Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Electric Muscle Car = oxymoron

Weather Man

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sauk Rapids
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody Redeye
still at what point does the government step in and say these are way to fast
It's coming, the EU is going to mandate that your car slow down when you exceed the speed limit. You will have to step through the computer to go faster. It isn't hard to see the next step, your car won't exceed any speed limit by more than 10 mph.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
It's coming, the EU is going to mandate that your car slow down when you exceed the speed limit. You will have to step through the computer to go faster. It isn't hard to see the next step, your car won't exceed any speed limit by more than 10 mph.
Unless you keep your current car:p

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
The funniest thing about the video is how Dodge is (painfully) trying to EXPLAIN this move...It was a tad pathetic imo...like "why are we doing this?"..and the best part was their attempt at saying their KEY demographic -right now- are phone-idolizing millennials. lmao! And that THAT group will be buying 900hp electric cars en-masse....wow. yeah. no.

if dodge is betting the farm on this I hope they have many other farms to fall back on!

I supervise a lot of Millenials and many of them don't own -any- cars. they are big on rideshare and are NOT a car-loving generation (on average). It's a-b for most of them....the 20-30-year-olds that do own are mostly econ boxes, hybrids, electric, etc.

dodge is conflating EV preference with wanting MUSCLE EV. Wow is that a leap! I highly doubt that group will come in droves. they better count on gen-x to save the day for them. but many Gen Xers (me included) were raised on 60s muscle (80s blew chunks) and not big fans of the EV wave (at least for performance)...

Then again, I could be all wet.

Wouldn't be the 1st time! :p
I think you nailed it, well said.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I hope HPT can keep up with unlocked pcm's :LOL:

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
I doubt it's even related to the prototype. Electric cars don't need a massive grille/opening for a radiator. And for EVs it's all about lower drag (yes even for a muscle variant). Bad air slows u down/steals power. Be prepared for a MuscleEgg(tm).
I'm thinking those large openings in the corners are going to be to cool the rotors due to the added HP etc.

MuscleEgg indeed

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
The funniest thing about the video is how Dodge is (painfully) trying to EXPLAIN this move...It was a tad pathetic imo...like "why are we doing this?"..and the best part was their attempt at saying their KEY demographic -right now- are phone-idolizing millennials. lmao! And that THAT group will be buying 900hp electric cars en-masse....wow. yeah. no.

if dodge is betting the farm on this I hope they have many other farms to fall back on!

I supervise a lot of Millenials and many of them don't own -any- cars. they are big on rideshare and are NOT a car-loving generation (on average). It's a-b for most of them....the 20-30-year-olds that do own are mostly econ boxes, hybrids, electric, etc.

dodge is conflating EV preference with wanting MUSCLE EV. Wow is that a leap! I highly doubt that group will come in droves. they better count on gen-x to save the day for them. but many Gen Xers (me included) were raised on 60s muscle (80s blew chunks) and not big fans of the EV wave (at least for performance)...

Then again, I could be all wet.

Wouldn't be the 1st time! :p
About 1 in 5 even bother to get a drivers license, most use uber or the bus, like you mentioned. Those who do drive are driving a cheap piece of shit Nissan juke or something. They don't have the money to spend on high end cars, and their 550 credit rating means they cannot get a $100,000 plus dollar car loan either. The guys who are age 35 plus, in a good career, or self employed are the majority of their buyers.
Lots of these guys/gals are under the impression that making $25/hour is big money, and they couldn't even tell you what their credit score is. So long as they have a smart phone, nothing else matters to them.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
834 is mine

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States

Which is really good.
Over 750 is good.

But a 550 is bad, and i recently talked with a guy who had a score of just 521, and he couldn't get a loan to buy a bicycle, much less a hellcat.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Which is really good.
Over 750 is good.

But a 550 is bad, and i recently talked with a guy who had a score of just 521, and he couldn't get a loan to buy a bicycle, much less a hellcat.

It dropped to 775 or so right after I refinanced, after about 6 months it went back up.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
^^^^^the house

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Knew this guy once, great engineer, but kind of weird. His primary topic of conversation was credit scores (his vs everyone else's). LOL. Spent most of his time over seas - bought his wife a magnificent grand piano (probably cost 25% of what the whole place cost) and then divorced her, and gave her the house and the piano.

For me, the cred rating thing is way over rated.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Knew this guy once, great engineer, but kind of weird. His primary topic of conversation was credit scores (his vs everyone else's). LOL. Spent most of his time over seas - bought his wife a magnificent grand piano (probably cost 25% of what the whole place cost) and then divorced her, and gave her the house and the piano.

For me, the cred rating thing is way over rated.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
About 1 in 5 even bother to get a drivers license, most use uber or the bus, like you mentioned. Those who do drive are driving a cheap piece of shit Nissan juke or something. They don't have the money to spend on high end cars, and their 550 credit rating means they cannot get a $100,000 plus dollar car loan either. The guys who are age 35 plus, in a good career, or self employed are the majority of their buyers.
Lots of these guys/gals are under the impression that making $25/hour is big money, and they couldn't even tell you what their credit score is. So long as they have a smart phone, nothing else matters to them.
Yep...I said it in another ev thread that the price of ev's is too high for the average person that buys a new Toyota Corolla or Hyundai as their commuter car. When you can buy a new Toyota for $20k, finance it and get 40mpg, and come and go as you please without worrying about charging stations....why would they bother trying to get an electric vehicle.

Obviously the people pushing electric vehicles have never been into the city where even finding a parking spot on the street is hard enough, let alone having charging stations at every spot up and down the street for the residents. And then what will residents do if they have to charge from their house? There's no assigned parking on city residential streets, so you may not even get to park infront of your house....then what?

These govt officials bloviating about pushing electric vehicles and doing it by 2030 have really not thought through all of the problems that need to be solved.

But they sure sound good on tv to the uneducated masses.

Just keep your face in the phone screen and calling uber.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
You did some extra credit to get it up there. I'm just over 800

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
You did some extra credit to get it up there. I'm just over 800

If you care to, call up each of your credit card companies and ask them to raise your limit.

I had each of mine raised to $20-25k depending on which one.

Part of your score is the ratio of use to limit. So even if you don't carry a balance, but are floating purchases on one of them, if they are a smaller ratio, that's a smaller hit to your score.

I saw a notable increase in my score after I did that.

When my CC companies asked me why, I simply said I wanted more spending power (and then didn't use it).

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Here is a beauty
Amazon delivery truck

A deer in headlights look with a dick on the side

1625849925762.png

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Here is a beauty
Amazon delivery truck

A deer in headlights look with a dick on the side

View attachment 48673
Just wait until they start sending out those Nuro looking things or something similar autonomous......those things are going to get jacked all over the city.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Just wait until they start sending out those Nuro looking things or something similar autonomous......those things are going to get jacked all over the city.
Yes sir
Send anything autonomous thru Chicago
They better have the ability to fully charge the entire exterior of the vehicle with 600 volts to keep the criminals at bay:cool:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Yes sir
Send anything autonomous thru Chicago
They better have the ability to fully charge the entire exterior of the vehicle with 600 volts to keep the criminals at bay:cool:
Yep, same in Baltimore and every other major city.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I have orange safety cones in my garage that my wife uses during dog training.

If one of the Nuro vehicles shows up at my house for a delivery, I'm placing one in front and in back of it and then leaving them there.

George Carlin: "Have a nice day!"