Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Foam Cannon Issue

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
I've got my original foam cannons from 7 years ago, and they're still working well; not sure what is causing your issue.

Hmm and not a fan of these myself. But maybe I just dont understand the concept. And sorry if I am not answering your question. But WTH is the deal when using these? I mean is the whole idea you can foam your whole car and magically all the Dirt comes off???? I dont see how that is possible without actually using a sponge. I have used one now on two of my vehicles and each one has a film of dirt on it afterwards and yeh sure she looks clean but what gives. LOL guess this is to fancy for me I just like washing my cars with the sponge and soap.
Foaming isn't something that needs to be done frequently, if you otherwise detail your car.

The foam is a pre-wash step; the foam is supposed to loosen and lift dirt and particulates so when you rinse the foam off, they go with it. If you wash properly, you don't stop at the rinse, but rather move on to the actual washing. If you don't foam first (assuming car is very dirty), but simply rinse then wash, you run the risk of dragging the particulates loosened by the rinse/wash across the surface.

When I foam, I let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse. I follow that up with a rinseless wash (Wolfgang's Uber Rinseless Wash) which is very slick. From there, one Gyeon Silk Dryer towel will dry the entire car.

I ceramic coated all of the hidden channels designed to drain rain water away, so they only require a quick wipedown.

The nagging problem is on the trunk. Even with the EPDM U channel molding tucked in the reveal above the tail lights I still get a few drips, but probably 90% less than if the EPDM wasn't there.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
@Jack_Toepfer what you got there? Looks like a Boss Hog!

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
@Jack_Toepfer what you got there? Looks like a Boss Hog!
This one is a homebuilt. Quite a bit different than the Boss Hoss but same concept. I rode a Boss Hoss in the early 2000s while my dad rode this one.
If you pull up a picture of the Boss next to this one. There will be several significant differences that will jump right out at you. In person, even more :)

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #24
Changing out foam agitator now...will report back once I confirm it fixed it.

20210723_122926.jpg

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
+1 on the leaf blower for drying.

I also don't get the point of the foam cannon or touchless washing in general. We have touchless car washes here and they all seem to leave a film behind.

Maybe the fact that we get much more rain here than other places, that makes the dirt stick more after it dries vs living someplace where you're just taking off the layer of dust due to lack of rain.

I know that many don't drive their special cars in the rain, so that also may work in their favor when it comes to using a touchless wash.

I'll study this more indepth after I retire and move to a place where it doesn't rain every other day :LOL:

I bought a foam canon, used it 3 times, now it sits in the corner of the shop. My cars and truck need a scrub to get clean.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #26
I bought a foam canon, used it 3 times, now it sits in the corner of the shop. My cars and truck need a scrub to get clean.
How did it work for you? Assuming not so good?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
You guys are all wrong! It's the automatic car wash that's the best. The whirling belt like straps beating the shit out of your ride, that's the only way to get it really clean. Hell, I even ride my motorcycles through them.

motor cycle crash.gif

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
Changing out foam agitator now...will report back once I confirm it fixed it.

View attachment 49758
What is that, some type of stone like those aquarium air stones?

Looks like maybe some routine CLR or de-scaler needed to dissolve hard water deposits, if your water has a lot dissolved minerals in it?

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
There's nothing like the soft, gentle, loving touch of running your hands all over your dirty ride.....telling it how dirty and naughty it is while you rub back and forth......massaging the soap all over and making that dirt feel like the dirty dirt that it is while you rub it away......and make your dirty ride all squeaky clean.....and watch it glisten in the sun.....

bbeeepppp.....please deposit another $6.99 to continue

or press 6 if you want to hear about dirty rims and tires

:p:p

Last edited:

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
How
did it work for you? Assuming not so good?

Not well at all. I find it easier to just use soap in a bucket, wash mitt, hose the car down, wash it by hand, rinse then chamois dry.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #31
What is that, some type of stone like those aquarium air stones?

Looks like maybe some routine CLR or de-scaler needed to dissolve hard water deposits, if your water has a lot dissolved minerals in it?
It is a mesh filter. Could be when I rinse non DI water to clean it before putting away?

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #32
Not well at all. I find it easier to just use soap in a bucket, wash mitt, hose the car down, wash it by hand, rinse then chamois dry.
What PSI pressure wash do you have?

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
3 weeks ago I ordered a new Duc Monster motorbike. Woman just called me to confirm that I still wanted a new 2022 Diavel. No I don't, I ordered a 2022 Monster. Oh she says, those are different bikes am I right? Drastically different, yes! Okay let me call you back soon. 5 mins later she calls back, are you sure you don't want a Diavel, and a Monster, I seem to have a Diavel order with no customer, so its yours if you want it. No, I just want a Monster. Okay she says, that should be available by March, but let me know if you change your mind about the Diavel.

Where do they get these people?
And how can you work at a Duc dealer and not know if a Diavel is different than a Monster?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I was cutting up, up above, but on the subject of pressure washers I have this to offer. One of the guys that works for me just lopped his right index finger off with one. These are tools and not toys. He tore into it at the top knuckle in the hand, had lots of painful work to try and save it, then grabbed a bucket of tools with his left and tried to use only 3 fingers on the right.... Tore the work apart doing that, they amputated the next day. Won't post a pic of the cut. There is no stump, just an empty hole.

Be safe.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #35
Washed a car just now...Foam Cannon back to running like new.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
It is a mesh filter. Could be when I rinse non DI water to clean it before putting away?
Good observation about the rinse. I'll have to use my DI when rinsing the unit.

Glad to hear it's up and running again.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #37
Good observation about the rinse. I'll have to use my DI when rinsing the unit.

Glad to hear it's up and running again.
Only thing I can think of...fill a little DI in a bucket for rinse spray with pressure washer? Or, those mesh filters just get plugged overtime? Had this foam cannon over a year or so and do use a lot so maybe just a wear item? Hope this can help someone diagnose.

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Only thing I can think of...fill a little DI in a bucket for rinse spray with pressure washer? Or, those mesh filters just get plugged overtime? Had this foam cannon over a year or so and do use a lot so maybe just a wear item? Hope this can help someone diagnose.
I have separate jars for the soap, wax, and rinse. I just screw on the appropriate jar for the job.