Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcat Anti-Theft Devices

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
With the uptick in keyless entry thefts around the country think it's a good idea to install an anti-theft device of some sort. It seems once thieves get in the car after cutting the window they need to plug in a dealer/hacking device to start it.
A hidden ignition kill switch might be even better.

Really interested in some sort of device as an added firewall. Don't leave the car parked on the street often but if on a trip would be nice to know it's secured vs. a team of 2-3 on foot thugs. Tow truck theft is another story.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Damn, will the MR’ers please come to my house.

5835E99B-5029-4BBA-92DE-D5BDD10CFC31.jpeg

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
With the uptick in keyless entry thefts around the country think it's a good idea to install an anti-theft device of some sort. It seems once thieves get in the car after cutting the window they need to plug in a dealer/hacking device to start it.

Really interested in some sort of device as an added firewall. Don't leave the car parked on the street often but if on a trip would be nice to know it's secured vs. a team of 2-3 on foot thugs. Tow truck theft is another story.

I used to do the kill switch to the fuel pump relay in all my Fox body Fords years ago. It was easy to do and I didn't even hide the toggle switch. I put it on a bracket on the bottom of the dash. No one that ever got in the car to drive it would even try to work that switch to see if it did anything. They would sit there and keeo trying the key to start the car and it never worked. If I took the car to a shop for any reason I would always have to go out and flip the switch for them.....even after I told them about the switch.

I have been considering something like this for newer vehicles involving either the fuel pump or the small wiring to the starter or a starter relay. I've also thought about getting another obd plug, and putting that new, empty plug in place of the factory one and tucking the real one up out of the way.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Best anti-theft

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I used to do the kill switch to the fuel pump relay in all my Fox body Fords years ago. It was easy to do and I didn't even hide the toggle switch. I put it on a bracket on the bottom of the dash. No one that ever got in the car to drive it would even try to work that switch to see if it did anything. They would sit there and keeo trying the key to start the car and it never worked. If I took the car to a shop for any reason I would always have to go out and flip the switch for them.....even after I told them about the switch.

I have been considering something like this for newer vehicles involving either the fuel pump or the small wiring to the starter or a starter relay. I've also thought about getting another obd plug, and putting that new, empty plug in place of the factory one and tucking the real one up out of the way.
Neither of my cats are DD's...so for me its simple..when not in use..alarmed locked garage with cameras....when I do drive them they are never outta my sight...if I did DD them..I would have to rethink added security:unsure:

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392

I've also thought about getting another obd plug, and putting that new, empty plug in place of the factory one and tucking the real one up out of the way.
My son bought my 392 after the lease was up. There have been a lot of Charger/Challenger thefts at his plant lately. He keeps his fob in a Faraday bag so nobody can clone/rebroadcast/whatever it as he walks to/from the car. We also removed the OBD2 plug from the bracket and pushed it up into the dash. We ordered a dummy from Amazon that we will put in its place tomorrow. He also has a dashcam that's always recording. He may end up with a broken window, but the car should stay put. Might do a hidden kill switch too.

And if all else fails, that's what insurance is for.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
My son bought my 392 after the lease was up. There have been a lot of Charger/Challenger thefts at his plant lately. He keeps his fob in a Faraday bag so nobody can clone/rebroadcast/whatever it as he walks to/from the car. We also removed the OBD2 plug from the bracket and pushed it up into the dash. We ordered a dummy from Amazon that we will put in its place tomorrow. He also has a dashcam that's always recording. He may end up with a broken window, but the car should stay put. Might do a hidden kill switch too.

Crazy to think we have to do all this Bullshit to keep our cars safe

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle

No need to bag it. Just turn off the remote / RFID unlock. You have to use the FOB like an old-fashioned one and push a button to unlock the door but the car can't be stolen either.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
No need to bag it. Just turn off the remote / RFID unlock. You have to use the FOB like an old-fashioned one and push a button to unlock the door but the car can't be stolen either.
He could, but the point is to have no RF transmissions of any kind, button push or not. Any signal could be intercepted/used with the right equipment I would assume.

Really any method is just going to make it a little harder for a thief... and hopefully it's enough to make them move on to an easier target. If they really want it bad enough, they will get it one way or another. Could always come in and scoop it up with a truck if they wanted to.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
There's always wiring a hand grenade to the car wheel....that way when the thief drives off, the wire pulls the pin and a few seconds later it blows up. Granted.....the car will be totaled.....but so will the thief.....or very close to it.....but he probably won't be running away.

It worked wonderfully in Iraq.....just sayin'

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
There's always wiring a hand grenade to the car wheel....that way when the thief drives off, the wire pulls the pin and a few seconds later it blows up. Granted.....the car will be totaled.....but so will the thief.....or very close to it.....but he probably won't be running away.

It worked wonderfully in Iraq.....just sayin'
and here I thought all you did over there was hit on all those aeyrab chicks...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
This can all be fixed w more sophisticated fobs tied in with the cars electronics with both using rolling algorithm encryption but that means if batteries in either die you have to get the keys rematches. I'll just turn off the system for now. Hell I'm still fine w real keys.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Widebody
I made a metal cover to go over the neutral pull mechanism. Hopefully when they get in to put it in neutral they will realize they can't get to the pull and walk away. IMG_20201218_163045705.jpg IMG_20201218_164535922.jpg

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
@Magnified is this procedure discussed in the Owners Manual? Im interested. Thanks.

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Widebody
I actually made a batch of them that I have been selling on another forum but wasn't sure I should post them on here being the new guy.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Main switch hidden that switches off primary ignition power, easy. Not expensive at all.

Or when on the road, take an old active cell phone, confirm the find-me is activated and hide it somewhere in the car. You will find them:oops:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
@Magnified is this procedure discussed in the Owners Manual? Im interested. Thanks.
Go through the menu screens, there is a on/off tab for "remote entry" or something like that. I can't remember what its called, but it turns off the constant search for the RFID signal from the fob. The door lock/unlock, trunk release, and remote start still work.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I actually made a batch of them that I have been selling on another forum but wasn't sure I should post them on here being the new guy.
Reach out to @Hunter or @BULL and find out what you have to do to be a vendor here. I'm sure there's some rules, but I have no idea what they are. Those guys would know for sure.

I wondered about a product like this when I saw that video of the guys pushing that charger after popping it into neutral.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US