Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Go Tony

OP
Bowtie Guy

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Thread Starter #42
Debatable subject being supposedly the young driver approached Tony’s car and he was high on weed. But yes IMO he did hit the driver being Tony was pissed off at the kid. In the race prior to this the kid retaliated by hitting Tong then Tony wiped him out. The kids all pissed off and gets out his car and walks toward Tony and Tony Guns his car as he passes the kid like a fuck you move and his car slides into the kid and the tire catches him and sling shoots him up in the air like a rag doll and then he’s dead. And I am sure their may be different details to others here but for the most part Tony charged him with his car to a a degree but the stoned ass kid should never have walked into the path of Tony. Tony eventually paid off the family to shut up and never was convicted of wrong doing In court.
That pretty much sums it up
He hasn t been the same driver since

Shitty across the board for the kid / family / Tony

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Leah Pruett Nationality AmericanBorn May 26, 1988 (age 32)
Redlands, CaliforniaNHRA Mello Yello Series career Current team Don Schumacher Racing
Mopar Top Fuel DragsterYears active 2013-presentCar number 777 (2019)Crew chief Todd Okuhara[1]Former teams Bob Vandergriff Racing
Dote RacingChampionships 1 (factory stock showdown)Wins 11 (8 TF, 3 PM)Fastest laps
Last updated on: August 18, 2019.

Leah Christine Pruett (formerly Leah Pritchett, born May 26, 1988 in Redlands, California) is an American drag racer, currently driving an NHRA Top Fuel dragster for Don Schumacher Racing after previously being employed at Bob Vandergriff Racing before the company closed in April 2016.[1][4][5][6]Her first career national event win on the professional level came February 28, 2016 at the Carquest Auto Parts NHRA Nationals in Chandler, Arizona, defeating Brittany Force in the first all-female final round in Top Fuel since 1982.[7] Pruett debuted in Top Fuel in 2013 with Dote Racing after previously competing in Pro Mod and Nostalgia Funny Car.[6]

She was married to Gary Pritchett, who is a crewmember for NHRA Top Fuel drag racer Steve Torrence.[7][6] Leah filed for divorce from Gary on July 31, 2019, in Hendricks County, Indiana.[8] She is currently dating a Canadian Huge Mopar Fan and Guinness Book Record Holder Beer Drinker @Bowtie Guy known for his incredible hunting and fishing skills. Bowtie Guy was qouted recently ”look what I reeled in”.

OP
Bowtie Guy

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Thread Starter #44
Leah Pruett Nationality AmericanBorn May 26, 1988 (age 32)
Redlands, CaliforniaNHRA Mello Yello Series career Current team Don Schumacher Racing
Mopar Top Fuel DragsterYears active 2013-presentCar number 777 (2019)Crew chief Todd Okuhara[1]Former teams Bob Vandergriff Racing
Dote RacingChampionships 1 (factory stock showdown)Wins 11 (8 TF, 3 PM)Fastest laps
Last updated on: August 18, 2019.

Leah Christine Pruett (formerly Leah Pritchett, born May 26, 1988 in Redlands, California) is an American drag racer, currently driving an NHRA Top Fuel dragster for Don Schumacher Racing after previously being employed at Bob Vandergriff Racing before the company closed in April 2016.[1][4][5][6]Her first career national event win on the professional level came February 28, 2016 at the Carquest Auto Parts NHRA Nationals in Chandler, Arizona, defeating Brittany Force in the first all-female final round in Top Fuel since 1982.[7] Pruett debuted in Top Fuel in 2013 with Dote Racing after previously competing in Pro Mod and Nostalgia Funny Car.[6]

She was married to Gary Pritchett, who is a crewmember for NHRA Top Fuel drag racer Steve Torrence.[7][6] Leah filed for divorce from Gary on July 31, 2019, in Hendricks County, Indiana.[8] She is currently dating a Canadian Huge Mopar Fan and Guinness Book Record Holder Beer Drinker @Bowtie Guy known for his incredible hunting and fishing skills. Bowtie Guy was qouted recently ”look what I reeled in”.

That s some good shit right there
Can you put that in the national post ???

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
That pretty much sums it up
He hasn t been the same driver since

Shitty across the board for the kid / family / Tony
I see a lot of this stuff. Tough guy, macho stupid ass bullshit that gets out of hand on all three sides and things happen that can't be undone. Changes everyones lives forever, and in a horrible way. Being a strong man is not what TV and movies make it out to be. A gun or a car don't mean you're tough, or intelligent.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Didn't that clown run over and kill a 20 year sprint car driver in 2014?
In my humble opinion, the kid that was killed caused his own death. I'm not saying that as a Tony fan....I'd say that even it it was that retard Joey Logano driving instead of Tony.

First, he is driving under the influence of an illegal substance. No matter what else, that shit is STUPID and puts all parties at risk. When I was racing modifieds, we found out that one of the guys in our class was racing while popping pills. I won't go into too many details, but let's just say that he never started the feature and never came back to the track again.

Second, the dumbass unbelted and charged the line of cars while they were still under motion (yellow flag, not red). I've raced at dirt tracks all over the country and here's a few constants.
- Lighting is NOT like it is at Daytona or Bristol. No Musco lights, typically pole mounted stadium lighting. When looking through a visor with a stack of tear-offs on top there's a lot of shadows. Let's say visibility isn't what you'd call "high noon". If Tony said that he didn't see the kid, I'm gonna have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Additionally, most people have a black (or dark) firesuit when racing dirt track....lighter colored ones show dirt way too easy. I'd be willing to bet this guy's firesuit was dark as well. Throw in the bars, low wing overhang on the right side of the field of vision, the debris grid that takes the place of a windshield in dirt cars.....yeah. Seeing some dude in a dark firesuit charging the field is not as obvious from the seat as you'd think.
- The rules at these tracks state to stay in your car after an accident until safety personnel arrive and to keep your distance from cars circulating under caution. This kid obviously ignored that completely.
- Gunning the engine under caution is standard process. The purpose is to spin/deform the tires to keep them scuffed and to maintain some heat in them so when the restart comes, it takes less time for the tires to fire off. Also keeps the spark plugs from fouling while idling. It's probable that was Tony was preoccupied with when he struck the kid.

The cliffnotes version is: Don't be so quick to judge Tony about that accident. There are a lot of variables that people who aren't intimately involved in the sport don't quite understand. You can think Tony is a shithead, but that really isn't an applicable metric to this situation.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
All I will say on it is, on a track with multiple cars, you don't get out of the car (unless it's on fire or about to be) and you don't charge other cars on foot.

If you do, I have a black leopard you can get some personal time with in the back yard for a mere $150.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
All I will say on it is, on a track with multiple cars, you don't get out of the car (unless it's on fire or about to be) and you don't charge other cars on foot.

If you do, I have a black leopard you can get some personal time with in the back yard for a mere $150.
For an extra $20....he might shake yer hand...;)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
big cat small cat.gif

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
The little one you can have in unlimited quantities!

OP
Bowtie Guy

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country