Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

E-Ray Banned From Corvette Club Competition

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Just saying. Ford filed patents for its EVs to literally repo themselves by locking the doors and driving back to the lots lol. I believe there was another one where the blare music/noise if you’re behind your payment as a deterrent not to drive it.
We can already use the UConnect App to start the car and lock/unlock doors from anywhere so I’m sure others (gov, lenders, manufacturers) who might have a vested interest in the vehicle could get access. 😳

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I’d get one for that reason alone.

It’s fun to fuck with peoples emotions.
I saw that comparison acceleration test. It may be the more desirable unit of the three available right now, especially for some street use. An all wheel drive Corvette! What a concept, huh? If only Dodge would simply add some electric motors like that to a Hellcat platform?

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
They lost me when they posted this....

So a 2024 E-Ray is here...

But no 2023 D170 at 8.91? What about the 2018 Demon?

bs.png

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I saw that comparison acceleration test. It may be the more desirable unit of the three available right now, especially for some street use. An all wheel drive Corvette! What a concept, huh? If only Dodge would simply add some electric motors like that to a Hellcat platform?
Dually

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
We can already use the UConnect App to start the car and lock/unlock doors from anywhere so I’m sure others (gov, lenders, manufacturers) who might have a vested interest in the vehicle could get access. 😳
You might, not everyone does. Especially us old 3g ers.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
You might, not everyone does. Especially us old 3g ers.
I let my UConnect expire so I don’t have it nor did I use it when I had it. Just making the point about the capabilities that others might have access to.

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
That's pretty juvenile actually, but whatever, it's vette owners, that goes without saying. won't last. as the performance ramps up on the EVs they'll be under pressure to let them in, or a new group will form and the old guard can go their own way, and the new guard can say "you don't want to let us compete because we'll kick your asses 12 ways from sunday"

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #31
That's pretty juvenile actually, but whatever, it's vette owners, that goes without saying. won't last. as the performance ramps up on the EVs they'll be under pressure to let them in, or a new group will form and the old guard can go their own way, and the new guard can say "you don't want to let us compete because we'll kick your asses 12 ways from sunday"
They have every right to adopt any rules that they want unless you think that it's discrimination?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Not at all. They can do what they want, it's their club. I just think its kind of juvenile. It used to be about the speed and elapsed times; now its about what type of power source. And like it or not, its very hard for top flight ICE to compete with top flight EV. For me, only, personally, I say run what you brought. Performance is what its about. If they want to make a political statement with the rules, that's their business.

Don't get me wrong, its funny, but I think its unprofessional and tends to detract from the focus of the club, which to me should be the performance of the particular brand they were formed to promote. The manufacturer has the right to build the car the way they want. But then, I don't really consider the latest ICE model of the Corvette to be a "corvette" because of its radical departure from the long standing lay out. Yes the lay out sucked, and yes the new layout had taken the corvette to the next level and I respect it for that performance, but I don't think it's a valid descendent of previous corvettes.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #33
Not at all. They can do what they want, it's their club. I just think its kind of juvenile. It used to be about the speed and elapsed times; now its about what type of power source. And like it or not, its very hard for top flight ICE to compete with top flight EV. For me, only, personally, I say run what you brought. Performance is what its about. If they want to make a political statement with the rules, that's their business.

Don't get me wrong, its funny, but I think its unprofessional and tends to detract from the focus of the club, which to me should be the performance of the particular brand they were formed to promote. The manufacturer has the right to build the car the way they want. But then, I don't really consider the latest ICE model of the Corvette to be a "corvette" because of its radical departure from the long standing lay out. Yes the lay out sucked, and yes the new layout had taken the corvette to the next level and I respect it for that performance, but I don't think it's a valid descendent of previous corvettes.
You should buy an ev and stop looking at ice.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I barely trust my junk parked in the garage not catching fire, no way I’d leave an EV charging over night in it

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
I let my UConnect expire so I don’t have it nor did I use it when I had it. Just making the point about the capabilities that others might have access to.
You don't really think you have control by letting it expire, DO YOU ? They can activate it anytime they want to and you won't have any say so in the matter. Your only redeeming factor is to disconnect the GPS and any other signal receiving antennae and start wearing a tin foil hato_O:oops::eek:[ohcrap]

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #36
You don't really think you have control by letting it expire, DO YOU ? They can activate it anytime they want to and you won't have any say so in the matter. Your only redeeming factor is to disconnect the GPS and any other signal receiving antennae and start wearing a tin foil hato_O:oops::eek:[ohcrap]
I like my tin foil hats. They keep my hair nice and tidy.

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
I like my tin foil hats. They keep my hair nice and tidy.
Brahaha..... I don't need one either for my chrome dome , but my handlebar mustache will jam them from accessing by brain. That is what is left of it , HA nothing to see in there !

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I prefer to say aerodynamically efficient / optimized rather than chromdome myself :)

covidcommander

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clementon
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger
Seems like a good choice for an ev
If they had this package in a zl1 camaro I'd be interested

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
They lost me when they posted this....

So a 2024 E-Ray is here...

But no 2023 D170 at 8.91? What about the 2018 Demon?

View attachment 104038
These are vehicles they’ve actually tested. The Demon 2.0 wasn’t released yet.