Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hellcat owner no longer/ Lease turn in thread

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #41
Not a fair comparison since those were surely of the more valuable and desirable 2-door kind.
You are saying taxis are rare? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
You are saying taxis are rare? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Mine is 1 of 2 so yes rare, or because no one wanted a taxi, don't tell jimmy that though

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #43
DODGE on the back....HELLCAT wins nothing more to say:cool:
Dodge is essentially an updated mb πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

But in all seriousness the e55 is the sleeper until I step on it, I'm sure @Jimmy N. Respects that πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚maybe not his neighbor though. And the charger is the one people gawk at, it got a lot of attention for a 4 door taxi, guess everyone wanted a ride 😜

Shouldn't be too hard to tell I miss the taxi ☹😫

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Mine is 1 of 2 so yes rare, or because no one wanted a taxi, don't tell jimmy that though
Rare?!? Both our Challengers are one of one, so don't bring up rarity here.
On the other hand, between they two, they do have four doors.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
I will at some point write an article/post titled...@Jimmy N., Chronicles of a beginning 4 door love affair. I got @Jimmy N. right where I want him πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I got @Jimmy N. right where I want him πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜…πŸ€£πŸ˜‚.
Yeah, no longer within easy driving distance of you, right?

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah, no longer within easy driving distance of you, right?
Taxi's have no limitations...πŸ˜†

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Maybe so. But my Challenger is severely limited by its puny gas tank.
If it wasn't for that, I may just have driven over and sucked up a lot of your smoke, keeping it in the air filter, and made our air over here a bit nicer.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I wish we all were closer. It would be fun to meet up. Maybe someday? In the meantime, I will proudly keep my Taxi light on. πŸ˜›

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Be careful what you wish for, Hellcatcfp. Very careful.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Be careful what you wish for, Hellcatcfp. Very careful.
Plan on visiting New Mexico with the Motorhome at some point. Unfortunately, will have the Durango (or whatever my towed vehicle is at that time). Will definitely let you know when I might be in your neck of the woods. Would be great to meet you and shake your hand.

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #52
I wish we all were closer. It would be fun to meet up. Maybe someday? In the meantime, I will proudly keep my Taxi light on. πŸ˜›
I think the man everyone wants to meet is hickster, boy what a fella.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Plan on visiting New Mexico with the Motorhome at some point. Unfortunately, will have the Durango (or whatever my towed vehicle is at that time). Will definitely let you know when I might be in your neck of the woods. Would be great to meet you and shake your hand.
That'd be perfect, Hellcatcfp. It's been about 10 months since my last CA visit, and I still haven't fully recuperated.
Besides, your Durango will feel much more at home here, being somewhat close to Durango.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Meh. We can park the Durango in the trees somewhere, out of sight.
The motorhome is most likely a 2-door, maybe three, so that's acceptable.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I bought mine (at lease end) back in May or so. As noted elsewhere the BS-o-meter on line valuation tools are showing my value going up. Something like 55,000 or something now. A trip. Get what you like and enjoy it. I am not brand loyal - a "brand" doesn't mean shit. Individual car lines (and sub lines) inside the same manufacturer can be designed incredibly poorly or magnificently. And there is so much interlocking ownership and parts sharing (and third party third world parts suppliers) that branding is meaningless. If I like the car (or the bike) I get it if I want it.

It's all an illusion, like devotion to a particular sports team. They don't give a shit, and most aren't worthy of sitting down with for a dinner as individuals - they have for too long been treated as exceptions to the rules others have to live by. Such attitudes are dangerous, both to people and to society.

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #56
I bought mine (at lease end) back in May or so. As noted elsewhere the BS-o-meter on line valuation tools are showing my value going up. Something like 55,000 or something now. A trip. Get what you like and enjoy it. I am not brand loyal - a "brand" doesn't mean shit. Individual car lines (and sub lines) inside the same manufacturer can be designed incredibly poorly or magnificently. And there is so much interlocking ownership and parts sharing (and third party third world parts suppliers) that branding is meaningless. If I like the car (or the bike) I get it if I want it.

It's all an illusion, like devotion to a particular sports team. They don't give a shit, and most aren't worthy of sitting down with for a dinner as individuals - they have for too long been treated as exceptions to the rules others have to live by. Such attitudes are dangerous, both to people and to society.
I agree with the first part.

Second part I would say applies more towards politicians, musicians and actors.

For me the sports team is more important than any individual player, I watch the team not any individual player, similarly I enjoy the hellcat not the dart, caravan, etc etc

I would say I'm a hardcore fan but I'm also not stuck in the imaginary world, players are no different than me or you, heck Donald Trump is no different than me or you. Their actions are their own and when I go to watch the game I go to watch them play not talk about they are pieces of sh*t outside the game.... most are lol.

I watch all the football games for my particular team, casual baseball/hockey/basketball in the regular season but will watch all playoff games.

As far as me selling the hellcat goes, it was moreso about the upgrade to the widebody as it has the ability for more traction. So getting the positive equity was a way for me to justify waiting a few months.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Roger that. And I am torn on the Redeye.... It is more than horsepower, but 10 grand is a lot of money (to me).

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #58
Roger that. And I am torn on the Redeye.... It is more than horsepower, but 10 grand is a lot of money (to me).
Yeah I'm going to get killed on a redeye lease but if it's around $1k I would consider. Definitely not going to happen in the 1st MY tho.

I feel like the 100 horsepower or so jump isn't going to kill me if I don't have it in a daily, plus keep my options open.

I got numbers back on a wb and it was roughly $850, would jump on it if I could shave off another $100-$150 bucks..... gonna need some kind of rebate to get there, not looking good at all.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
This must be a taxi thing.
The "owner" don't even buy the car, then rents out seating space short term.

OP
2pac

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Thread Starter #60
This must be a taxi thing.
The "owner" don't even buy the car, then rents out seating space short term.
Hey we taxi owners don't baby our cars πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, we rent em and then rent them to others, think of us like an amusement park unlike you 2 door guys who insist on your car being a museum. 😝