing throttle would get ahold of it. Next step was to re tune it for a lower RPM shift point and put the rev limits back. But then I sold it to get the S/S.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Makes sense. In my custom tune I have those values pushed out far enough to not hit them but safe enough I won't over rev it to the moon on accident.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
OMG, I took my RE out a couple of weeks ago and it did the hickup a bit between 1-2 and then BIG TIME between 2-3. It was so bad that I thought it stalled but as my brain came to that conclusion, it took off again. My head literally went way forward during 2-3

QuadFin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 B5 Blue Challenger Hellcat Redeye
Thought I’d share this. 2019 RE (bone stock except tires Michelin PS4S, 3.09 gear, no weight reduction) and I’ve experienced the 1-2 & 2-3 shift hiccup on occasion. But the other day I experienced a big hiccup (in D, paddle shifters off, trans set to sport, 4 gallons of 100 mixed with 91) when I mashed the pedal at 60-65mph. Car basically shut down. Picture is a little blurry and gear markers are on, so you can’t see what the RPM when the hiccup occurred. You do see the engine torque and HP drop sharply though. What I think happened is the car down shifted, then over revved itself and shut down to save the engine before kicking back in. Haven’t had a chance to take it to the dealer yet. But I agree that there are some inconsistencies with the factory tune when there should not be. I’ve brought up the shift hiccup before with the dealer, so it’ll be interesting to see what they say this time around. I will say I am glad the car didn’t decide to commit Hara Kiri and blow the engine. 7815803C-E854-4487-B85F-BF40D736AECB.jpeg