Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Friday Night at HRP 9/17/21

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
The night b4 my Bday & having fun at the track with my buddies Nate & B Mason, with his Hellcat video, he got a good view of my first pass of the night & my slowest pass of the night. R/T .080, 1.47 60', 10.13 at 134.06
2553 DA
83.5*
75 % humidity

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Good job

: )

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Virgo season in effect! Awesome pass!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
The GT500 is just a ball busting fast caaa. So he says. Caaa. Talking to a fast caaa in thu zee est yesterday. Knowing all and I waz watching videos, the GT 500 could beez my next addition. After the twin turbo kit for the H/C. Wondering how much $$ the twins set cha back?? And closest place to Clearwater, Fl can be installed?? Twin turbos is the way to go.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #6
The GT500 is just a ball busting fast caaa. So he says. Caaa. Talking to a fast caaa in thu zee est yesterday. Knowing all and I waz watching videos, the GT 500 could beez my next addition. After the twin turbo kit for the H/C. Wondering how much $$ the twins set cha back?? And closest place to Clearwater, Fl can be installed?? Twin turbos is the way to go.
Twin turbo would be cool Hickster, on the cost I bet it would be around 15k + with parts & labor.
As for me I'm done with HP mods, I'm happy with the setup I have now & don't want to keep pushing it till it grenades or always having to work on it. I'm on 93 pump gas so if I ever want a little more I'll do E85 but don't really want to mess with that either.
You have to know when to stop if you want some longevity & least amount of headache & hassle if I can help it, I'm good with low 10's in the heat & 9.7's in the cold.

Last edited:
OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Good job . Just going to track and hanging out with a few friends and making passes down the track is always a good time .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
Good job . Just going to track and hanging out with a few friends and making passes down the track is always a good time .

Thanks Hpindy, your right, being with friends (more like family) at the track & racing is fun & a stress relive to me too. We know all the track workers too, all good people too.
It's going to be very depressing & sad when the track shuts down 4/22.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Thanks Hpindy, your right, being with friends (more like family) at the track & racing is fun & a stress relive to me too. We know all the track workers too, all good people too.
It's going to be very depressing & sad when the track shuts down 4/22.
Shutting that track down or any track is a huge mistake. There will be more people on the streets now . Where I grew up there use to 3 tracks with in a few hours then they all closed ..........guess what happened...... Yup you guessed it street racing and other auto related BS went through the roof then the butt heads were like " what is happening we don't understand we shut the tracks down to get rid of cars".

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
Shutting that track down or any track is a huge mistake. There will be more people on the streets now . Where I grew up there use to 3 tracks with in a few hours then they all closed ..........guess what happened...... Yup you guessed it street racing and other auto related BS went through the roof then the butt heads were like " what is happening we don't understand we shut the tracks down to get rid of cars".

Yep, that's what we been saying too, what a shame.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Shame that place is closing. Looks like a nice facility too.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
Shame that place is closing. Looks like a nice facility too.
Yes it is a shame, it's a top notch NHRA track with many record setting times & speed.
Been going there since it opened in 1986. Will be sorely missed & hard to believe. :cry:

Last edited:

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Yes it is a shame, it's a top notch NHRA track with many record setting times & speed.
Been coming here since it opened in 1986. Will be sorely missed & hard to believe. :cry:
Yup. They are doing the same thing with Atlanta Dragway which is just a short drive from my house. I have been going there since I was a little kid. It sux. They said the property value increased about 400% over the past few years. Everyone wants the dollars. Who cares about the guys that race...

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Yep, that's what we been saying too, what a shame.
I used to have 5 tracks with 2hrs of me. They closed one recently for a development. When I went there in the 80's it was the middle of nowhere. Thankfully one of the 4 remaining is close to that one. So not a huge effect in the area. Luckily, or else it would be like HPindy said.
Sorry you are going to lose your track. It looks like a real nice facility too.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #16
Yup. They are doing the same thing with Atlanta Dragway which is just a short drive from my house. I have been going there since I was a little kid. It sux. They said the property value increased about 400% over the past few years. Everyone wants the dollars. Who cares about the guys that race...
I used to have 5 tracks with 2hrs of me. They closed one recently for a development. When I went there in the 80's it was the middle of nowhere. Thankfully one of the 4 remaining is close to that one. So not a huge effect in the area. Luckily, or else it would be like HPindy said.
Sorry you are going to lose your track. It looks like a real nice facility too.
Yep, I know I'm not the only one that has or is losing their race tracks, but it is all about the money & when the tracks were new they were in the middle of nowhere but development has surrounded it now & they throw a bunch of money in their face & it's hard to refuse. Still sucks for us little guys that has been to these places for years & love responsible racing.
It will be like that when & if someone builds a new track too, it'll be out somewhere & city growth will eventually catch up to it & it'll be gone too someday.
If / when a new one is built again here, I'm getting older now so maybe by the time that happens to the new one, I'll probably be about gone too.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Makes me thankful for Beech Bend. Family owned and they have plenty of money and don't seem to worry too much about that. The water park attached to the drag strip doesn't hurt I'm sure.

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
I'm sure that waterpark doesn't hurt. It IS a very nice facility. That'll be my benchmark when I get to Maryland at the end of Oct. ;)

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #19
We have a 1/8 mile track HMP, but it's not as nice or as big for parking.
It is about 20 > 30 minutes closer each way, so that's better but that's about it.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
We have a 1/8 mile track HMP, but it's not as nice or as big for parking.
It is about 20 > 30 minutes closer each way, so that's better but that's about it.
HMP is definitely a far cry from HRP but at least you have another track to go to.