Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcat Charger wrecked!

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Yes, sorry for the events. Thought makes me cringe! If success only depended on our own driving...sadly, no such luck.

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
I zoomed in on your pics and that looks nasty. Sorry you got caught up in that mess. Inattentive drivers piss me of to the max. Eating, texting, chatting on the phone, jerking off...there is no excuse for giving less than 100% of one's attention when behind the wheel.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I'll 2nd the dashcam, I'll never drive without one now.
And for both reasons cited above by @BULL .

And that sucks about the damage man...

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I only know of a few of these. There was a dealer in VA who had one, mine, and another guy in Raleigh, NC has one. I am sure they made more but you sure don't see them very often!
Yes you are correct and mine is the va one. Here is some ideas when you take her to the body shop and yeah maybe you like and maybe you don’t but just ideas.
BE834C9C-D112-4EE4-B4B8-7EE3C34692DF.jpeg B2F9B327-ADD8-4E19-B34A-29BF864ADDCB.jpeg 331AC6BD-851C-47D4-BFB4-AB401CAD7EA1.jpeg 7EE0E82B-4E7F-4D06-8FDA-43135DF0771E.jpeg 2DBF7D79-D17A-4317-9F5A-91A8A8F3271B.jpeg

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well, it finally happened. I suppose I knew it was bound to happen at some point up here in Maryland. Driver tried to merge into me causing me to swerve into a parked car, either way I was screwed.
That sucks.
I feel your pain.
Hope you and everyone else is doing ok.

Phizzle

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Damn, sorry that happened to you man. I can't believe that idiot didn't see you.

Definitely echoing what others have said, dash cam. I need to invest in one myself. There are A LOT of idiots on the road.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
This is like the 50th time this has happened in the last 18 months, my wife keeps saying to let them hit me. But my natural reaction is to avoid which of course I did. I off-center rear ended a person in the non turning lane at the light.
It's weird that you mention what your wife tells you because I was discussing something similar with my insurance agent the other day (it was around hitting deer). She told me to just hit it because they really are starting to look at people who use that excuse and run off the road or hit something else. I asked her about cars hitting me, and she said to let them hit me because then they know who to deal with, but if I hit something, and the other person leaves, and I hit someone or something else, then it's all on me.
It's dangerous here in Maryland, and even more so in Baltimore. Too many people cutting other people off so they can jump the light or try to get ahead. I hate going downtown for numerous reasons, and that's just one of them.

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
It's weird that you mention what your wife tells you because I was discussing something similar with my insurance agent the other day (it was around hitting deer). She told me to just hit it because they really are starting to look at people who use that excuse and run off the road or hit something else. I asked her about cars hitting me, and she said to let them hit me because then they know who to deal with, but if I hit something, and the other person leaves, and I hit someone or something else, then it's all on me.
It's dangerous here in Maryland, and even more so in Baltimore. Too many people cutting other people off so they can jump the light or try to get ahead. I hate going downtown for numerous reasons, and that's just one of them.
Dude you speak the truth when it comes to people trying to get ahead at lights. Every single time I work in the city (Buffalo) I see people pulling up at stop lights all the way to the right only to jump the light and try to get in front of the car next to them before the get up to a parked car. Total asshole move!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Dude you speak the truth when it comes to people trying to get ahead at lights. Every single time I work in the city (Buffalo) I see people pulling up at stop lights all the way to the right only to jump the light and try to get in front of the car next to them before the get up to a parked car. Total asshole move!
And that's exactly the same dumb shit they do here. You think they're waiting to turn right but then they jump you.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
And these dumb ass Electric self driving cars have people believing it will be a beautiful ride.
I have adaptive on many cars and it’s truly a take over in many situations. And some times your 2 cars back and people will jump you in stop and go traffic since the adaptive is not a human.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
And these dumb ass Electric self driving cars have people believing it will be a beautiful ride.
I have adaptive on many cars and it’s truly a take over in many situations. And some times your 2 cars back and people will jump you in stop and go traffic since the adaptive is not a human.
Oh yeah, if you leave a spot, someone WILL jump into it. Makes me wish sometimes that I had an old Buick Electra 225 or something similar that I could just ram into that persons Altima or Camry and laugh off the paint rub on my big chrome bumper while they are waiting for the tow truck to show up.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Well, it finally happened. I suppose I knew it was bound to happen at some point up here in Maryland. Driver tried to merge into me causing me to swerve into a parked car, either way I was screwed.
Well that would make me sick to my stomach...this may sound strange...but in some cases there is a certain degree in validity to what your wife said....as it stands now..you ran into the back of another car...(never good)...as far as the insurance company goes..your at fault..for any liability..physical damage..and any personal injury to the car you hit..(laws governing personal injury vary from state to state)..and you must make a claim against your collision portion of your policy for repairs to your sick kitty...it is considered a chargeable accident...if a collision occurred between you and the guy that forced you off the road..an investigation would determine liability...somebody was in the wrong...if dash cam reveals any negligence on the other drivers fault...it will be up to LE in that jurisdiction to determine if they can be held accountable...So i'm with your wife on this one...if your in the right...HIT him...F*CKEM...PS..your insurance will go up

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Well that would make me sick to my stomach...this may sound strange...but in some cases there is a certain degree in validity to what your wife said....as it stands now..you ran into the back of another car...(never good)...as far as the insurance company goes..your at fault..for any liability..physical damage..and any personal injury to the car you hit..(laws governing personal injury vary from state to state)..and you must make a claim against your collision portion of your policy for repairs to your sick kitty...it is considered a chargeable accident...if a collision occurred between you and the guy that forced you off the road..an investigation would determine liability...somebody was in the wrong...if dash cam reveals any negligence on the other drivers fault...it will be up to LE in that jurisdiction to determine if they can be held accountable...So i'm with your wife on this one...if your in the right...HIT him...F*CKEM...PS..your insurance will go up
By the way...I couldn't sleep till it was fixed

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
While the damage definitely sucks, I’d hardly call that wrecked. Reading the thread title I was expecting a WRECK lol. Hopefully it gets sorted out for you quickly. Being without it sucks more.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Sorry about that - mine has never been hit... yet. Glad you weren't hurt. This too shall pass.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Yes you are correct and mine is the va one. Here is some ideas when you take her to the body shop and yeah maybe you like and maybe you don’t but just ideas.
View attachment 10842 View attachment 10843 View attachment 10844 View attachment 10845 View attachment 10846
That looks far better than I would have said it would, if you had just described it. Good on you for doing what you want to personalize the car.

OP
SpecOps Veteran

SpecOps Veteran

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fayettevile
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Charger, 2021 Hellcat Durango
Thread Starter #37
This happened on Veterans Pkwy in hyattesville.

OP
SpecOps Veteran

SpecOps Veteran

Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fayettevile
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Charger, 2021 Hellcat Durango
Thread Starter #38
View attachment 10842 View attachment 10843 View attachment 10844 View attachment 10845 View attachment 10846
now i like that. and since it has to go to the PPF guy to redo stripes and ppf anyways i might give him some leeway and see what he wants to do.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Cokeburg
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 hellcat redeye
Really feel the pain brother, hopefully you get it fixed up nicer than before, I live near interstate 70 and refuse to drive that route, always have to remind yourself it could have been lot worse.,

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
It is weird. With the paint job couldn't tell before or after.