Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Harman Kardon 19 speaker

Member ID
Reactions
City
New York
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango 392
Hi guys. Does the HK 19 speaker in the Durango SRT have subwoofers?
I hear with a subwoofer I’m supposed to feel the sound but not getting that with my system.Is it possible that I don’t have it tuned right Or does it depend on the kind of sub?
Thanks
G.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It one of the few options my wife didn't order on ours, so I can't help unfortunately.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I'm going to guess it has a different sub box then what the Challenger has. My Charger is different but it is suppose to have them in the package tray so the Durango may also be hidden

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
It's all the way in the rear of the vehicle under the floor. Very muffled on Durangos partly because of being so covered up.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
No idea on the Durango, on my 19 Charger the HK system is horrible. I seriously hate it and take any opportunity to vent my frustration. It does not get loud enough and the bass was a sloppy mess. I disconnected the atrocious free air woofer on the parcel shelf and added a self powered sub. Now I can listen to music and not get super irritated. Still isn't great though.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
I loved the HK in my Charger! I guess I’m not as big of a music aficionado as some?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I loved the HK in my Charger! I guess I’m not as big of a music aficionado as some?
I have no issue with it:)

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Turn the bass up in the Equalizer settings :)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Can't speak to the Durango, but on my Hellcat Charger I had a bizarre problem. When reading from a thumb drive, when you started the car, the subwoofers would not be driven. Just silence, no signal. If you then switched to any other input, and then back to the USB stick, it would work fine. When using other inputs, like radio, etc..., they performed without problem. Never bothered to have it chased down (can you imagine!) under warranty, did not seem to be worth it to me. Whole center stack had to be changed out under warranty for other reasons and that did not fix it either.

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Get the HK if you like subwoofer distortion.
I had it in my other Hellcat and hated it, my Redeye has the Alpine and you can hear it so much better.

Member ID
Reactions
City
DENAIR
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango RT
hello all, our family just purchased a 2021 Durango RT this past April. We ordered this car with just a few upgrades, one being the HK stereo (my idea!). I'm starting to regret it as it has had problems from day one (the day we picked it up). the front speakers on both sides have a static crackling sound to them. It happens every day and sometimes goes away. I took it back just about a week after having it, and they replaced a few speakers. Problem not solved. 5 months later, I'm taking it back today to have them hopefully figure it out. Do you any of you have thoughts or experience anything like this? Probably should have stayed with the stock stereo option!! lol. thanks for your time. I have video/audio of it, but can't get it to upload.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
The only problem I have with mine, HK, is the dealer. That and I can't hear the woof ings from the trunk with the lid up.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
It's a dodge

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
It is not a concert venue for sure. Spend your $$$ else where.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn Hills
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger SXT
hello all, our family just purchased a 2021 Durango RT this past April. We ordered this car with just a few upgrades, one being the HK stereo (my idea!). I'm starting to regret it as it has had problems from day one (the day we picked it up). the front speakers on both sides have a static crackling sound to them. It happens every day and sometimes goes away. I took it back just about a week after having it, and they replaced a few speakers. Problem not solved. 5 months later, I'm taking it back today to have them hopefully figure it out. Do you any of you have thoughts or experience anything like this? Probably should have stayed with the stock stereo option!! lol. thanks for your time. I have video/audio of it, but can't get it to upload.
Sorry to hear about that! We'd like to look into this so you can get back to enjoying your Uconnect system. If you'd like us to look into this for you, feel free to send our team a private message with your VIN and any additional details that would be helpful for us to know.

Courtney
Dodge Cares

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
All our ears are blown from loud engines all our lives.

Sentinel

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rosharon
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 F8 Green Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
I had Alpine on my 2019 Hellcat and recently traded up to a 2019 Redeye with HK and it really sucks. Messed with the equalizer and surround sound. Bass is sub par. Wondering if maybe someone removed the subwoofer.

Last edited:

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I had Alpine on my 2019 Hellcat with Alpine and recently traded up to a 2019 Redeye with HK and it really sucks. Messed with the equalizer and surround sound. Bas is sub par. Wondering if maybe someone removed the subwoofer.
Bass is one thing the HK system does not lack! I know guys talk about not liking HK in chargers but sounds like you have a Challenger.

Pop the trunk and lift the floor lid up, you should see two subs there. If they are there, well there might be some other problem.

I’m not an audiophile or anything but I like the HK in my Challenger, one of the things I really like about it. My HK in my BMW sucks.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Bass is one thing the HK system does not lack! I know guys talk about not liking HK in chargers but sounds like you have a Challenger.

Pop the trunk and lift the floor lid up, you should see two subs there. If they are there, well there might be some other problem.

I’m not an audiophile or anything but I like the HK in my Challenger, one of the things I really like about it. My HK in my BMW sucks.
how's the sound system in the vomit comet?

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
how's the sound system in the vomit comet?
Very soothing, almost like a sleep sound machine playing white noise.

Until you hear some noises it shouldn’t be making, then your butthole starts to pucker a bit :D.