Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DSS Driveshaft clamps

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
What kind of driveshaft is that?
CCI 4" Aluminum.

I want to say last spring right as the covidhoax crap hit i had been on a waiting list for 3 months or so when I got the call. In stock. 1200 bucks give or take...at a time no one else seemed to be making driveshafts.

Historically they have had the least issues so that was what I jumped on. Zero vibrations...but it unmasked every bit of my diff noise. Well between that and the brace. Oops. Id rather it sing than shatter so...

One of these guys is supposed to be working on a 2pc shaft that isn't MW and isn't 3600 bucks too. Forget who.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Well just got off the phone with them. Same as said above. You don't need them. They aren't supposed to go in the hardware bag and are supposed to be taken out before shipped and she said lately it seems they've been getting shipped out.
It only added 2 hours to install. Not knowing what to do with the extra parts:rolleyes:

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #23
It only added 2 hours to install. Not knowing what to do with the extra parts:rolleyes:
I'm glad I finally decided to listen to you and just through it on

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I will say the DSS duel CV joints and direct bolt in, is a nice set up, not a single problem so far at the track or street. I've had it for around 2 years or so. Been up to 160 mph (in Mexico) with no vibration.

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
Same here. Was in a hurry and about to take it back out. Then said the hell with it, if it blows it blows. The following business day I called them

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
CCI 4" Aluminum.

I want to say last spring right as the covidhoax crap hit i had been on a waiting list for 3 months or so when I got the call. In stock. 1200 bucks give or take...at a time no one else seemed to be making driveshafts.

Historically they have had the least issues so that was what I jumped on. Zero vibrations...but it unmasked every bit of my diff noise. Well between that and the brace. Oops. Id rather it sing than shatter so...

One of these guys is supposed to be working on a 2pc shaft that isn't MW and isn't 3600 bucks too. Forget who.
Like it made you aware of the ring gear whine when you swapped the driveshaft to aluminum?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have a ring gear whine but I swapped diff, axles and ds. I was told there was some whine in the diff by the guy I bought it from before I did it. I will say it is louder since changing from the standard diff brace to the DIRS. It is a big chunk of aluminum on there now

I did talk to another guy that put an aluminum ds on and he said he could hear the diff some

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
I have a ring gear whine but I swapped diff, axles and ds. I was told there was some whine in the diff by the guy I bought it from before I did it. I will say it is louder since changing from the standard diff brace to the DIRS. It is a big chunk of aluminum on there now

I did talk to another guy that put an aluminum ds on and he said he could hear the diff some
Always a tradeoff...

😞

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Like it made you aware of the ring gear whine when you swapped the driveshaft to aluminum?
Pretty much.

Mine starts around 55ish and does it til about 72. Varying levels depending on speed. Not really on acceleration or deceleration but that transition phase where you have little to no load and are just cruising? That.

I could swap diff and axles but this one is holding up so far and the New one is just gonna make the same noise eventually.

When it goes...probably do a HT Billet Diff.

Thread jacking complete. Lol