Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

GT500 goes 9.70 at 144

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Actually these are all like 16 years old. They're sitting on the hard drive, ought to dosomething with them...
well I laughed like hell when he slapped that cobra.....that thing was big and bad when it bit that bag but ran like a bitch when it got slapped

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Notice how a pro racer couldn't launch the Hellcat. Spun and ran a 11.7 wrong type of pro racer behind the wheel.
Doesn't that go to show that these MOPARs are a little bit of a handful for the inexperienced and the GT500 isn't too far from a Tesla in that you hit a few buttons and the car does the work for you?
That's why these cars don't get any credit, there are a bunch of people without the seat time giving them a bad rap. :mad:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Agreed... but I will wager the snake had no idea what the hell to do. How many times is a king cobra going to have been hit on the top of his head in his lifetime?

And reason 2, didn't want Old Bay to feel lonely.

drunks3-21.gif

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Doesn't that go to show that these MOPARs are a little bit of a handful for the inexperienced and the GT500 isn't too far from a Tesla in that you hit a few buttons and the car does the work for you?
That's why these cars don't get any credit, there are a bunch of people without the seat time giving them a bad rap. :mad:
As I noted elsewhere - it's the launch software that's really being tested (or folks ability to push the buttons...)

fetch_machine.gif

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Agreed... but I will wager the snake had no idea what the hell to do. How many times is a king cobra going to have been hit on the top of his head in his lifetime?

And reason 2, didn't want Old Bay to feel lonely.

View attachment 11234
oh sure....just like a shark is suposed to go away if you hit it in the nose or head really hard. I'm sure it doesn't happen very often, but when it does, it's funny as hell. I was actually surprised that the cobra gave the guy enough time to hit him on the head. thanks for the laugh

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Notice how a pro racer couldn't launch the Hellcat. Spun and ran a 11.7 wrong type of pro racer behind the wheel.
Probably still holds an advantage over a random columnist don't ya think? 6mph trap speed delta says Gapplebee's given traction and similar drivers. Its just physics, the GT500 is lighter, make more power, has a superior transmission and launch control.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Probably still holds an advantage over a random columnist don't ya think? 6mph trap speed delta says Gapplebee's given traction and similar drivers. Its just physics, the GT500 is lighter, make more power, has a superior transmission and launch control.
Maybe....maybe not. He ran a M6 time. Hellcats are all about the launch and that needs lots of practice. The Hellcat doesn't do it for you it is one of the most difficult cars too get out of the hole. He spun the crap out of it. It should have at least matched the GT500s time with just a easy launch then pinning it after second shift. That is what makes the Hellcat fun to me. It has to be tamed. You have to learn the car and become one with it. Most cars these days do it all for you.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
That 6mph trap speed delta is FAR more telling though. The GT500 would take that Hellcat to Gapplebee's with better traction or better driver. Nevermind the fact that they state that the GT500 was driven by Road & Track columnist, but the Hellcat was driven by a pro racer.
You may be reading a little too much into that trap speed. It's not like they can trap 144 mph on a 1.3 60ft. Big difference that is overlooked with all the ginned up hype around these cars. Those traps will come down when the 60fts do.

OP
WhipCat

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #89
Maybe....maybe not. He ran a M6 time. Hellcats are all about the launch and that needs lots of practice. The Hellcat doesn't do it for you it is one of the most difficult cars too get out of the hole. He spun the crap out of it. It should have at least matched the GT500s time with just a easy launch then pinning it after second shift. That is what makes the Hellcat fun to me. It has to be tamed. You have to learn the car and become one with it. Most cars these days do it all for you.
i agree. The hellcat can get out of the hole. It’s just really hard to do. Takes allot of practice.

the trap on the gt500 is impressive, but like phasthemi just said, when the car starts booking with a better launch the trap will drop down.

curious to see a free way match up...