Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Dang 1.38 60 foot!

Isn't that about as low as you can go with a Demon, even with the transbrake feature?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #522
Dang 1.38 60 foot!

Isn't that about as low as you can go with a Demon, even with the transbrake feature?
It's interesting that I had this misconception about the 60 foots. I was saying this car did not 60 foot that well. I was comparing it to the Frostbite car. Which I DO think 60 footed a little better. Anyhow, I do think this car is coming around because I decided to stop resetting the PCM adaptives. I thought resetting the adaptives eliminated the hiccups. But I honestly think it was a coincidence. I have not figured out why the car will lay down some good passes and then other times it will hiccup. Adaptives, fuel level, weather, track prep etc it's all random. OK, so the misconception I had about the 60 foots, was, I was comparing to the DEMON that is rated at 63 more foot pounds torque. So, yes I will take that 1.38 sixty foot. The car did a few 1.38 sixty foots. It was feeling like it was really pulling HARD in first gear at the end there...........I think not resetting the adaptives was a good idea.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #523
Here is an example. The car put up 2 good passes back to back and did not hiccup. If you look at the data at the bottom I am thinking the Power Chiller just came on. Also the Power Chiller will affect the 60 foot. So the car was making more power but did not hiccup. I have a lot more to learn. I really want to have the car on point when the DA is -1300 feet. It was kind of expected with the hiccups that the car would do better near zero DA.
. 1159 hrs 9.956 @ 135.63.png 1203 hrs 9.961 @ 135.95.png

Last edited:

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
^ Nice.
Did you weight it while you were there?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #525
^ Nice.
Did you weight it while you were there?
Yes, 4085 , 4275 with me in it on the HRP Scale.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Do I recall that that isn't much different from the Demon?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Yes, 4085 , 4275 with me in it on the HRP Scale.
WOW! My charger race weight is 325 lbs more!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #528
Do I recall that that isn't much different from the Demon?
The Demon on that same scale was 3990 and was setup pretty much the same way.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
The Demon on that same scale was 3990 and was setup pretty much the same way.
I`m guessing the SS gets the big heavy hellcat brakes.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Actually I don't think it does, it has the same Brembos that come standard on the Scat Pack - which is what the Demons came with, right?

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
It's interesting that I had this misconception about the 60 foots. I was saying this car did not 60 foot that well. I was comparing it to the Frostbite car. Which I DO think 60 footed a little better. Anyhow, I do think this car is coming around because I decided to stop resetting the PCM adaptives. I thought resetting the adaptives eliminated the hiccups. But I honestly think it was a coincidence. I have not figured out why the car will lay down some good passes and then other times it will hiccup. Adaptives, fuel level, weather, track prep etc it's all random. OK, so the misconception I had about the 60 foots, was, I was comparing to the DEMON that is rated at 63 more foot pounds torque. So, yes I will take that 1.38 sixty foot. The car did a few 1.38 sixty foots. It was feeling like it was really pulling HARD in first gear at the end there...........I think not resetting the adaptives was a good idea.
Ron
Resetting the adapts diverges the shifts. That means it has to learn from base line all over again. You will always run slower after reset and start getting faster as the shifts converge to the power. We have learned that long time ago with our racing Allisons in the Duramax trucks.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #532
Ron
Resetting the adapts diverges the shifts. That means it has to learn from base line all over again. You will always run slower after reset and start getting faster as the shifts converge to the power. We have learned that long time ago with our racing Allisons in the Duramax trucks.
Keep in mind I was only able to reset the PCM adaptives. HPTuners has not provided support to reset the TCM adaptives or command a fast relearn on this car (yet). I have a request in but not getting a result yet.

I am not expert but I assume resetting the PCM Adaptives could increase or decrease power depending on the conditions. So, if you had long term knock retard set it may increase power if it resets this. Or after the reset it takes you back to a base on fuel trims and timing. Then as the fuel trims come in and in the absence of knock maybe it might add some timing. I am guessing. This is why I run SS100 fuel. With the 91 octane tune this car has never even seen 1/2 deg of KR. So it can feel free to add timing if it wants. LOL.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #533
This car comes with the 2008-2014 SRT Brakes. So they are maybe a little lighter. I think they used them more to clear the 18X11 Holeshot wheels.

Weight differences compared to a Demon:
Unicast front rotors.
Forged front Calipers VS Billet.
6 Speakers VS 2.
More sound deadening under carpet, under hood, firewall etc.
Solid front sway bar VS hollow.
Trunk carpet VS naked.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #534
Actually I don't think it does, it has the same Brembos that come standard on the Scat Pack - which is what the Demons came with, right?
@oilburner
The Demon, SS, Scat Pack and 2008-2014 SRT all use the same size 4 piston front brakes. But the Demon uses a lightweight floating rotor/hat and it has an all aluminum billet caliper. The Scat Pack caliper is forged aluminum and has this large steel backing plate that is cad plated and on the SS it is painted Red along with the caliper.

SS

1115201420_HDR.jpg

DEMON

DSCN2660.JPG

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
@oilburner
The Demon, SS, Scat Pack and 2008-2014 SRT all use the same size 4 piston front brakes. But the Demon uses a lightweight floating rotor/hat and it has an all aluminum billet caliper. The Scat Pack caliper is forged aluminum and has this large steel backing plate that is cad plated and on the SS it is painted Red along with the caliper.

SS

View attachment 36386

DEMON

View attachment 36387

Interesting

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #536
Project for the day........Since I will no longer be able to use my original tie down points.

These bolt on the front side of the LCA pivot bolt and hang straight down similar to the ZL-Design. I may not go with these if I proceed to install them and do not like the way they function. Otherwise I will put a compact forged hook into the LCA and the hook goes IN the slot and downward and out the round hole on the bottom. Someday I will post a pic of this. I have used this method on my Friends Demon recently when I had it.
. 0202211611.jpg

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Project for the day........Since I will no longer be able to use my original tie down points.

These bolt on the front side of the LCA pivot bolt and hang straight down similar to the ZL-Design. I may not go with these if I proceed to install them and do not like the way they function. Otherwise I will put a compact forged hook into the LCA and the hook goes IN the slot and downward and out the round hole on the bottom. Someday I will post a pic of this. I have used this method on my Friends Demon recently when I had it.
. View attachment 36922
made these up for my car. assuming this pocket is still there on later models, 2 by 1/4 flat steel slides in ,center punch through both holes then drill 3/8 holes an weld 2 nuts on top side ,bend the ends an make your holes for hooks, slide in pockets an install bolts with washers.

Attachments

Tuckerracing

Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Whitehouse
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I use these straps to tie the front down on my challenger, they use the factory tow points. 4C238FEB-1B3B-4B68-8153-8EA5BBCE3B97.jpeg 3DD60F94-CED3-4AEF-99CA-211ECA69B33C.jpeg

Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Rivers
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Red Eye Challenger
Good run Ron. I'm curious: is the bobble at the top of low gear a slight hiccup, or did it shake the tires a bit? I can't tell even when listening to the video?
I am surprised you can tell that in the video. It shifts so hard it spins the Slicks. The prep was so sticky that, yes, it kind of chatters or groans when they spin. It does not screech. It's the first time I am able to see a bubble in the speed trend line on the Data Logs from tire spin on the 1-2 shift.[/QUOTE]
It is so fun to watch the video and crank the sound up over and over!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #540
LETS TALK TOW TRUCKS : REVIEW

ALL 3 Brands are amazing. But if I am not backed into a corner it is going to be a RAM 100%.

What about all this craziness with used vehicles. I paid $45,200 for my Current truck that I just sold, and I got $44,000 for it. I will admit I got a great deal on that Truck, but still............

The Ram 3500 4X4 Tradesman 6.7 HO AISIN that I just sold was amazing. The power was intoxicating at times. If you happened to be right at the good point in the power band and you laid into it, even with the loaded Trailer, it was mind blowing. Torque of 930 will do that.

Here are the reasons I made this move. I tested the water and did the math and I found out I could get a good selling price and then order exactly what I wanted and have a 3 year newer truck that does not need new tires. I am going to be out of pocket a total of $24,000 or less and that is not including any applicable rebates.

#1 Was the old Truck would pull substantially harder with my foot on the gas pedal than it would if it was in cruise control. I tested this many times and in 100 different conditions so it is not something I was imagining. So this forced me to either lock out 6th gear, let the truck downshift all the time, OR use my foot (not use cruise control). I would much prefer to use the cruise control on long trips : New Truck, 1075 foot pounds and 420 HP, AND 373 gears (vs 3.42's). I am hoping it will run cruise control more of the time.

#2 The new Truck has the Electronic Shift-On-The-Fly Transfer Case. Old Truck was manual and I never put it in 4X4 because I was afraid of getting goofed up on the shift. Stupid I know. I am sure if I really needed it, I would have gotten it done, but now I never have to worry. This Truck, it is standard with the Big Horn, which leads me to the third item.......

#3 I wanted to have more room to sleep in the Truck and so I wanted to get back into a Mega Cab. You cannot get a Mega Cab in a Tradesman so I had to move up to a Big Horn. I like to sleep in the Truck to save money but more importantly it's way more convenient when traveling and I am with the Super Stock / Cargo, so I know it is safe from Thieves etc. So, with the Crew Cab I made a really good bed for myself in the back seat area but I literally just lacked a few inches from stretching out the way I wanted to, diagonally. The Mega Cab will EASILY fix this.

#4 Ride Quality. I ordered the Automatic-Level Rear Air Suspension. The more I read about this the more I liked it. The Design and concepts are right on point as far as I am concerned. That and 10" longer wheelbase should make a nice improvement in ride quality.

I went for nicer rims and some better tires. I also added the remote start system because it can be used as a cooldown timer.

OLD TRUCK:
1101181259_HDR.jpg
NEW TRUCK: 2021 ram image.png CROP POC.png