Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

ET street front runner MT

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Their maximum load at 50 psi is 1140. Multiply that by four and add a 200 pound man are they suitable for a fully weighted hellcat at the strip. I am talking about the 28 inch ones for an 18 inch wheel. Radials. They do make a street version at 25 pounds a piece.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I have 18x5 HHP Ultralites by Bogart for front runners when dragracing.
And I have used Micky Thompson or M&H racemaster
Whether you buy from. HHP or not.... use their web site for an index for Hemis/Mopar . Most parts have gone through R&D and Tested.

https://highhorseperformance.com/do...challenger-and-2018-demon/wheels-tires/tires/

There is a Plethora of information
I'm sure you may find an answer here.

Linda :)

Last edited:

Gearhead383

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bellevue
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Super Stock
Maybe I'm missing something, if so, i apologize for the rest of this post.
Sounds like you're not leaving much of a safety margine. 1140x2=2280lbs. Let assume your car, with you in it, has a front weight of 2280lbs or slightly less. I can't answer this for sure cause I have not put mine on my scales yet. Are you still good? Your car sitting with you in is not 50/50 front to rear distribution. How much weight shifts to the front tires when braking at the track? Willing to bet you will exceed the weight rating of those front tires. But what could go wrong with under rated tires at over 140mph?
Believe me, I thought about this because you are right, the street radials are a very heavy tire compared to the race ones I use on my other two race cars. However, they are rated at 1650lbs each. I just didn't feel the weight savings was worth the risk. Remember, there is another racer in the other lane. Sorry for the soapbox. Good luck and be safe!

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #4
I have the Hoosiers now. But at only 12 pounds a piece and bias ply they wander at over 140 mph. That is why I was inquiring about the radial MTs. But their weight handling does not seem to suit our heavy car. So I totally agree with you. I have a feeling the street variety will only slow the car down a few hundredths. Because of the radial construction it will have less rolling resistance than the much lighter Hoosier. And I bet it will feel a lot more stable and safer for the driver and as you stated the guy/gal next to you. So I believe you are right on and have valid points/concerns.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
You can’t take the total weight of the car and divide by 4. Mine back when I was at full weight…. 892A98A1-9C76-4004-8C58-A5414BDB86E6.jpeg

Gearhead383

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bellevue
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Super Stock
I'm using the M/T Street Radials up front and the M/T ET Street R's in the back and at 125mph on the street, they seem to track pretty good. Hope to get these out to the track soon. The Nittos sucked!

Marc- thanks for posting your weights. I think I'll throw mine on the scale and see how close I am to yours.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #7
S
You can’t take the total weight of the car and divide by 4. Mine back when I was at full weight…. View attachment 115795
So you are making the point to stay away from the ones that state 1297 or below. I am not sure if you were sitting in the car with these values. At any rate I do not feel comfortable with the Hoosiers. I think I will go with the heavier street radial version. I do not think it will slow the car down that much.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #8
I'm using the M/T Street Radials up front and the M/T ET Street R's in the back and at 125mph on the street, they seem to track pretty good. Hope to get these out to the track soon. The Nittos sucked!

Marc- thanks for posting your weights. I think I'll throw mine on the scale and see how close I am to yours.
Yeah if you have the wrong rear tires your trip to the drag strip is a waste. I found that out last night with the atturo drs. And I have the good ones in my garage that easily got me in the nines. Just older now and I hate changing these wheels.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
On the subject of front runners…. The M/T Sportsman is the best for a heavy car on the street. Potholes be damned. M/T has a newer ET-R front that is rated for street use and the older ET Front that are not. These drag only tires don’t have a weight rating. They are very common on very fast (200mph) cars and I’ve never heard of their being a doubt about their safety. 5EA13916-84E4-47ED-B60F-79F9F80967B2.jpeg

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #10
Are the newer ones on their website? Definitely want to get rid of the bias Hoosiers.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
S

So you are making the point to stay away from the ones that state 1297 or below. I am not sure if you were sitting in the car with these values. At any rate I do not feel comfortable with the Hoosiers. I think I will go with the heavier street radial version. I do not think it will slow the car down that much.
Yes I was in the car. The max weight ratings the DOT puts on there have a wide safety margin (liability) built in and are rated for that on the street where they have to deal with potholes and bumps without damaging the tire. I’m not suggesting anybody should discount the government’s concerns for our safety, but…. 🙄

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #12
I think the newer front runners are not made in an 18 inch variety. Marc, you probably have a smaller braking system up front and are using a 15 or 17 inch wheel up front?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I think the newer front runners are not made in an 18 inch variety. Marc, you probably have a smaller braking system up front and are using a 15 or 17 inch wheel up front?
5BDC1AEF-2520-428A-8D18-4FD5F564E345.jpeg

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #14
Thank you. That is a heavy weight also. :). Safety carries some weight to it!

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thank you. That is a heavy weight also. :). Safety carries some weight to it!
Yea. They know that the modern muscle cars are heavy and that LT rating brings weight. If you are still on the street then the weight is worth it. These things match the ET-R rears and they say that they are designed to go with those. I have no experience with them so can’t say how they might perform on the street. The Sportsman's are great.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
T
Their maximum load at 50 psi is 1140. Multiply that by four and add a 200 pound man are they suitable for a fully weighted hellcat at the strip. I am talking about the 28 inch ones for an 18 inch wheel. Radials. They do make a street version at 25 pounds a piece.
Yes I run them I drive to and from track on them just did today.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
They’re way lighter than 25 a piece.

OP
AlleyCat

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Thread Starter #18
The newer ones are 25.3 pounds a piece. And very slightly wider.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well, maybe. I forget. My 18x6 forgestar f14 skinnies with that same tire weigh 32lbs

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Strange, mine have the same weight rating and psi. Sure it’s not the same tire? 28x6. Mine were made in march of this year. Et street front