Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

First time out with the Hellcat

OP
YMMV

YMMV

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Morris Co
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger HC
Thread Starter #21
Again, thank you to all for the support and tips! Keep em rolling. I can always learn!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I wasnt worried about R/T since it was my first runs in the boat. Ill work on it once I am consistent.

I actually have about 500 passes under my belt dating back to 2000 lol.
Well then you got this :LOL:

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
LOL! you know no one in this drag life "got this". We are always trying to get that next .1 like crackheads chasing the next fix. lol

@YMMV One great tip someone shared with me last year; create a spreadsheet and track all of your time slips, track conditions, DA, humidity, water grains...learn go back and learn how to setup your car for a given day...if that make sense?

Just know how to setup and launch your car in old weather, hot a hell weather...etc...
Everyday is like a puzzle to solve and we never 100% solve it. Just race and beat the man/woman next to you...chase that green light.

Regards,
Colby

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
LOL! you know no one in this drag life "got this". We are always trying to get that next .1 like crackheads chasing the next fix. lol

@YMMV One great tip someone shared with me last year; create a spreadsheet and track all of your time slips, track conditions, DA, humidity, water grains...learn go back and learn how to setup your car for a given day...if that make sense?

Just know how to setup and launch your car in old weather, hot a hell weather...etc...
Everyday is like a puzzle to solve and we never 100% solve it. Just race and beat the man/woman next to you...chase that green light.

Regards,
Colby
You mean like this ;)
IMG_0664.JPG

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
OP
YMMV

YMMV

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Morris Co
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger HC
Thread Starter #26
Now that life has allowed me i can hit the track more. Still knocking the dust off lol.

I will certainly make something out of Excel.

@Mean Cat time to upgrade lol.

OP
YMMV

YMMV

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Morris Co
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger HC
Thread Starter #27
Only thing I got is a slow car and these damn allergies lol

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Temp here today - 106+ lol, you guys enjoy where you live, it could be way worse! Glad all had fun.
Just one of the reasons I don't live in the south of our country

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Only thing I got is a slow car and these damn allergies lol
Lol
Did you also get the tcm tune? What kind of logs was it tuned on? We/Tim made alot of adjustments on my track logs. Im always chasing that 60' these days.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Is that from 1968? Man, put that information into a dang spreadsheet!! LMAO!

I can not show this last couple of month's data...lol

View attachment 18423
LOL , My home made sheet is from the mid 1990's , I like it like this , thank you very much , I can take it to the track with me or where ever , I don't take my lap top to the track & don't want to put data in it when I get home. This works for me & is just as easy to write in & do as some spreadsheet. I'm not a high tech geek obviously , LOL.

OP
YMMV

YMMV

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Morris Co
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger HC
Thread Starter #31
Lol
Did you also get the tcm tune? What kind of logs was it tuned on? We/Tim made alot of adjustments on my track logs. Im always chasing that 60' these days.
Yep has a TCM tune on it as well. He tuned off logs from last year at right around this same time/month (June). I'm waiting on my catless mids to arrive (when ever SW decides to catch up on their back log) and install my FI interchiller as well before I have any changes done.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Is that from 1968? Man, put that information into a dang spreadsheet!! LMAO!

I can not show this last couple of month's data...lol

View attachment 18423
Hey @Dman007 , just to pick on you for a minute :LOL: about your fancy SPREADSHEET , no matter how we do it , whether it's a home made sheet or on Excel in a lap top , the info that we put in it & how accurate it is , is what really matters , so that being said , IMHO you should add your RT on your sheet & be accurate on the DA input from pass to pass. I know the DA doesn't stay the same on each pass. It doesn't change much sometimes but it does change. I guess your just calling it close enough but that is the most important # besides the ET itself.

Other than that it's a nice spreadsheet. :LOL:

But I still like mine better. :LOL:

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Hey @Dman007 , just to pick on you for a minute :LOL: about your fancy SPREADSHEET , no matter how we do it , whether it's a home made sheet or on Excel in a lap top , the info that we put in it & how accurate it is , is what really matters , so that being said , IMHO you should add your RT on your sheet & be accurate on the DA input from pass to pass. I know the DA doesn't stay the same on each pass. It doesn't change much sometimes but it does change. I guess your just calling it close enough but that is the most important # besides the ET itself.

Only question I have is where do I buy a spreadsheet and how do I learn how to type info on it.
🤣🤣🤣

I use a Jeg's log book. LOL

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Only question I have is where do I buy a spreadsheet and how do I learn how to type info on it.
🤣🤣🤣

I use a Jeg's log book. LOL
I know right , it would take me all racing year to learn all of that & I would be way behind getting all my racing info in it , & would prob. be so frustrated with it that I wouldn't end up doing it anyway :LOL:

Last edited:

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
All 3 passes. I'm car 637.
Definitely have to get your 60’ down. 1.5’s should be no problem but 1.4’s should be possible.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Without data, it's all guessing. Data rules the world. Ask Facebook and Amazon.

Dman007

500 Posts Club
U.S. Army Veteran
7 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smyrna
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

For a front and rear bumper support replacement kit; I will teach @Mean Cat and @moparjim on how to create and update an excel spreadsheet, use of formulas in said spreadsheet and make you as big of a nerd as me... :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Btw, are you guys NOT logging your passes for yourself to review and your tuners and using a computer? o_O lol

Just to answer your question about the DA; I did not really focus on DA for a data point at that time, until after talking with @hellno and understanding it's importance in the grand scheme of things. I tried to go back and postdate some of the data to give me a better understanding of how to setup the car and then drive in each weather condition. <I know, I am sounding like a nerd...> :geek:

But to @Magnified point; data does matter and if we are not tracking these data points = gap sauce and losing by one or two car lengths sucks! So .1 does matter in racing and with compiling data only educates us how to setup, drive and overall win/lose in these beasts.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
For a front and rear bumper support replacement kit; I will teach @Mean Cat and @moparjim on how to create and update an excel spreadsheet, use of formulas in said spreadsheet and make you as big of a nerd as me... :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Btw, are you guys NOT logging your passes for yourself to review and your tuners and using a computer? o_O lol

Just to answer your question about the DA; I did not really focus on DA for a data point at that time, until after talking with @hellno and understanding it's importance in the grand scheme of things. I tried to go back and postdate some of the data to give me a better understanding of how to setup the car and then drive in each weather condition. <I know, I am sounding like a nerd...> :geek:

But to @Magnified point; data does matter and if we are not tracking these data points = gap sauce and losing by one or two car lengths sucks! So .1 does matter in racing and with compiling data only educates us how to setup, drive and overall win/lose in these beasts.
Thanks for the offer but I'm good with my dinosaur ways with my sheet.
DA is important & RT & 60' , a lot of races are won or lost on RT.

Don't be listening to @hellno , he doesn't know anything :LOL: , just kidding , his Devil Cat is flying.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

I am finally able to log my runs now that I have a windows tablet in the car. I only could read 1 of my previous logs directly from my Diablo. I haven't got a clue why that one worked and all the others gave me an error.
So this year I have been logging. Still trying to figure out what pids to log.
As for sending logs to my tuner. That would require a couple of hours to figure out how to send them. Oh and actually having a tuner would help also. 🤣🤣
I will get brave enough one day but for now I'm still handicapped with a bone stock ecu.
@Mean Cat has had impressive results with just a tune/trans tune and now a pulley. So I may try to follow his lead with the first step at least at some point. Maybe when the Redeye guys have their cars figured out and can run more than .1 or .2 quicker than me with some consistency at my track. Then I maybe forced to equal the playing field. 😉

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I am finally able to log my runs now that I have a windows tablet in the car. I only could read 1 of my previous logs directly from my Diablo. I haven't got a clue why that one worked and all the others gave me an error.
So this year I have been logging. Still trying to figure out what pids to log.
As for sending logs to my tuner. That would require a couple of hours to figure out how to send them. Oh and actually having a tuner would help also. 🤣🤣
I will get brave enough one day but for now I'm still handicapped with a bone stock ecu.
@Mean Cat has had impressive results with just a tune/trans tune and now a pulley. So I may try to follow his lead with the first step at least at some point. Maybe when the Redeye guys have their cars figured out and can run more than .1 or .2 quicker than me with some consistency at my track. Then I maybe forced to equal the playing field. 😉
Come over to the Dark Side :LOL: @moparjim , your still close to RE's so I see your dilemma.

I don't data log mine , its always good so I just send it , my buddy did data logs on it in -1400 DA & when we had +2000 DA & it's dead on in every data log so I don't worry about it any more & just go race. It has a very conservative tune on 93 with cats & only 13* of timing. And I use a little Boostane at the track for extra cushion.