Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #401
I'm not up on the part numbers, is that a Demon shock/spring, Hellcat, or something specific to the SS?
I did not look them up. I assume they are Hellcat because everything on the front was Hellcat. I was just posting for info because someone asked at one time in the past.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Rivers
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Red Eye Challenger
@Viper
The F14's on the rear of the Frostbite car were 17X10 +30 offset. With a 315/50R17 and yes you need max tub mods to make them fit.
. View attachment 33234
No damn wonder they look so good wow that's a lot of meat!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #404
Win Lites are on. Going in the Trailer this morning........
See Post #10
0103210825_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
I have 315’s and runners on front..and Win Lites going on my SS. Cant wait for Spring!

Attachments

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
I'd suggest adding the back seat back and removing it yourself and installing a rear seat delete. Rear seat delete is a $400 part, but I bet leather rear seats are in the $1000s. My stock rear seats are wrapped up and put away. Rear seat delete isn't the most fun thing to install with the contorting in the back of the car, but all in not terrible.
This is what I did. Rear seat delete took 2 hours 15 min for me. Disclosure, First time took me 3 hours.

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
See Post #10
View attachment 34740
I would love to know what you have done yo uour S/S so far if you dont mind. 👍 Thanks Dragrcr

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
See Post #10
View attachment 34740
Have a good trip, we'll see ya at HRP on Saturday, the weather looks good so far.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #411
I would love to know what you have done yo uour S/S so far if you dont mind. 👍 Thanks Dragrcr
Just real careful prep including getting the car to hook and most of the easy to attain weight reduction bringing the car as close to a single seat Demon weight as I can.

Demon Air Filter, dry.
Removed Grille from Driver Side hood air scoop making it the same as a 2019 scoop.
Sonoco SS100 fuel.
Pass Seat (rear seat delete group as well), Sway Bar, washer fluid, floor mats and trunk center floor panel and accessories removed.
Light Weight Battery.
Deleted Pass mirror and installed SRT Performance Spoiler.
Light Weight Race Wheels & Tires.

I just put the lighter wheels and tires on the car for my trip to Legion of Demons in Houston TX. I am also going to a private track rental on the 9th there (or in Ennis). I should see some negative DA and I hope the Car gets into the 9's. Right now the car has very little miles on it so I also expect it to get faster over time. It might not happen this year on this trip but I think the Car will go 9.85 one day. I know it is already faster than my Demon was on 808 tune and I am pretty sure @BeeHappy went 9.75 on the 808 tune in exceptional conditions. So theoretically it should be able to do the same. I do have a light weight Corbeau FX-1 Pro seat sitting there ready to put in, but I kind of lost interest in that for right now.

Here is a pic of the scoop cut out on my Frostbite car and a pic of the light weight race wheels and tires on the car now.
. 0503201511.jpg 0103210918a_HDR.jpg

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
Just real careful prep including getting the car to hook and most of the easy to attain weight reduction bringing the car as close to a single seat Demon weight as I can.

Demon Air Filter, dry.
Removed Grille from Driver Side hood air scoop making it the same as a 2019 scoop.
Sonoco SS100 fuel.
Pass Seat (rear seat delete group as well), Sway Bar, washer fluid, floor mats and trunk center floor panel and accessories removed.
Light Weight Battery.

I just put the lighter wheels and tires on the car for my trip to Legion of Demons in Houston TX. I am also going to a private track rental on the 9th there (or in Ennis). I should see some negative DA and I hope the Car gets into the 9's. Right now the car has very little miles on it so I also expect it to get faster over time. It might not happen this year on this trip but I think the Car will go 9.85 one day. I know it is already faster than my Demon was on 808 tune and I am pretty sure @BeeHappy went 9.75 on the 808 tune in exceptional conditions. So theoretically it should be able to do the same. I do have a light weight Corbeau FX-1 Pro seat sitting there ready to put in, but I kind of lost interest in that for right now.

Here is a pic of the scoop cut out on my Frostbite car and a pic of the light weight race wheels and tires on the car now.
. View attachment 34790 View attachment 34791
Youre awesome bud! Best of luck this week. Cant wait to see your time slips!
Best
Andrew

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #413
Have a good trip, we'll see ya at HRP on Saturday, the weather looks good so far.
Ok I will see you there. I also paid for TJ's event on Saturday in Ennis, just in case.

True story. I almost crashed loading the car in the trailer (slow speed). The Hoosiers with all those Tits on them would NOT go up the ramp. The car just literally would walk the ass end sideways like it was on ice. I tried it several times and it was freaky scary. Scratching my head, should I just try and "get a run at it"? Kind of risky with the tight fit in my Trailer............ Naw! Just back up and burn em off !!!!! NOW she sticks. Problem solved.
. 0407201549.jpg

Last edited:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Ok I will see you there. I also paid for TJ's event on Saturday in Ennis, just in case.

True story. I almost crashed loading the car in the trailer (slow speed). The Hoosiers with all those Tits on them would NOT go up the ramp. The car just literally would walk the ass end sideways like it was on ice. I tried it several times and it was freaky scary. Scratching my head, should I just try and "get a run at it"? Kind of risky with the tight fit in my Trailer............ Naw! Just back up and burn em off !!!!! NOW she sticks. Problem solved.
Your gonna be a busy man, 2 events in 1 day, 250 miles apart. (y):LOL:

Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Rivers
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Red Eye Challenger

Demon Air Filter, dry.
Sonoco SS100 fuel.
Light Weight Battery.

. View attachment 34790 View attachment 34791
good luck and be safe we will be waiting for the ET's have fun!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

. View attachment 34792

I had this problem with my trailer. When it happened to me and I went sideways, I damn near took my daughter's foot off. (She had her foot on the ramp!)

I solved it by buying this stuff and installing it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072LY8JNH/

Bonus was I installed it at just the right width and could use it to visually center the car by lining up the side of the tire with the edge of the material.

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat

Demon Air Filter, dry.
Sonoco SS100 fuel.
Light Weight Battery.

.DRAGRCR..How did you get the scoop vent out. Where would I get a Demon dry filter? Thanks for your help
View attachment 34790 View attachment 34791

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
My passenger hood vent flew off at the track around 135mph. Left a nasty plastic transfer on the roof, I thought it was dented but it wasn't. Scared me though.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #420
@WidebodyCat I cut the scoop vent out with a Hack Saw Blade and then I finished off with a Dremel Tool. The Demon filter comes with oil on it. After you wash it and let it dry it will be white. I then dye it red to make it look like it has oil on it. You have to own a Demon to get that filter. Some have been able to get them otherwise but it is hit and miss. Just ask around in some threads and you may get one offered to you. Search for demon air filter threads and that may be a good place to start. Last pic shows a Demon Filter label and the next to last is a dyed Demon filter next to a new unaltered filter.
. 0503201510.jpg s-l640.jpg 1008181349_HDR.jpg 1008181345_HDR.jpg